An Ordo Paradoxia Announcement

the wompus

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1284654910' post='2455828']
[img]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac262/thomasj_tx/DFvsOP.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Oh man, that's still pretty bad. Almost 2x in avg nation strength?
That's just a free curbstomp/tech raid. It's pretty obvious.

Looking over OP's nations I was very impressed tho. They have one nation who's 25 days inactive, and once that one's gone deleted, every one of their nations will have over 2000ns. 25 of 34 over 3000ns so early, by far the highest average ns in TE. Very, very, impressive top-to-bottom consistency across the entire alliance, to be envied by those of us still recruiting from the unaligned lol.

First of all, yes this is an unfair war. However, due to the past 3 rounds of OP LE carnage it was kind of mutually agreed that for at least the start of this round OP and LE would not be going for each others necks. Given that information there were not a lot of other targets available for war. Perhaps OP could have declared on 2 targets like Duckroll did, but I know for a fact that they prefer to keep wars to 1 on 1s.

And OP were never going to declare on Duckroll, or vice versa, so no need to bring that possibility up.

Does that shed any light on this issue?

PS, bcortell, you can stop arguing for the sake of it :P Also, whats the point of having nukes if you cant push the shiny red button?

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1284734607' post='2456605']
First of all, yes this is an unfair war. However, due to the past 3 rounds of OP LE carnage it was kind of mutually agreed that for at least the start of this round OP and LE would not be going for each others necks. Given that information there were not a lot of other targets available for war. Perhaps OP could have declared on 2 targets like Duckroll did, but I know for a fact that they prefer to keep wars to 1 on 1s.

And OP were never going to declare on Duckroll, or vice versa, so no need to bring that possibility up.

Does that shed any light on this issue?

PS, bcortell, you can stop arguing for the sake of it :P Also, whats the point of having nukes if you cant push the shiny red button?
[/quote]
I will continue to argue just for the sake of it. B-)

I like to argue :)

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1284734607' post='2456605']

And OP were never going to declare on Duckroll, or vice versa, so no need to bring that possibility up.[/quote]
This is OP's first war of the session and you've already ruled out two potential OP targets there. So basically, OP waited until every other possible target that would have been fair game for them (under their self-imposed rules) was at war - THEN they declared war against an alliance they were overwhelmingly stronger than? OP couldn't have declared 1 week ago, or two weeks ago, like many others did? OP waited this long, but couldn't have declared a few days from now, when one of their "acceptable" targets would have been open?

I don't think any of what you've said explains going for the curbstomp against an alliance with half their average nation strength. Much less using nukes on them when that alliance was never remotely close to ever having nukes of their own. How the hell could one of their nuclear nations have been in so much trouble they had to use a nuke? Against a nation that by then was much less than 50% of it's own size?

I mean, for comparison, look at the OB-Hate Bus war. OB is going to win that one - at the alliance level, just not at the top tear - convincingly. They had a pretty good reason for declaring too: Some upper tier Hate Bus nations were using them as tech farms. That would upset any other alliance too, including yours or mine. If OP were doing that - if DF had been using OP for tech raids, - they'd be doing the appropriate thing. But trying to portray this situation as anything other than a alliance-wide tech raid - using the occasional nuke just for giggles - just won't fly very far.

That's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it until proven otherwise.

BTW: The Duckroll war was a down-declare too - but nowhere near as bad as this one :P

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1284741102' post='2456649']
Clash, this is our second war of the round. And Stevie is not a member of OP and therefore does not speak for the OP nor does he know of our interactions or target selection process.
[/quote]
You are correct on the first count, fully my bad. In the second one, I barely thought to correct all the "you" and "yours" with "OP". I added the last part about Duckroll's current war to re-emphasis. I still might have missed one or two. DOH.

...but STILL!
The gist is correct.

