The Truth Behind the Scenes at \m/.

Swanfield

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1283030202' post='2434136']
It was before. Those members left because the vote did not get the required 75% of the member wide vote to remove Marx from tri.

The vote was open for all members. I personally messaged every \m/ member about it when we started the vote, and the vote lasted for the 2 days as prescribed by our charter.

To be clear, these members stated that if this vote did not get the result of Marx's impeachment, that they would leave our alliance. The vote did not go their way, so they left.

Edit: These members left as a result of the vote, and thus voted in, and left after, the vote was done. I hope this clarifies the situation somewhat.
[/quote]

i never threatened to leave if marx was not removed. i had asked him to do what was
best for the alliance and step down. i did say that \m/ would self destruct had we not
done something to build structure with in. oh look nothing done and m blew up.

and throwing goby,lez and the others under the bus, and backin down from sta after marx slams the gavel on our heads was an out[r]age..

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Riddick' timestamp='1283037237' post='2434280']
i never threatened to leave if marx was not removed. i had asked him to do what was
best for the alliance and step down. i did say that \m/ would self destruct had we not
done something to build structure with in. oh look nothing done and m blew up.

and throwing goby,lez and the others under the bus, and backin down from sta after marx slams the gavel on our heads was an out[r]age..
[/quote]
I don't want to name drop here, but several rage co members flat out told me they would leave if Marx was not removed from tri. I left it up to the membership to vote on it, as per our charter.

You left because Marx was still tri. He did not step down, the vote to impeach him succeeded however the vote to remove him from tri failed. You are no longer in our alliance, and left after the vote. Therefor you left as as result of the outcome of the vote.

Other former Rage co made it publicly clear they would leave if Marx was not removed from tri, either by his own accord or through the alliance wide vote. Marx was not removed as he did not step down and the vote did not gather even a majority vote, and fell short of the required 75% vote needed to forcibly remove him. Looking at the current \m/ roster, these same people are no longer with us. I fail to see how what you said disproves the fact that you and yours said you would leave if Marx was not removed, and when he was not removed you left.

Lez has since been given an honorary member mask, and has received an honorable discharge, and would be welcome should he decide he wants to come back.

We have made mistakes in the past week, and we will do our best to right the situation.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1283059320' post='2434511']
We have made mistakes in the past week, and we will do our best to right the situation.
[/quote]

This is about the only worthwhile statement to emerge from this fiasco. Cheers on your positive attitude. And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

[quote name='Ferrozoica Hive' timestamp='1283062640' post='2434544']
This is about the only worthwhile statement to emerge from this fiasco. Cheers on your positive attitude. And no, I'm not being sarcastic.
[/quote]

Caliph sure has a way with words doesnt he..

[quote name='Riddick' timestamp='1283190193' post='2435906']
Caliph sure has a way with words doesnt he..
[/quote]

As I previously noted, his words are the only positive thing to come of this. While I understand the desire behind Swanfield's original posting as well as the feelings of Rage Co. in this situation, the problem is that this has all devolved into one giant mess for all parties concerned (I was once in his position and did the same thing, for reference). The best thing to do now is to simply walk away and be done with it all.

Im not really a fan of \m/ but Im even less of a fan of people throwing their former alliances under the bus in the OWF. This is something that should be handled in private. No matter what you say about your previous alliance its not going to change anyones view of how they look at the affaected alliance. Good luck \m/

[quote name='justavictim82' timestamp='1283217833' post='2436404']
Im not really a fan of \m/ but Im even less of a fan of people throwing their former alliances under the bus in the OWF. This is something that should be handled in private. No matter what you say about your previous alliance its not going to change anyones view of how they look at the affaected alliance. Good luck \m/
[/quote]

Sorry to disagree, but it's that very mentality that has \m/ in the spotlight.

Pause and think about what you are saying. You dislike \m/ but you dislike former \m/embers who criticise \m/ more? And this leads you to wish luck to an alliance of which you admit you are not a fan?!?

Maybe what you really are saying is, oh noes, I don't want anyone doing that to [b][i]my[/i][/b] alliance?

Edited by Bavaricar

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283218360' post='2436410']
Sorry to disagree, but it's that very mentality that has \m/ in the spotlight.

Pause and think about what you are saying. You dislike \m/ but you dislike former \m/embers who criticise \m/ more? And this leads you to wish luck to an alliance of which you admit you are not a fan?!?

