**ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE**

BALAN

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1290466813' post='2520631']
This whole thing has blown completely out of proportion, and to be honest there is enough blame to go around on both sides. Communicating over the internet eliminates a huge part of human communication, non verbal facial expressions and hand gestures, simple black and white words are often times taken by one person the wrong way and things can spiral out of control fairly rapidly. Often times the only people we tend to react with more often than not are the ones within our AAs and we tend to view others opinions as wrong, I too am guilty of that as well as I am sure others are, we see our side as the correct and the others as wrong.

I guess the reason for my monologue is that I have forgotten some of these things. I would like to extend an apology to LE members and to Son of Taeper if I have offended any them. I will try to remeber that there are actual people on the other side, and if we take the time I am sure both OP and LE can begin to mend our broken fences and move forward.I only hope that others feel as I do and we can bury this nonsensical feud that we have, move forward and remember that this is just a game something we all do to relax. :wub:
[/quote]

Yes, I have a vision when our broken fences might be mended: somewhere around 18 of December ;)

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1290439829' post='2520318']
So you basically brought a knife to a gun fight and are now complaining that you got shot.
[/quote]

I always thought my English was OK but perhaps you are losing a bit in the translation process.
Perhaps you are just insistent on disagreement though?
I thought I made it clear that LE took a knife to a gun fight. That would be called an updec and you would be the first to complain if it was a downdec
I don't recall complaining about the outcome, just stating that that is the tactic OP uses and it is a very good tactic to my mind . I recall posting to LE boards a round or 2 back how good it was.
The thread was entitled "What went Wrong" for any LE guys interested.
Seems you can't even take praise when it's offered.

Nice dec on me btw, If you don't actually fight you are aware you are likely a Mod warning for slot filling?

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1290439829' post='2520318']
So you basically brought a knife to a gun fight and are now complaining that you got shot.
[/quote]

I always thought my English was OK but perhaps you are losing a bit in the translation process.
Perhaps you are just insistent on disagreement though?
I thought I made it clear that LE took a knife to a gun fight. That would be called an updec and you would be the first to complain if it was a downdec
I don't recall complaining about the outcome, just stating that that is the tactic OP uses and it is a very good tactic to my mind . I recall posting to LE boards a round or 2 back how good it was.
The thread was entitled "What went Wrong" for any LE guys interested.
Seems you can't even take praise when it's offered.

Nice dec on me btw, If you don't actually fight you are aware you are likely a Mod warning for slot filling?

Taeper, I am trying to extend my hand in freindship and end this petty feud. Will you not accept it? I wrote in my last post how internet communication often times is taken by one party to mean something totally different than it was intended. You are right you tried to pay us a compliment and I made a snide remark, I apologize again.

I'm wondering what effect this will have on declaration expectations.

OP/OB have won this one it seems. I think LE might have had a chance against just OP alone, despite the nuke imbalance and having significantly smaller nations. Tacking on OB to make the numbers look prettier just didn't work out very well. In a war historically, you either need to have bigger nations, or you need to have more nations and coordinate your attacks well. LE appears to have lost the former condition to OP and the latter one to OB/OP combined.

OB took a massive beating in this one, but they'd also already had a recent war to the under-rated nations of DF. Make no mistake though, they helped out in this one more than people realize. If LE had hit OP alone, they'd have caught crap for it. I don't think that's very fair to OP, who had bigger nations, more nukes and knew how to use both to the best advantages.

So I guess we'll see eh?

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1290539100' post='2521317']
I'm wondering what effect this will have on declaration expectations.

OP/OB have won this one it seems. I think LE might have had a chance against just OP alone, despite the nuke imbalance and having significantly smaller nations. Tacking on OB to make the numbers look prettier just didn't work out very well. In a war historically, you either need to have bigger nations, or you need to have more nations and coordinate your attacks well. LE appears to have lost the former condition to OP and the latter one to OB/OP combined.

OB took a massive beating in this one, but they'd also already had a recent war to the under-rated nations of DF. Make no mistake though, they helped out in this one more than people realize. If LE had hit OP alone, they'd have caught crap for it. I don't think that's very fair to OP, who had bigger nations, more nukes and knew how to use both to the best advantages.

So I guess we'll see eh?
[/quote]
No doubt it OB did a phenomenal job.

