Really, Methrage?

NOMNOMNOM

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't log into cybernations for 2 days, as its hard to motivated to continue when doing good and surviving means being accused of bullying those in the alliance intent to bring my nation to ruins. I was thinking of just letting them ZI as I don't really care about my nation, but completing my tech deals motivates me to try continuing if I can, as well as seeing that NOMNOMNOM has declared on me now that I'm in his range again.

If some more people want to do tech deals I can use the money to get my current ones completed on time and fight them back again, although I'll still make sure those I owe tech to get it even if its a few days late due to me not paying attention to my wars consistently enough.

Still selling 100 tech for $4.5m or 50 tech for $3m, if there are any delays due to bill lock in getting anyone their tech, I will still send it out as soon as I'm able to buy the tech and send it out.

I'm not interested in continuing the war with ODN, but I am interested in keeping my tech buyers happy and getting NOMNOMNOM's nuke counter a little higher as a bonus if possible.

Edited by Methrage

God bless you Meth, you and these threads make my life a little brighter.

Always makes me happy to see someone fight on principle, even if i dont care for all of their actions, better to stand for something than stand for nothing.

[quote name='Kubla Khan' timestamp='1302479799' post='2688104']
God bless you Meth, you and these threads make my life a little brighter.

Always makes me happy to see someone fight on principle, even if i dont care for all of their actions, better to stand for something than stand for nothing.
[/quote]

This is pretty much how I view it too.

I mean, right in his signature it says he entered this to assist NPO. Anyone that knows me would likely laugh so hard as to lose control of their bodily functions if you suggested I would assist NPO. I am really very disappointed that I didnt get a chance to get a piece of them this war in fact, I was tempted to declare on them as soon as the other conflict wrapped up and I was free, but by that point there were just so many getting a piece of them it wouldnt have felt right. Maybe next time...

Anyway, yeah, I wouldnt do what he is doing just for that reason. But I am not so arrogant and self-absorbed as to be unable to see why he would do it. He charged into a charnel house on the losing side because he thought it was the right thing to do. And that gets my respect even when I dont really agree that it was the right thing to do. He took a stand based on what he believed was right, not what was convenient or advantageous, and this world needs more people doing that, not less, even if some of them do wind up doing things I dont agree with.

And ODN, really, if y'all will step back and take a little broader view, you have no reason to be upset with him. You did attack him, after all, not the other way around, and in the final analysis how has he really hurt you? He's blown some infra off some of your youngest nations, and in the process given them valuable experience that very few get a chance at. They can all be rebuilt better than before in no time once you wrap it up, and he isnt the one dragging it out. You have a standing offer for peace if you will just stop attacking him. It seems like a reasonable offer, so why not take it and let everyone move on? It wouldnt hurt you a bit to be the bigger man here would it?

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1302491163' post='2688284']
This is pretty much how I view it too.

I mean, right in his signature it says he entered this to assist NPO. Anyone that knows me would likely laugh so hard as to lose control of their bodily functions if you suggested I would assist NPO. I am really very disappointed that I didnt get a chance to get a piece of them this war in fact, I was tempted to declare on them as soon as the other conflict wrapped up and I was free, but by that point there were just so many getting a piece of them it wouldnt have felt right. Maybe next time...

Anyway, yeah, I wouldnt do what he is doing just for that reason. But I am not so arrogant and self-absorbed as to be unable to see why he would do it. He charged into a charnel house on the losing side because he thought it was the right thing to do. And that gets my respect even when I dont really agree that it was the right thing to do. He took a stand based on what he believed was right, not what was convenient or advantageous, and this world needs more people doing that, not less, even if some of them do wind up doing things I dont agree with.