Maybe what you really are saying is, oh noes, I don't want anyone doing that to [b][i]my[/i][/b] alliance?
[/quote]

I did think about what im saying and it has been done to my alliance. I dont think you are as versed on the Legion's history. And at what point did I say I hate \m/ or former \m/ members? You are putting words in my mouth. The words I used were 'im not a fan'. Heck "im not a fan" could be anything from neutral(im not a fan because i do not know them well.) to outright hatred (I hate the tech thieving !@#$%^&* and I hope they all die). Considering how well you know me.... which is it? Im gonna give you a hint......................... Its neutral.

Now back to the real reason i posted. Im not a fan of anyone trying to get a boo hoo look at what this horrible alliance did to me because I was too afraid to suck it up and be a man/woman.

[quote name='justavictim82' timestamp='1283218949' post='2436424']
I did think about what im saying and it has been done to my alliance. I dont think you are as versed on the Legion's history. And at what point did I say I hate \m/ or former \m/ members? You are putting words in my mouth. The words I used were 'im not a fan'. Heck "im not a fan" could be anything from neutral(im not a fan because i do not know them well.) to outright hatred (I hate the tech thieving !@#$%^&* and I hope they all die). Considering how well you know me.... which is it? Im gonna give you a hint......................... Its neutral.

Now back to the real reason i posted. Im not a fan of anyone trying to get a boo hoo look at what this horrible alliance did to me because I was too afraid to suck it up and be a man/woman.
[/quote]

Ah, I had to remind myself of your location in today's treaty web. I suppose I can understand your going from "not a fan" to "neutral." No sense saying what you really think and endangering your alliance, right? Understood.

As for your alliance, I may not be as versed as you are on your alliance history, but I know enough to say this kind of "private channels ftw" thinking also almost destroyed your home a few years back. For what it's worth, I strongly believe that "private channels ftw" far outpaces war as the leading cause of alliance death.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283220012' post='2436449']
Ah, I had to remind myself of your location in today's treaty web. I suppose I can understand your going from "not a fan" to "neutral." No sense saying what you really think and endangering your alliance, right? Understood.

As for your alliance, I may not be as versed as you are on your alliance history, but I know enough to say this kind of "private channels ftw" thinking also almost destroyed your home a few years back. For what it's worth, I strongly believe that "private channels ftw" far outpaces war as the leading cause of alliance death.
[/quote]

Glad to know about you concern about my side of the web. I think you need to work on how you can interpret my posts. Aren't you mister mind reader? Show me exactly where i was hostile towards them? In no form does Legion have direct ties with \m/ and as a member of the Legion, we have no offical stance on \m/, we have no beef with them and as far as I am aware of they have no beef with us. In what light are we hostile towards them? In fact I have never even talked to an \m/ member. I dont understand how you got 'private channels FTW' and any open hostility towards them in any shape or form when i posted 'good luck \m/' I really think you need to go back and read my original post and think again. In any case good luck in the future. I hope this means Bavaricar will start a coalition to roll Legion. Pretty Please :D

[quote name='justavictim82' timestamp='1283221595' post='2436476']
Glad to know about you concern about my side of the web. I think you need to work on how you can interpret my posts. Aren't you mister mind reader? Show me exactly where i was hostile towards them? In no form does Legion have direct ties with \m/ and as a member of the Legion, we have no offical stance on \m/, we have no beef with them and as far as I am aware of they have no beef with us. In what light are we hostile towards them? In fact I have never even talked to an \m/ member. I dont understand how you got 'private channels FTW' and any open hostility towards them in any shape or form when i posted 'good luck \m/' I really think you need to go back and read my original post and think again. In any case good luck in the future. I hope this means Bavaricar will start a coalition to roll Legion. Pretty Please :D
[/quote]

:facepalm: Um, what? You came in here cutting people who rage on their former alliances in public and how that disturbs you. I challenged your statement to that effect, cherry picked your "not a fan" remark, apparently much to your dissatisfaction, and addressed [b]your[/b] charge of my ignorance of the history of the Legion, particularly as I think it relates to this \m/ chicanery. How you got that I want to attack your alliance now I can't quite fathom. Now, while I acknowledge I often have a bad habit of being an overly abrasive public speaker, and I am not a fan of your grasp of this discussion, good luck to you, too. :)

