Bootleg Radio

admin

With the recent advent of the The Cyber Nations Youtube Network I believe that such ventures can help revitalize this great game of ours and so when I was recently approached by bros and Brehon regarding their recent revival of the Internet Radio Station, Bootleg Radio I thought it was another great opportunity to get more people interested in Cyber Nations.

A few notes from Bros and Brehon, the station managers:
Hi everyone. First, we'd like to thank admin for this great opportunity, both for Bootleg and the Cyber Nations community, as it benefits both of us in different but equally impactful ways.

Secondly, we'd like to stress one of the major things outlined in our recent announcement, the fact that we are looking for talent for the station. We don't expect you to be a professional or even have any experience with whatever area you have skills in (Although experience in Graphic Design is highly preferred).

With DJing and writing Gaming News articles, we want individuals who are willing to dedicate a few hours a week to the betterment of the station, and in turn, bettering the Cyber Nations community through having interesting content written by interesting people. With DJing, all you need is a decent music collection, a microphone, and a good attitude. You can do virtually any format for your show, but lets not get into the technicalities here. Now is a time for fun.

Finally, we would like to take this time to bring extra attention to our forums, which at the moment are rather empty and waiting for exciting discussion to ensue. So why not come on over, take a peek at the DJ application, and start some fun spam topics?

One more thing: If you want to write Gaming News articles/Scripts for little 30 second spots (They can be humorous, or just little ads that people order, whatever can spice the auto DJ up, or just add some flavor between some songs during a show), make graphics for the station, OR be a voice actor for the aforementioned spots (You don't have to have a good radio voice, just an emotive one, honest!), please contact myself or Brehon on IRC or via PM to either of our accounts on the Bootleg Forums.

Contact Information:
Brehon, General Manager of Bootleg Radio and Owner of Bootleg Media
Cyber Nations Forum Profile
Bootleg Radio Forum Profile
Brehon or Brehon[NPO] on irc.coldfront.net in #bootleg, the official channel of Bootleg Radio

Bros, General Manager of Bootleg Radio
Cyber Nations Forum Profile
Bootleg Radio Forum Profile
bros or bros|avay on irc.coldfront.net in #bootleg, the official channel of Bootleg Radio

Hey guys.

Tonight we will be having the soothing sounds of me, the DJ with the fun voice and odd cast of characters.

I play music ranging from Regina Spektor to Rush and we rock out while doing it. We go from 9 PM ET (8 PM CN Time) to 3 AM ET (2 AM CN Time), so come on in tonight and have some fun!

Hey guys.

Tonight we will be having the soothing sounds of me, the DJ with the fun voice and odd cast of characters.

I play music ranging from Regina Spektor to Rush and we rock out while doing it. We go from 9 PM ET (8 PM CN Time) to 3 AM ET (2 AM CN Time), so come on in tonight and have some fun!

cool story bros

I'll be doing a show around update, you can join the live chat on the coldfront irc channel #bootleg.

Depending on how things go, I'll try to do a few call ins.

Edit: also my show should be considered Not Work Safe, so if for whatever reason you're listening w/o headphones or are easily offended, you've been warned.

Edit 2: show sucked, good thing you didn't listen.  It will be better next time.

Edited by theArrowheadian

Edit: also my show should be considered Not Work Safe, so if for whatever reason you're listening w/o headphones or are easily offended, you've been warned.

Pretty much 90% of the reason that I don't listen to CN radio shows; I have no interest in basically non-stop cussing, poop jokes, and lies about CNers RL [non]sex lives.  If I want to hear that, Howard Stern does it better.

10% because I can't keep track of when to tune in for the rare show that isn't the 90%

Pretty much 90% of the reason that I don't listen to CN radio shows; I have no interest in basically non-stop cussing, poop jokes, and lies about CNers RL [non]sex lives.  If I want to hear that, Howard Stern does it better.

10% because I can't keep track of when to tune in for the rare show that isn't the 90%

Luckily my show isn't about CN.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that I am rather banned from #bootleg and would like to request anyone with such power to remove this ban of mine I have received last year regarding comments about a game similar to Cyber Nations.

I'll just check with Brehon, ban should be lifted tomorrow though.

• 2 weeks later...