And ODN, really, if y'all will step back and take a little broader view, you have no reason to be upset with him. You did attack him, after all, not the other way around, and in the final analysis how has he really hurt you? He's blown some infra off some of your youngest nations, and in the process given them valuable experience that very few get a chance at. They can all be rebuilt better than before in no time once you wrap it up, and he isnt the one dragging it out. You have a standing offer for peace if you will just stop attacking him. It seems like a reasonable offer, so why not take it and let everyone move on? It wouldnt hurt you a bit to be the bigger man here would it?
[/quote]
While MK was sanctioning me and attacking a member of Kerberos Nexus that came to assist when I was fighting GOONS, NPO refused to sanction me even though the alliances that now make up Doomhouse had convinced senators on every other color to sanction me. The red sphere and Red Dawn's refusal to do as they were told even though it made some of these alliances attacking them now angry earned them my respect, as well as made clear that alliance's like NPO and others who make up the red sphere are the only thing standing in the way of the current hegemony being able to completely isolate a nation, driving them from CN by making them fully blocked from any interaction with others other than the constant attacks coming from them.

While I don't agree with everything NPO has done, I stand with them to protect their right to not become part of SF/CnG/PB/DH cluster hegemony, yet still exist with their sovereignty and pride in tact. The red sphere needs to support each other when outside influences attack members or try telling our senators what to do. Legion removed the sanction I had on purple after I explained to them that GOONS shouldn't control their senate, which resulted in Legion getting threats from DH alliances. So I'm glad to be on the same side as Legion this war as well, since they also stood for something rather than let themselves get manipulated over letting others use their senate for sanctions.

The new world Doomhouse wants is one where alliances like the Goon Order of Sadism and Oppression, can behave exactly as their name would imply with anyone who won't carry out in helping to destroy any opposition is eliminated themselves not long after.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1302503191' post='2688410']
While MK was sanctioning me and attacking a member of Kerberos Nexus that came to assist when I was fighting GOONS, NPO refused to sanction me even though the alliances that now make up Doomhouse had convinced senators on every other color to sanction me.
[/quote]
To be fair, that was a joint Red Dawn decision. NPO and CoJ discussed the GOONS sanction request together before deciding jointly to deny it.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1302491163' post='2688284']
And ODN, really, if y'all will step back and take a little broader view, you have no reason to be upset with him.[/quote]

We're not. Why do you think we would be upset with him?

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1302532890' post='2688558']
We're not. Why do you think we would be upset with him?
[/quote]

Oh I dont know, because of this thread? [img]http://siberiantigeralliance.com/forums/Smileys/classic/dohh.gif[/img]

-omfg

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1302533085' post='2688559']
Oh I dont know, because of this thread? [img]http://siberiantigeralliance.com/forums/Smileys/classic/dohh.gif[/img]

-omfg
[/quote]

Thanks for not actually reading the thread, makes my life easier:

Nomnomnom has stated multiple times that this is his personal opinion, not ODN's.

Edited by itseZe

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1302538655' post='2688593']
Thanks for not actually reading the thread, makes my life easier:

Nomnomnom has stated multiple times that this is his personal opinion, not ODN's.
[/quote]

That's the lamest copout of responsibility on Planet Bob, and as such, I'm going to disregard it. So long as he posts with ODN crap all over his sig/avy/title, I'm going to assume he speaks for ODN. People thinking they can just call somebody out without facing potential consequences is retarded, be those consequences the wtfpwnage of their nation or the bad PR their alliance gets from sad members !@#$-posting.

[quote name='Hydro' timestamp='1302564552' post='2688862']
That's the lamest copout of responsibility on Planet Bob, and as such, I'm going to disregard it. So long as he posts with ODN crap all over his sig/avy/title, I'm going to assume he speaks for ODN. People thinking they can just call somebody out without facing potential consequences is retarded, be those consequences the wtfpwnage of their nation or the bad PR their alliance gets from sad members !@#$-posting.
[/quote]

If you don't like members of alliances having individual opinions that's your choice. We value the opinion of all our members, whether the majority agrees with them or not. And we allow our members to voice that opinion.
That freedom is an important part of our foundation. We don't care what you think about it, and we also don't care whether you think that this freedom of speech is a "copout".