Edited by Bavaricar

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283222464' post='2436489']
:facepalm: Um, what? You came in here cutting people who rage on their former alliances in public and how that disturbs you. I challenged your statement to that effect, cherry picked your "not a fan" remark, apparently much to your dissatisfaction, and addressed [b]your[/b] charge of my ignorance of the history of the Legion, particularly as I think it relates to this \m/ chicanery. How you got that I want to attack your alliance now I can't quite fathom. Now, while I acknowledge I often have a bad habit of being an overly abrasive public speaker, and I am not a fan of your grasp of this discussion, good luck to you, too. :)
[/quote]

I come here to rage on people that have no real reason to bring their drama into the OWF other than to have their 15 minutes of fame and bring nothing else into fruition or any other change of thinking or policy. Does this requite the alliance to be on my side of the web to be applicable? No. Does it matter that it is \m/, Legion or anyone else? Also No. I was saying 'roll my alliance' in humor because you act like you are the newly appointed 'speaker of the SuperGrievances side of the web' so therefore you dictate what I can and cannot say. I hopefully havent offended my new overlord.

*Checks war screens*

[quote name='justavictim82' timestamp='1283226550' post='2436564']
I come here to rage on people that have no real reason to bring their drama into the OWF other than to have their 15 minutes of fame and bring nothing else into fruition or any other change of thinking or policy. Does this requite the alliance to be on my side of the web to be applicable? No. Does it matter that it is \m/, Legion or anyone else? Also No. I was saying 'roll my alliance' in humor because you act like you are the newly appointed 'speaker of the SuperGrievances side of the web' so therefore you dictate what I can and cannot say. I hopefully havent offended my new overlord.

*Checks war screens*
[/quote]

Yes, you really might want to check my warscreen before you decide I am any kind of a spokesman for Supercomplaints. :blink: Seriously, that hurts my feelings. :'(

I am a rogue. I laugh at those who think I or anyone else lives for 15 minutes of fame. Being a rogue gives me the freedom of disagreeing with people without concern for where their alliance might be positioned in the treaty web. ;) Unfortunately it also means I am frequently misunderstood since too many people assume that if I disagree with something they say it means I disagree with their alliance.

I don't pretend to be an expert on these matters but if the citizens of \m/ truly hated Mr. Marx he wouldn't be their leader anymore. If what you say is true I doubt any amount of sweeping under the rug with daggers in a snazy cloak would help him. No, I'm afraid you come out of this in a particularly bad light. If your former alliance is in such a dire state of affairs and you really care as much as you say you do why did you abandon them?

Why does everyone assume that people who leave and moan about an alliance, did not try to fix it before leaving?

I'm not saying that that is the case here, but every time a thread such as this appears, at least one person will say "you should have stayed to fix it."

[quote name='Lord Rune' timestamp='1283370911' post='2438434']
Why does everyone assume that people who leave and moan about an alliance, did not try to fix it before leaving?

I'm not saying that that is the case here, but every time a thread such as this appears, at least one person will say "you should have stayed to fix it."
[/quote]
Maybe, but who truly wants to stay on a sinking ship?

[quote name='Lord Rune' timestamp='1283370911' post='2438434']

[/quote]

The vast majority of the people who worked hard to fix the problems of \m/ remain in \m/. And those who do not are not on here heaping scorn upon them. As much as I dislike STA, Tyga's Law is more or less spot on.

[quote name='LadyDakota' timestamp='1283371255' post='2438439']
Maybe, but who truly wants to stay on a sinking ship?
[/quote]

In the 'verse, suicidal dedication / a thick-headed attitude is often misconstrued as loyalty. However, there's a difference between quietly heading for the proverbial lifeboat and jumping into the water screaming your head off.

[quote name='Ferrozoica Hive' timestamp='1283389663' post='2438701']
In the 'verse, suicidal dedication / a thick-headed attitude is often misconstrued as loyalty. However, there's a difference between quietly heading for the proverbial lifeboat and jumping into the water screaming your head off.
[/quote]
That's true, but some players feel the need for theatrics. Personally, I feel if the nails would have stayed in \m/'s coffin where they belong we wouldn't be seeing a thread such as this.(I don't say this to directly hate on \m/, but lets face it... \m/ will never be as glorious as it was before resurrection.) So as Starfox stated, this is stupid.