The GM's Court

Executive Minister

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1308947628' post='2740644']
Asking for [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103021&st=0&gopid=2740642&#entry2740642"]this thread[/url] to be wiped due to blatant godmodding.
[/quote]

His claims are entirely misplaced. Please read carefully.

[quote name='ElComandante' timestamp='1308947800' post='2740646']
His claims are entirely misplaced. Please read carefully.
[/quote]

Actually, they're not. Read the first few lines of his post and look at the invites. Why would nations be considered "below the belt of superpowers" if there was not any indication of that by, say, another summit going on?

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1308948077' post='2740649']
Actually, they're not. Read the first few lines of his post and look at the invites. Why would nations be considered "below the belt of superpowers" if there was not any indication of that by, say, another summit going on?
[/quote]

"below the belt of superpowers" as in NOT superpowers. You've gone beyond reading too far into, you've completely imagined I was alluding to anything other than just non-superpowers we chose to invite.

I have to agree with Pravus Ingruo here, the wording suggests it's a counter-meeting to another meeting you could not know about.

While I will not go as far as wiping the post I would like to request it to be rephrased to a post without any reference to the other meeting.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1308949548' post='2740671']
No, I'm calling godmodding because it references a summit that he couldn't possibly know about.
[/quote]

There are 20 or 21 countries in the region; he invited 9 and you invited 6. If he had invited "every single country not invited" to your summit then he should have invited more. Not only that, but he explicitly states his reasoning: he's inviting people whom he believes are not superpowers, because of his beliefs that they are more numerous and thus are better to give a voice.

Nowhere does it mention, explicitly or implicitly, the American Treaty Organisation or the summit that he doesn't know about. If you have any [b]real[/b] evidence please show it.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1308950129' post='2740678']
There are 20 or 21 countries in the region; he invited 9 and you invited 6. If he had invited "every single country not invited" to your summit then he should have invited more. Not only that, but he explicitly states his reasoning: he's inviting people whom he believes are not superpowers, because of his beliefs that they are more numerous and thus are better to give a voice.

Nowhere does it mention, explicitly or implicitly, the American Treaty Organisation or the summit that he doesn't know about. If you have any [b]real[/b] evidence please show it.
[/quote]

Ruling has been made. GMs disagree with you.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1308950455' post='2740680']
[/quote]
"While I will not go as far as wiping the post I would like to request it to be rephrased to a post without any reference to the other meeting."

The summit can go on exactly the way it was just with some different words. However, I will ask Centurius to provide any [b]actual[/b] evidence that he referenced the ATO as well - with actual quotes or evidence, not hypothetical stuff.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1308892744' post='2740147']
You mean starting from over 1000 miles from the epicenter, basically screwing the eastern half of the measurements off because they end up in the ocean east of Japan?[/quote]

Longitudinal waves are able to pass through fluids. Likewise, when these radial waves are generated, they exert energy 360 degrees around the [i]hypocenter[/i]; the epicenter is an absolutely meaningless and absolutely arbitrary term since it is an imaginary point that sits about the epicenter. For a nuclear explosion, especially that of a 5 MT blast (assuming it was ground-burst and not air-burst), the epicenter would be the center point sitting [i]above[/i] the crater. Not trying to be picky, but my geology professor drilled that pet-peeve distinction into our feeble minds. :(

[quote]Never mind that the "volcanic chambers to aquitards/aquicludes/aquifers to oil & natural gas wells" you're mentioning almost all happen to be tens of times the size of any of the nodes for the network?[/quote]

If you think most aquicludes and aquitards are that big (of which they aren't hollow anyways), you would be wrong. Likewise, yes, oil/natural gas wells and volcanic chambers are likely to be larger. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove by restating what I had stated? By mapping out air pockets (which a bunker would essentially be), you can notice substantial deviation compared to dense liquid filled wells (like active magma chambers and wells). Naturally all air pockets would be very hard to separate, but with a big of reasoning and logical analysis, you could pinpoint long-running wells that would resemble that of normal air pockets. Never did I say that differentiating the bunker from everything else would be very very easy; detecting the bunker would, and is, very easy... it's just a matter of actually identifying it for what it really is and what it's not.

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1308946152' post='2740633']
So how do you guys plan on finding these bunkers? Just going straight for rolls seems like a cop-out.
[/quote]

RP is involved in the rolls, so it is hardly a cop out.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1308950455' post='2740680']
[/quote]
I especially like the part of your post where you told me everything has to go my way, or I'll whine about it. You're such a hypocrite.

Edited by Fizzydog

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1308936301' post='2740509']
Requesting two more spy rolls to locate bunkers at the same odds. Thank you in advance.
[/quote]

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1308945069' post='2740619']
Requesting 2 rolls on bunker finding in South Korea myself, same 50% odds as before.
[/quote]

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1308945580' post='2740628']
2 rolls for bunker finding in Korea. 50% odds.
[/quote]

9 73 90 97 36 91

iKrolm at 50% - 1 win, 1 loss
Centurius at 50% - 2 losses
Voodoo Nova at 50% - 1 win, 1 loss

Also, I agree with Sargun on this, but since Elcommandante or whatever is going to simply redo the thread, i won't oppose Cent's ruling.

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1308971545' post='2740891']
I especially like the part of your post where you told me everything has to go my way, or I'll whine about it. You're such a hypocrite.
[/quote]

Have something to say? Take it to the OOC thread or message me. Keep it out of the GM's thread where it doesn't belong.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1309012380' post='2741151']
2 bunker rolls, Kankou post a screen shot for my next rolls if you make them.
[/quote]

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1309012964' post='2741152']
2 Bunker rolls please on Kankou. 50% as before.
[/quote]

1-50: Fail
51-100: Success

64 67 7 36

Triyun: 2 Successful rolls
Voodoo: 2 Failed rolls

---

Requesting 2 more rolls myself on bunker finding, same 50% odds.

Are we continuing rolls with Kankou gone?

If so, requesting two rolls to land spec ops teams in North Korea and establish a connection to the government intranet. RP will go up with confirmation of the first question.

EDIT: Same odds, 50%

Edited by iKrolm

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1309022157' post='2741193']
Are we continuing rolls with Kankou gone?

If so, requesting two rolls to land spec ops teams in North Korea and establish a connection to the government intranet. RP will go up with confirmation of the first question.

EDIT: Same odds, 50%
[/quote]

Rolls, especially when they are on surveillance can continue, as for the op, I'd like you to discuss how it would work to obtain access to the network.

96 16

So 1 win and 1 loss.