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1302532890' post='2688558']
We're not. [/quote]

Glad to hear that. Hopefully that means this thing can be wrapped up without too much fuss and everyone can move on to brighter futures.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1302579430' post='2689092']
Glad to hear that. Hopefully that means this thing can be wrapped up without too much fuss and everyone can move on to brighter futures.
[/quote]
This has already long been wrapped up. So much actually that it has turned around with Nomnomnom attacking methrage.

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1302582979' post='2689206']
This has already long been wrapped up. So much actually that it has turned around with Nomnomnom attacking methrage.
[/quote]
Now he's assisting in my rebuild quite nicely with his funds thanks to that, although I was looking forward to a round 3 with NOMNOMNOM and this motivates me to fight a little more, as NOMNOMNOM is someone I have fun with. :P

[quote]To: NOMNOMNOM From: Methrage Date: 4/12/2011 12:09:11 AM

Subject: Battle Report

Message: You have been attacked by Methrage. You lost 993 soldiers and 96 tanks. You killed 477 soldiers and 3 tanks. Their forces razed 8.237 miles of your land, stole 3.434 technology, and destroyed 20.208 infrastructure. Their forces looted $617,028.85 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled. [/quote]

[quote]To: NOMNOMNOM From: Methrage Date: 4/12/2011 12:09:11 AM

Subject: Battle Report

Message: You have been attacked by Methrage. You lost 993 soldiers and 96 tanks. You killed 477 soldiers and 3 tanks. Their forces razed 8.237 miles of your land, stole 3.434 technology, and destroyed 20.208 infrastructure. Their forces looted $617,028.85 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.
[/quote]

Since he declared on me after seeing my NS drop putting me in range, I get to have a 3rd round with a fun opponent which motives me to give him a tough fight.

Round 1: Started with me declaring on him even though he had a lot more indra, ended with NOMNOMNOM having lost massive amounts of infra, as I fought other ODN nations afterward.

Round 2: After finishing another round of war with other ODN opponents, I end up declare on NOMNOMNOM again seeing that he was in range, as reactions like this thread being made are what makes it fun fighitng him.

Round 3: I didn't log in for a few days, so I ended up in anarchy with a lot of damage after several new ODN nations declared on me. After they grind my nation down for a bit as I started getting bored and not paying attention, I see NOMNOMNOM took the chance to declare on me when I was in range. I was hoping for a round 3 with NOMNOMNOM before this all ends, so I'm happy to see him willing to go for a round 3 with me.

I like to see a response to the destruction I unleash in war over apathy, so I like this thread and think he's a fun guy worth fighting. After me and NOMNOMNOM finish our 3rd round of war, I think it will be good time for peace and be thankful to the other side for giving a fun fight.

I think me and NOMNOMNOM should finish our third war, but when this war with NOMNOMNOM ends I'll consider our war over and not luanch anymore counter war declarations on your nations if you guys don't decide to keep attacking KN.

I've never wanted reps from war and always a big proponent of white peace, so I would like to have white peace with ODN and hold no grudges towards them, as I'm hoping to look back to this war as an honorable and clean fight like ODN said they wanted when declaring. I am giving white peace to MK (or offering white peace) since I haven't fought them for months, as they haven't been interested in fighting me, so either side attacking would be like a new war starting again. If NOMNOMNOM wants peace before our current round ends, I'll be willing to give it to him as well.

o/ Devestating War, followed by White Peace and mutual respect for opponents.
o/ Gaining Causalties and Valuable War Experience.
o/ Everyone I fought who were cool and fought their best without holding grudges over damage taken.

Good luck to all the ODN opponents I've hit with nukes in rebuilding after all this, most of you were fun and while you were the enemy I needed to destroy, you have some good nation rulers in your ranks and even NOMNOMNOM I've gained some respect for in this war.