When this first started i dint think OB was gonna help much. Part of that was because LE's size advantage on OB and partly because of misconceptions i had of OB's tenacity. We knocked LE down and OB did it's part by keeping them there. Peace should be sought by all sides soon as it is clear that LE has lost.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1290537065' post='2521297']
I wrote in my last post how internet communication often times is taken by one party to mean something totally different than it was intended.[/quote]

As an example, if you "sanction misunderstandings", then one can be punishing or forgiving misunderstandings. It might even have a third meaning in Queen's English.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1290537065' post='2521297']
Taeper, I am trying to extend my hand in freindship and end this petty feud. Will you not accept it? I wrote in my last post how internet communication often times is taken by one party to mean something totally different than it was intended. You are right you tried to pay us a compliment and I made a snide remark, I apologize again.
[/quote]
No worries Paul, I thought I had already offered my hand of friendship.
LE may have stood a chance against OP alone but the OP hidden stuff was superior.
It's obviously going to impact on the outcome and is a superb tactic.
OB use different tactics so that was the nail for LE.
I'd buy you a drink in Real Life any day as I think we are sort of like minds.
It is a war game and the better side will always win.
In this case the better side was OP and OB, so much respect to both.

LE could take note of the importance of spy and war chests for sure imo,

[quote name='unruly' timestamp='1290584614' post='2521983']
As an example, if you "sanction misunderstandings", then one can be punishing or forgiving misunderstandings. It might even have a third meaning in Queen's English.
[/quote]
Queens English is tricky to explain to anyone that does not understand the basic rules. Some English people even have a problem with it :lol1:
I have always tried to appreciate the differences in nationalities of the guys I speak to in TE and tend to respond in a manner I think they would understand.

I could respond to your post in a manner of ways dependent on my perception of both you and your location, but you have used both the words "you" and "one" in your post.
From that, I would deduce you are not English, but quoting a Queens English explanation on the meaning of the word "sanction"

When one uses the word "one", it leaves a bit open, when one uses the word "you" , it takes on a more personal nature.

That would require a basic understanding of course and the moment another guy responded to your post, you have lost it if they assume you are having a dig because they read it a different way.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1290466813' post='2520631']
This whole thing has blown completely out of proportion, and to be honest there is enough blame to go around on both sides. Communicating over the internet eliminates a huge part of human communication, non verbal facial expressions and hand gestures, simple black and white words are often times taken by one person the wrong way and things can spiral out of control fairly rapidly. Often times the only people we tend to react with more often than not are the ones within our AAs and we tend to view others opinions as wrong, I too am guilty of that as well as I am sure others are, we see our side as the correct and the others as wrong.

I guess the reason for my monologue is that I have forgotten some of these things. I would like to extend an apology to LE members and to Son of Taeper if I have offended any them. I will try to remeber that there are actual people on the other side, and if we take the time I am sure both OP and LE can begin to mend our broken fences and move forward.I only hope that others feel as I do and we can bury this nonsensical feud that we have, move forward and remember that this is just a game something we all do to relax. :wub:
[/quote]

Bring it Paul.
I'd love to keep fighting OP if we can keep some of it off OWF.
My bar is always open to you if you're ever down my way.

LE have my number and email address.

11/24/2010 11:50:32 PM
"**STILL RUMBLIN**"

WARHAMMER
Ruler: BALAN
Lafayette Escadrille

NoCanDo
Ruler: RunDuckHide
Ordo Paradoxia Currently

11/25/2010 12:04:43 AM
"STILLRUMBLIN!!"

Latveria
Ruler: VictorVDoom
Lafayette Escadrille

NoCanDo
Ordo Paradoxia Currently Fighting

Nation Name: WARHAMMER
Technology: 92.13
Infrastructure: 263.00

Ruler: VictorVDoom
Nation Name: Latveria
Technology: 69.03
Infrastructure: 249.00

Nation Name: NoCanDo
Technology: 82.55
Infrastructure: 42.66

Rerolling to attack the sub 100 infra guy already in 4 wars im flattered I guess?

SoT has swapped out alliances to get OP stats up to show good intention towards OP.
He has also multied in an attempt to get a game ban (but obviously has no idea how to multi as he has not been banned) :lol1:
I don't know what else I can do guys. I never tried to hide my multi, in fact I went out of my way to get a round ban, even tried the slot fill route.
Moderation is required here I think because my only other option would be to bad mouth someone big time and that is not my style as I do need to respect our younger members.

Moderation ban please?