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1284740561' post='2456644']
I like to argue :)

This is OP's first war of the session and you've already ruled out two potential OP targets there.[/quote]
Thomas already clarified

[quote]
So basically, OP waited until every other possible target that would have been fair game for them (under their self-imposed rules) was at war - THEN they declared war against an alliance they were overwhelmingly stronger than? OP couldn't have declared 1 week ago, or two weeks ago, like many others did? OP waited this long, but couldn't have declared a few days from now, when one of their "acceptable" targets would have been open? [/quote]

I dont know why you assume this. The SF war is pretty much late from round 1 of wars, and then PS jumped into that one. Do you expect OP to go up against LE one on one? Even with their average NS it would be virtual suicide due to LEs strength this round. I dont pay too much attention, just glance over the AA page, but there really wasn't a single better target for them was there? [b]Edit: Maybe tW?[/b]

[quote]
I don't think any of what you've said explains going for the curbstomp against an alliance with half their average nation strength. Much less using nukes on them when that alliance was never remotely close to ever having nukes of their own. How the hell could one of their nuclear nations have been in so much trouble they had to use a nuke? Against a nation that by then was much less than 50% of it's own size?
[/quote]

Its just a bit of war practice then until the main course I guess.

[quote]
I mean, for comparison, look at the OB-Hate Bus war. OB is going to win that one - at the alliance level, just not at the top tear - convincingly. They had a pretty good reason for declaring too: Some upper tier Hate Bus nations were using them as tech farms. That would upset any other alliance too, including yours or mine. If OP were doing that - if DF had been using OP for tech raids, - they'd be doing the appropriate thing. But trying to portray this situation as anything other than a alliance-wide tech raid - using the occasional nuke just for giggles - just won't fly very far.

That's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it until proven otherwise.
[/quote]

Its very rare that there are legitimate reasons to go to war in TE
[quote]
BTW: The Duckroll war was a down-declare too - but nowhere near as bad as this one :P
[/quote]

Here are the pre Declaration numbers if you care for facts

Duckroll 136000 NS. Ave NS about 2600. Nukes about 30. 52 Nations
Aztec and BW 132000 NS. Ave NS about 2900. Nukes about 15. 43 to 45 Nations (Granted the top Aztec was a ghost)

Thats almost as fair as you get. What tipped it in our favour was our blitz on nations with a few thousand soldiers and no tanks sitting in defcon 5. Add to that quite a bit of inactivity around update which allowed us to spy away nukes and beat down/nuke down nations out of nuke range.

Edited by StevieG

[quote name='scytale' timestamp='1284729922' post='2456577']
Wow. A nuke. Was that necessary?
[/quote]
We have sent out a message to all OP ers not to use nukes, unfortunately Bones shot before he read the message. No more nukes will be fired. On behalf of OP I do apologize.

[quote name='Son of Taeper' timestamp='1284748421' post='2456713']
Read his sig before you decide it's worth it.
[/quote]
This?
"Ok.
I've given this a little thought and decided to agree with everything you say and everything you have ever said (including any posts of yours that I have never read). I also agree with any posts you make in the future (even those that I don't read). "

Maybe I'm missing something..

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1284770027' post='2456896']
This?
"Ok.
I've given this a little thought and decided to agree with everything you say and everything you have ever said (including any posts of yours that I have never read). I also agree with any posts you make in the future (even those that I don't read). "

[/quote]
Agreed :)

Is it really necessary too attack a nation with no CM's, no air force, no military at all, and less than 100 infra, 11...eleven times. COME ON!!!!
If this was just a tech raid, it should have stopped and an offer of peace should have been sent when I had no military left. Do you guys get that much pleasure kicking a dog while it is asleep? If so i feel sorry for any pets that y'all may own.

TE says you can attack someone half your size and you are just using that advantage. I can't expect other alliances to live by the restrictions we place on our own alliance. Fire away Ordo and no hard feelings. It seems all I can do is turtle and fire cm's at you to keep it from being profitable before I reroll so tough luck for me. You win some and you lose some.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1284770027' post='2456896']
This?
"Ok.
I've given this a little thought and decided to agree with everything ye say and everything ye have ever said (including any posts of yours that I have never read). I also agree with any posts ye make in the future (even those that I don't read). "

[/quote]
Perhaps :P

StevieG and Paul get it though :D
The sig was a post I made a round or two back and Stevie chose to use it in his sig.
A little lost on anyone that never followed that thread though.
Nice to have me quote in another guys sig but yer right, it does not make much sense if ye can't see who made the quote in the first place.