I don't think there need to always be winners and losers in war, but two sides who enjoy war going at it and ending it having gained respect for opponents who fought well or gave it their best.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1302572917' post='2688991']
If you don't like members of alliances having individual opinions that's your choice. We value the opinion of all our members, whether the majority agrees with them or not. And we allow our members to voice that opinion.
That freedom is an important part of our foundation. We don't care what you think about it, and we also don't care whether you think that this freedom of speech is a "copout".
[/quote]
Hooooo, boy. Having seen logs of the way ODN Senators talk to members when they express a minority opinion on the OWF, this one really got me laughing. This is the thread that just keeps delivering.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1302724164' post='2690143']
Hooooo, boy. Having seen logs of the way ODN Senators talk to members when they express a minority opinion on the OWF, this one really got me laughing. This is the thread that just keeps delivering.
[/quote]
You should see how mad we get at Joracy for posting anywhere, anytime, about anything.

[/quote]
Feel free to forward me these supposed logs and I will bring it to the attention of the Ombudsman.

[/quote]
Other CnG alliances are no different, I heard from one member of another CnG alliance "lol you have NO idea the !@#$ i got in for wishing you good luck". I won't say who or what alliance as I respect his privacy, but just goes to show how tightly some alliances try controlling their members not to say encouraging things to those they don't consider on their side.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1302521753' post='2688510']
To be fair, that was a joint Red Dawn decision. NPO and CoJ discussed the GOONS sanction request together before deciding jointly to deny it.
[/quote]
I actually vote for CoJ senator to maintain the balance of them getting one of the seats as well, and consider CoJ an alliance I enjoy fighting on the same side as. That CoJ is also under attack from ODN is part of what encourages me to fight them to the best of my ability, as any damage done to ODN also helps CoJ, as well as 64Digits who holds a treaty with us.

These are just the wars I've been in after ODN declared on me that that the opponent hasn't deleted the record, but as you can see just from looking at the ones that still show in my history I've fought a lot of them so far.
[quote]4/13/2011 1:32:50 AM
"Retaliation for Attacks by ODN"

[Team: Red]
Libertarian Empire
Ruler: Methrage
Kerberos Nexus

[Team: Orange]
Korhal
Ruler: Kilerixa
Orange Defense Network
Currently Fighting
4/13/2011 12:19:36 AM
"A general dispute"

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

Seahawks Nation
Ruler: 12th Man
Orange Defense Network
Currently Fighting
4/13/2011 12:19:29 AM
"A general dispute"

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

Insula Maxima
Ruler: Equality 7 2521
Orange Defense Network
Currently Fighting
4/12/2011 6:15:38 AM
"A general dispute"

Wallachia
Ruler: Florin3l
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus
Currently Fighting
4/9/2011 12:16:26 AM
"One last dance :)"

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
Ruler: NOMNOMNOM
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus
Currently Fighting
4/6/2011 11:09:12 AM
"Orange you glad Im here?"
*Expired*

Seahawks Nation
Orange Defense Network

[Team: Green]
Libertarian States
Ruler: Nicholai
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
4/6/2011 12:13:20 AM
"A general dispute with ODN"
*Expired*

Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus

Insula Maxima
Ruler: Equality 7 2521
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
4/5/2011 6:58:06 PM
*Expired*

Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus

Byzantium Imperial
Ruler: squeeky3443
Orange Defense Network
Peace Declared
4/5/2011 12:17:05 AM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus

Black Lotus Empire
Ruler: Fireprincess59
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
4/5/2011 12:15:18 AM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus

Zanibar
Ruler: Unheardzero
Orange Defense Network
Peace Declared
4/4/2011 5:25:28 PM
"Ours is not to reason why"
*Expired*

Kroonstadt
Ruler: Iron Chancellor
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
4/1/2011 11:40:33 PM
"You attack small ODN nations."
*Expired*