[quote name='Son of Taeper' timestamp='1290689777' post='2522981']
SoT has swapped out alliances to get OP stats up to show good intention towards OP.
He has also multied in an attempt to get a game ban (but obviously has no idea how to multi as he has not been banned) :lol1:
I don't know what else I can do guys. I never tried to hide my multi, in fact I went out of my way to get a round ban, even tried the slot fill route.
Moderation is required here I think because my only other option would be to bad mouth someone big time and that is not my style as I do need to respect our younger members.

Moderation ban please?
[/quote]

You know you could just delete right? Being banned in TE means your banned from these forums and from SE as well. Going out this way pretty much guarantees you won't be allowed back.

OP Last Updated: 11/25/2010 4:31:30 PM: 37 nations, 102,734ns, 2,777avg
OB Last Updated: 11/25/2010 4:33:53 PM: 34 nations, 30,403ns, 894avg

OP/B Last Updated: 11/25/2010 4:35:23 PM: 71 nations, 133,137ns, 1,875avg
LE Last Updated: 11/25/2010 4:29:46 PM: 66 nations 65,791ns, 997avg

I think the OP/B total stats are biased towards there being 12 (almost 13) OP nations atm out of range for all of LE. OP has more or less been cut in two. Together those 12 nations currently comprise approximately 63,000ns or over 60% of OP's total ns. That does make a big difference. If LE chooses to keep on fighting and rerolling, they will eventually beat down the bottom 2/3rds of OP and all of OB rather badly, at least most likely. This war might not be over quite yet lol

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1290725977' post='2523302']
OP Last Updated: 11/25/2010 4:31:30 PM: 37 nations, 102,734ns, 2,777avg
OB Last Updated: 11/25/2010 4:33:53 PM: 34 nations, 30,403ns, 894avg

OP/B Last Updated: 11/25/2010 4:35:23 PM: 71 nations, 133,137ns, 1,875avg
LE Last Updated: 11/25/2010 4:29:46 PM: 66 nations 65,791ns, 997avg

I think the OP/B total stats are biased towards there being 12 (almost 13) OP nations atm out of range for all of LE. OP has more or less been cut in two. Together those 12 nations currently comprise approximately 63,000ns or over 60% of OP's total ns. That does make a big difference. If LE chooses to keep on fighting and rerolling, they will eventually beat down the bottom 2/3rds of OP and all of OB rather badly, at least most likely. This war might not be over quite yet lol
[/quote]
Sorry but when a 70 man alliance gets beaten out of range of a 3rd of another alliance you already lost continuing to fight especially in a war you declared only shows off ones lack of character.

SoT if you have no nation in TE you should be banned on the forums for no matching nation.

Edited by spearo

[quote name='spearo' timestamp='1290780922' post='2523801']
Sorry but when a 70 man alliance gets beaten out of range of a 3rd of another alliance you already lost continuing to fight especially in a war you declared only shows off ones lack of character.

SoT if you have no nation in TE you should be banned on the forums for no matching nation.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/assets/library/426-braveheart--125664909309859000.jpg[/img]

[size="5"][font="Impact"][b]**I DONT KNOW KARATE BUT I DO KNOW CRAZY**[/b][/font][/size]

[quote name='BALAN' timestamp='1290785273' post='2523815']
[img]http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/assets/library/426-braveheart--125664909309859000.jpg[/img]

[size="5"][font="Impact"][b]**I DONT KNOW KARATE BUT I DO KNOW CRAZY**[/b][/font][/size]
[/quote]
Nation Created: 11/23/2010 3:39:56 PM (3 days old)
Government Type: Anarchy
Infrastructure: 131.27

Its pretty obvious you don't know karate Balan.

Edited by spearo

[quote name='spearo' timestamp='1290812760' post='2524134']
Government Type: Anarchy
Infrastructure: 131.27

Its pretty obvious you don't know karate Balan.
[/quote]
LOL or how to plan a successful war.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1290819161' post='2524226']
LOL or how to plan a successful war.
[/quote]
[img]http://military-power.net/images/Motivation/turtling.jpg[/img]

Notes for BALAN's next war effort.

Edited by spearo

[quote name='spearo' timestamp='1290822753' post='2524257']
[img]http://military-power.net/images/Motivation/turtling.jpg[/img]

Notes for BALAN's next war effort.
[/quote]

Now that is not really fair. BALAN did not really turtle. He fought until he was down to low double digit infra and then re-rolled.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1290827794' post='2524323']
Now that is not really fair. BALAN did not really turtle. He fought until he was down to low double digit infra and then re-rolled.
[/quote]
Well he rerolled and now he is turtling so whats it matter! LE still has many upside down tanks and a fail war strategy.