A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Borsche' timestamp='1302103743' post='2685506']
This war was started because [i]someone[/i] asked too many questions...
[/quote]

Really? Why? How much is too many? Does the nature of questions affect the number allowed? Wouldn't it then be too many [i]wrong[/i] questions? Would that be countered by asking the [i]right[/i] questions? Does your alliance affiliation influence your question quota? Will you go out with me?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1302111779' post='2685559']
Really? Why? How much is too many? Does the nature of questions affect the number allowed? Wouldn't it then be too many [i]wrong[/i] questions? Would that be countered by asking the [i]right[/i] questions? Does your alliance affiliation influence your question quota? Will you go out with me?
[/quote]

Yes. No. 420. No. No. Yes. Yes. Yes.

[quote name='Borsche' timestamp='1302112622' post='2685565']
Yes. No. 420. No. No. Yes. Yes. Yes.
[/quote]

Will you pay for lunch?

So after the whole debacle about the Emperor of NPO giving money to young enemy nations in a time of war - the ante has been upped by none other than NPOs Imperial Officer of News and Propoganda, who willingly gave over 1 million units of credit to an enemy nation in a single sitting.

Are these covert attempts at buying peace?

Perhaps a means to buy themselves into the good graces of the more powerful side?

Treason?

Edited by speakerwire

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302114622' post='2685584']
So after the whole debacle about the Emperor of NPO giving money to young enemy nations in a time of war - the ante has been upped by none other than NPOs Imperial Officer of News and Propoganda, who willingly gave over 1 million units of credit to an enemy nation in a single sitting.

Perhaps a means to buy themselves into the good graces of the more powerful side?

Treason?
[/quote]

Covertly stocking up on babies? Scandalous extra-alliance affairs? Illicit meetings in a shady brothel? Bribes to get past customs? Payments to silence police investigations of the "exotic dancers" brought into the secret inter-alliance meetings? Hiring masseurs?

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302114622' post='2685584']

Treason?
[/quote]
Not to worry kiddo, Tora Tora Tora will be more than compensating those units soon enough. But I do have a present for you to play with on your 17th ( :lol1:) day on pb. Look! Shiny! ooooohhhhhhh. I'll get you a napkin to go with it.

[img]http://www.aerodynamite.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/slinky2.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1302114954' post='2685585']
Covertly stocking up on babies? Scandalous extra-alliance affairs? Illicit meetings in a shady brothel? Bribes to get past customs? Payments to silence police investigations of the "exotic dancers" brought into the secret inter-alliance meetings? Hiring masseurs?
[/quote]
I believe the covert stock up on babies is the excess storage the enemy has thrown against us. But remember, it's our seekrit. :ph34r: Not sure what the rest is all about.

[quote name='Borsche' timestamp='1302113142' post='2685573']
I refuse to be treated like some cheap harlot. To war.
[/quote]
Now that's the spirit! I'll wait until the second date then, ok sugar? I'd prefer you to be seen as a harlot, rather than a cheap one.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1302115576' post='2685590']
Not to worry kiddo, Tora Tora Tora will be more than compensating those units soon enough. But I do have a present for you to play with on your 17th ( :lol1:) day on pb. Look! Shiny! ooooohhhhhhh. I'll get you a napkin to go with it.

[img]http://www.aerodynamite.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/slinky2.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

It's funny how the only thing you can do is attack other nations based on age.

As if it has any relevance when it is being shown that many younger nations have more efficient and effective individual leadership than a sizable chunk of their older counterparts.

to be read as: 'Younger' GOONS nations kicking the tar out of 'older' and 'more established' NPO nations.

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302115915' post='2685595']
It's funny how the only thing you can do is attack other nations based on age.

As if it has any relevance when it is being shown that many younger nations have more efficient and effective individual leadership than a sizable chunk of their older counterparts.

to be read as: 'Younger' GOONS nations kicking the tar out of 'older' and 'more established' NPO nations.
[/quote]
Oh I so hope I get the chance to lay some ashpalt on your nation. The really hot and black type too.

Edit: did you make it past five steps yet? Those slinkys can be tough sometimes, especially when your new.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1302116089' post='2685596']
Oh I so hope I get the chance to lay some ashpalt on your nation. The really hot and black type too.
[/quote]

Seeing as you didn't respond to the base point, I'm going to go ahead and assume that means you agree?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302028752' post='2684830']
The highest reparation amount ever collected.

Not enough.

The destruction of the Continuum and the scourging of NPO.

Not enough.