Tansatia
Ruler: Mhi200
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
4/1/2011 8:35:13 AM
"You attack small ODN nations."
*Expired*

Andinerna
Ruler: AIKAnden
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
3/31/2011 12:23:12 AM
"Stop dem tech deals or you die"
*Expired*

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
3/29/2011 12:36:51 AM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus

LOL Merlin
Ruler: Plissken
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
3/29/2011 12:06:28 AM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

Seahawks Nation
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
3/28/2011 3:14:26 PM
*Expired*

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

Black Lotus Empire
Ruler: Fireprincess59
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
3/28/2011 3:11:50 PM
*Expired*

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

Empalstine
Ruler: Overlord Shinnra
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
3/28/2011 2:43:34 AM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

[Team: Black]
Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus

Quark
Ruler: Blmebro
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
3/28/2011 2:38:50 AM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus

Tyrontum
Ruler: Dragonmahn
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
3/27/2011 11:54:32 PM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

Korhal
Ruler: Kilerixa
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
3/27/2011 7:03:26 AM
"ODN!"
*Expired*

Terran Federation
Ruler: MattD58
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
3/20/2011 1:58:40 AM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

R Knights
Ruler: Athras
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
3/18/2011 11:32:55 PM
"ODN war"
*Expired*

Crusader
Ruler: Trask
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
3/18/2011 6:56:39 AM
"Good Times!"
*Expired*

Terran Federation
Ruler: MattD58
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
3/16/2011 3:29:27 AM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

Republic of Andrew
Ruler: Imperial King Nathan
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
3/12/2011 3:56:06 PM
"Everything Must Die?"
*Expired*

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

[Team: Aqua]
Corell
Ruler: Master Spork
Mushroom Kingdom
War Expired
3/12/2011 10:07:34 AM
"Round 2 ;)"
*Expired*

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
3/7/2011 10:55:55 AM
*Expired*

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

sh15uya
Ruler: yagami light
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
3/4/2011 11:50:29 PM
*Expired*

Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus

Genhancia
Ruler: Anacharsis
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
3/4/2011 12:21:38 AM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

HMUmad
Ruler: HMUmad
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
3/3/2011 5:29:45 PM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus

Habagat
Ruler: Aranon
Orange Defense Network
Peace Declared
3/3/2011 7:33:05 AM
"For ODN!!!"
*Expired*

Habagat
Ruler: Aranon
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
3/3/2011 1:04:04 AM
*Expired*

Libertarian States
Kerberos Nexus

Holtzopia
Ruler: Elisha
Orange Defense Network
Peace Declared
3/2/2011 11:21:04 PM
"Nuke ......... me!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
*Expired*

BurningHell
Ruler: Raxer
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
3/1/2011 1:27:10 PM
"For the ODN!"
*Expired*

Seahawks Nation
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
2/22/2011 2:09:10 AM
"You eat Liberty? For shame!"
*Expired*

Sirpa
Ruler: Condoseres
Orange Defense Network

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus
War Expired
2/20/2011 9:00:54 AM
"Retaliation for Attack by ODN"
*Expired*

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
2/20/2011 8:03:38 AM
"Retaliation for Attack by ODN"
*Expired*

Libertarian Empire
Kerberos Nexus

United Nation
Ruler: Marcos
Orange Defense Network
War Expired
2/20/2011 1:31:42 AM
"ODN deffence "
*Expired*

Mylandies
Ruler: ausghostdog
Orange Defense Network

2/19/2011 11:34:58 PM
"The Network Hungers"
*Expired*

Kroonstadt
Ruler: Iron Chancellor
Orange Defense Network[/quote]

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Hydro' timestamp='1302564552' post='2688862']
[/quote]
1. It already happened.
2. I am a sh*tposter. It's always been like that. Ask someone in ODN. Anyone.

[/quote]
Having seen logs of the way you talk to us gets me laughing.