**StevieG, full credits please or I'll need to explain this for as long as ye use it**
(sure wish we had copyright royalties in-game)

Edit - too much typos that should not be occurring in me posts. Spooky that Stevie had a similar problem in another thread a day or two back. I have o and u being replaced by e for some reason.??

Edit2- y be coming out strange also ???

Edit 3 - Be was written as be

Edit 4 - Be was written as A for fleet and S for shrimp

Final edit on this computer - A for alpha

fleet = lots of nations fighting together under the same Jolly Roger ie LE

***Board error***
Should have read F L A G

***Edit- no board error, Talk like a pirate Day***

Nice coding guys, very nice indeed, and such a good idearrrrr!

Edited by Son of Taeper

[quote name='kingof theland' timestamp='1284806915' post='2457155']
Is it really necessary too attack a nation with no CM's, no air force, no military at all, and less than 100 infra, 11...eleven times. COME ON!!!!
If this was just a tech raid, it should have stopped and an offer of peace should have been sent when I had no military left. Do you guys get that much pleasure kicking a dog while it is asleep? If so i feel sorry for any pets that y'all may own.
[/quote]

We initially only did GA attacks on you and you countered with CM and AF. So yeah, when you hit back you got the full meal deal.
You had an AF, but we killed it. You bought CMs and used them. You had soldiers, but dismissed them. You had a lot more infra, but sold it.

Note that there have been no attacks the last two days since you ceased any return attacks the day prior and went turtle-mode. You could have sent a peace offer or even a PM at any time to request peace.

Lastly, you should delete past wars on your war screen if you are going to throw out the victim card and have such a whiny nation bio. Carlitos9595 of Republic of Burrito was 1448 NS to your 2932 NS on 9/14 when you attacked him. I'm sure he appreciated being attacked by a larger nation about as much as you did. He probably didn't counter you with AF or CM, but I can't imagine you would have rushed to grant him peace had he done so.

[quote name='TBRaiders' timestamp='1285016545' post='2459172']
We initially only did GA attacks on you and you countered with CM and AF. So yeah, when you hit back you got the full meal deal.
You had an AF, but we killed it. You bought CMs and used them. You had soldiers, but dismissed them. You had a lot more infra, but sold it.

Note that there have been no attacks the last two days since you ceased any return attacks the day prior and went turtle-mode. You could have sent a peace offer or even a PM at any time to request peace.

Lastly, you should delete past wars on your war screen if you are going to throw out the victim card and have such a whiny nation bio. Carlitos9595 of Republic of Burrito was 1448 NS to your 2932 NS on 9/14 when you attacked him. I'm sure he appreciated being attacked by a larger nation about as much as you did. He probably didn't counter you with AF or CM, but I can't imagine you would have rushed to grant him peace had he done so.
[/quote]

After reading this i couldn't help but to check my TE nation and what did i find, two more defeat Alerts... from you, after you had posted here. as for you only using GA initially the first message in my PM's after the declaration was a system message about you using your CM's and then AF against my nation then a GA battle report. so that means you are trying to make yourself look good by lying outright on here.

As for selling off infra, that i did do then i was attacked those 11 times by you and the other person. and you used your AF and CM's against me the day after i posted that here. and for the last 3 days you GA me once every day.

As for Carlitos9595, I never attacked him and he has yet read any of the messages sent to him.

I really don't want to go down to your level, but you are full of it. Doesn't matter to me what anyone thinks, but you and I both know what really happened. First and only attacks on your nation were GA's by me before you sent CMs and a failed air attack. You also sent CM's on day two. I didn't quit sending cm's and air until after my attacks on day three when you quit doing cms. Honestly, it didn't matter much at that point because you had sold your infra down to 50 and destroyed all your improvements.

AND you expect anyone to belive that you declared on Carlitos9595 with a dec of tech raid, pm for peace, he was in anarchy, and you never meant his nation any harm? lol, okay I will carry on.