The removal of NPO from any meaningful world role for well over a year, and even then at an obvious competitive disadvantage relative to its natural competitors both in terms of military and FA it was unlikely to ever overcome.

Not enough.

Just...wow. I wouldn't have thought it possible that people could still be this frightened by them...how...sad.
[/quote]

You're taking the word of LittleRena on the subject. It's not relevant considering his/her treaty web position. Let's check the people posting before quoting, ok?

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302116200' post='2685597']
Seeing as you didn't respond to the base point, I'm going to go ahead and assume that means you agree?
[/quote]
The base point being that I am laughing at new nations that have absolutely no clue what they are talking about, yet constantly try? Yes, I would wholeheartedly agree to that.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1302116414' post='2685599']
The base point that I am laughing at new nations that have absolutely no clue what they are talking about, yet constantly try? Yes, I would wholeheartedly agree to that.
[/quote]

NPO is losing, the martial prowess of those at her helm is questionable at best, NPO representatives rely on personal attacks in lieu of reasonable debate.

These things are plainly obvious and have been pointed to a multiple of times over the last several days worth of conversation. Yet it is the newer nations that are clueless?

As another representative here pointed out, cherry picking history to suit your argument is pointless when the here and now demands action. So pointing out that one was not around for particular 'bits of history' doesn't much matter.

Edited by speakerwire

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302116675' post='2685601']
NPO is losing, the martial prowess of those in her helm is questionable at best, NPO representatives rely on personal attacks in lieu of reasonable debate.

These things are plainly obvious and have been pointed to a multiple of times over the last several days worth of conversation. Yet it is the newer nations that are clueless?

As another representative here pointed out, cherry picking history to suit your argument is pointless when the here and now demands action.
[/quote]
Yes, your side is full of reasonable debate. :lol1:
Seriously just :lol1:

If cherry picking history to suit your argument is pointless, then why are you guys [i]constantly[/i] trying to use it as an excuse for this war?

Hey what's that odd music I hear? I can sorta make out the words...

[quote]Who walks the stair without a care
It shoots so high in the sky.
Bounce up and down just like a clown.
Everyone knows its Slinky.

The best present yet to give or get
The kids will all want to try.
The hit of the day when you're ready to play
Everyone knows it's Slinky.

It's Slinky, ItÂ’s Slinky
for fun it's the best of the toys
It's Slinky, ItÂ’s Slinky
the favorite of girls and boys.
Go slinky go!
[/quote]

:lol1:

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1302116909' post='2685603']
Yes, your side is full of reasonable debate. :lol1:
Seriously just :lol1:

If cherry picking history to suit your argument is pointless, then why are you guys [i]constantly[/i] trying to use it as an excuse for this war?

Hey what's that odd music I hear? I can sorta make out the words...
[/quote]

Your problem and the big issue with NPO is that you haven't understood yet that the war goes on not because of why it started but because of how it will end. And as soon as you figure that out, sit on the table to discuss the conditions for peace (and by conditions for peace that means negotiating something more reasonable than unconditional peace), the sooner we can all go home.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1302116408' post='2685598']
You're taking the word of LittleRena on the subject. It's not relevant considering his/her treaty web position. Let's check the people posting before quoting, ok?
[/quote]

It's not so much about the AA of the person posting, it's about the general attitude of those LittleRena supports. What about NPO so disturbs you so much that you can't grant peace today? They aren't the threat they were a couple of years ago, certainly as of now they are outclassed by the coalition arrayed against them and their allies and that coalition could actually be larger if the right IRC channels are visited.

No, there is no point on carrying on the war unless you fear them...or you just like to bully the slow, fat kid. <_<

Either way, it a poor reflection on you, not them.

Edited by ChairmanHal

I'm going to have to agree with WB here, the number of GOONS noobs that this war has brought to our boards and the sheer confidence with they pretend to own the place is hilarious.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1302117172' post='2685607']
sit on the table to discuss the conditions for peace (and by conditions for peace that means negotiating something more reasonable than unconditional peace), the sooner we can all go home.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's what we've been doing for the past week.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1302117172' post='2685607']
Your problem and the big issue with NPO is that you haven't understood yet that the war goes on not because of why it started but because of how it will end. And as soon as you figure that out, sit on the table to discuss the conditions for peace (and by conditions for peace that means negotiating something more reasonable than unconditional peace), the sooner we can all go home.
[/quote]
So the past 190 pages were just a dream? I'd love to sit down and discuss the conditions of peace but I'm not in government, I will leave that to our great staff. And I don't think white peace should be something dh recieves for this.

Edited by William Bonney