I have a confession to make

Krunk the Great

[size="2"]I have a confession to make.[/size]

[size="2"]I hide behind the protection of an AA.[/size]

[size="2"]There, I said it, I hide behind the protection of an AA. The stronger the AA the better. I love nothing more than to hide my infra behind an AA. The thought of going unaligned scares me to death, seriously.[/size]

[size="2"]When I remade my second nation, I received many recruitment messages. I didn't pay attention to them. I didn't read the bits where they promised protection from tech raids. I just looked at alliance stats. I wanted to join the strongest alliance out there. [/size]

[size="2"]Forget community, forget the benefits of protection, I joined NSO because they were bigger than LoSS and had bigger allies at the time and I could hide behind them much better.[/size]

[size="2"]I know that not one of you are in your alliance for its community, or because they can afford to protect you. No, you are in your respective alliances because you all hide from tech raiders together under the same name.[/size]

[size="2"]This is a time of healing, to come clean with your cowardice. Its OK to hide behind your AA. After all, that's the point of an alliance isn't it? To hide?[/size]

[size="2"]Everyone who is currently under the protection of an AA, please say so and come clean with your addiction so that the healing process may begin.[/size]

EDIT: Stupid word processor....

Edited by Krunk the Great

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1280501874' post='2395018']
Its ok, Im here for you too.
[/quote]

Thank you. Maybe we could help eachother? You seem to have a similar problem.

[quote name='NationReaper' timestamp='1280502285' post='2395027']
I also have a confession to make...I am an alliance hopper..I cannot stay in an alliance longer than 6 months at a time without leaving...I even go back to the same alliances.

Please Dr.Phil..help me
[/quote]

Its ok, No one is expected to stay in an alliance since community isn't a reason you join. You must hop when the other alliance is stronger and a bigger target to hide behind.

Edited by Krunk the Great

[quote name='NationReaper' timestamp='1280502497' post='2395035']
I am too scared to join huge alliances..it always seems number one gets rolled every few months..I fixed this problem by making a tiny alliance protected by a bigger alliance..all the protection..none of the commitment!
[/quote]

This is a perfectly acceptable alternative.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1280501495' post='2395008']
[size="2"]I know that not one of you are in your alliance for its community, or because they can afford to protect you. No, you are in your respective alliances because you all hide from tech raiders together under the same name.[/size][/quote]

Now clearly (and this is unfortunate) the non-aligned in CN don't have any chance whatsoever anymore. But to say no one is in their alliance for the community is rather foolish since there are so many viable alliances to choose from. I've had the unfortunate task of merging alliances and the first thing I looked at was community. Not treaties or "sides." Not power. Because this game is a very long term game that tends not to be very exciting. It is community that makes it worthwhile. It trumps the random bits of infra one can buy back quickly enough after a war anyway.

Of course to say you looked for the most powerful alliance is ridiculous because there are a number of alliances more powerful or loaded with stats than the NSO. That is not to say the NSO is a bad alliance or weak. It isn't. It's a pretty good choice. And you must've seen something in their style, the way they operated, and yes their community that attracted you to it.