Application to Enter Cup of Nations III

Michael McBride

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KingChris' date='18 July 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1279485752' post='2377746']
OOC: If we don't have 32 teams by the deadline, will you add teams or will some teams be eliminated?
[/quote]

OOC: I'll work something out to where the top eight teams are automatically in and then every other team will be given a random number using a random number generator. The 16 teams with the lowest numbers will be a part of a play-in tournament. So, for instance, if we had 26 teams apply, the top 8 ranked teams in the world who were entered would get automatic passes into the tournament. The other 18 teams would each be given a random number, and the two teams with the highest numbers will also get exemptions into the tournament. I am still working on the format for the 16 team play-in tournament.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='18 July 2010 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1279485930' post='2377751']
OoC: I plan on making a nation and team but I'm wiating for something. Could you push the deadline back just a little bit?
[/quote]

OOC: How much longer are we talking about? I really don't want to wait too much longer or people will begin losing interest.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='18 July 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1279488662' post='2377795']
OOC: I'll work something out to where the top eight teams are automatically in and then every other team will be given a random number using a random number generator. The 16 teams with the lowest numbers will be a part of a play-in tournament. So, for instance, if we had 26 teams apply, the top 8 ranked teams in the world who were entered would get automatic passes into the tournament. The other 18 teams would each be given a random number, and the two teams with the highest numbers will also get exemptions into the tournament. I am still working on the format for the 16 team play-in tournament.
[/quote]

OOC: You mean we're going directly into the knockout phase? I kind of expected groups of 4 with the best 2 advancing, and since we'd be on 28 once Fizzy sends a team in that could easily be 7 groups of 4 and the remaining two would go to the two teams ranked 3rd with the best points and goal average.

[quote name='Amyante' date='18 July 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1279489452' post='2377805']
OOC: You mean we're going directly into the knockout phase? I kind of expected groups of 4 with the best 2 advancing, and since we'd be on 28 once Fizzy sends a team in that could easily be 7 groups of 4 and the remaining two would go to the two teams ranked 3rd with the best points and goal average.
[/quote]

OOC: Not what I said at all. Working with FIFA '10, I have to work with the limitations of the game's simulation abilities themselves. If we do not get 32 teams entered, then the actual Cup of Nations III will be a tournament for 16 teams. However, since simply eliminating what currently stands at 11 teams if we don't get an extra 5 (we currently sit at 27), instead I will hold a 16 team tournament to see who gets INTO the actual 16 team tournament. Those who qualify out of the first tournament (which currently would be those who finish top 5 in that tournament) would advance to the actual Cup of Nations III, where there will be a group stage and then a knockout stage. I cannot run a 28 team tournament with FIFA '10, I can only do 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 team tournaments. I hope that clears things up.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='18 July 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1279489742' post='2377812']
OOC: Not what I said at all. Working with FIFA '10, I have to work with the limitations of the game's simulation abilities themselves. If we do not get 32 teams entered, then the actual Cup of Nations III will be a tournament for 16 teams. However, since simply eliminating what currently stands at 11 teams if we don't get an extra 5 (we currently sit at 27), instead I will hold a 16 team tournament to see who gets INTO the actual 16 team tournament. Those who qualify out of the first tournament (which currently would be those who finish top 5 in that tournament) would advance to the actual Cup of Nations III, where there will be a group stage and then a knockout stage. I cannot run a 28 team tournament with FIFA '10, I can only do 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 team tournaments. I hope that clears things up.
[/quote]

Ah k, i didn't know how FIFA '10 handled things. I assume that filling out the missing slots with no-name clubs a cripple would win against isn't an option either?

[quote name='Amyante' date='18 July 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1279491420' post='2377841']
Ah k, i didn't know how FIFA '10 handled things. I assume that filling out the missing slots with no-name clubs a cripple would win against isn't an option either?
[/quote]

OOC: Considering teams with no international experience are those "cripple clubs" you are talking about, it could hurt them as well yes. I've seen a one star team beat a 4.5 star team in a sim. It doesn't happen often, but it can certainly happen. So no, providing filler teams is not an option.

[quote name='Amyante' date='18 July 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1279491420' post='2377841']
[/quote]

OOC: That would mean that whoever plays those four is lucky enough to get an automatic win, so they have an advantage that some teams don't have.

[quote=Zoot Zoot]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]OOC what about two 16 team tournaments and the final eight from both go through to the last leg?[/quote][/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]
[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]OOC: That would require 32 teams.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='18 July 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1279493097' post='2377875']
OOC: That would mean that whoever plays those four is lucky enough to get an automatic win, so they have an advantage that some teams don't have.

[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]
[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]OOC: That would require 32 teams.[/size][/color]
[/quote]

OOC,
You misunderstood what i meant.
however, it just occured to me it wouldnt work anyway

OOC: If we don't get 32 teams there will be two 16 team tournaments. I will explain one. last. time.

If we do not get 32 teams, the top eight teams in the world (Transvaal, York, Denmark, Tahoe, Athenian Federation, France, Cochin, VDL) will get automatic passes into the actual Cup of Nations III. The other 19 teams who have signed up (Isara Alliance, Madurastan, Marscurian Pakistan, Zargathia, Revelstone, China, North Pacific Commonwealth, USA, Las Malvinas, Alaskan Union, Vietnam, Arctica, Louisiana, Myanmar, Slavorussia, Greater Japanese Empire, Puerto Rico, and Romanov Federation) will each be assigned a random number through a random number generator. They will go through the generator in the order they signed up (Isara would go first, Madurastan second, etc.). The three teams with the highest numbers would be given automatic exemptions into the actual Cup of Nations III, which now brings us to 11 teams automatically in the next official Cup of Nations (top 8 teams in the world + three automatic qualifiers).

The other 16 remaining teams will be placed into a 16 team tournament. They will be divided into four groups of four teams each, and play each team in their group once. The top two teams from each group advance to the knockout stage and the final eight. All the teams that win the first round of the knockout stage automatically advance to the actual Cup of Nations III, as they are now guaranteed a top 5 finish in the play-in tournament. For the four teams that lost, they will be placed in a four team mini-tournament and will play each other one time each. Whoever finishes on top of this mini-tournament/extra group stage will advance as the final qualifier to the Cup of Nations III.

Now, are there any other final questions, or can you all start recruiting people who haven't signed up yet so we can just get 32 teams and not have to worry about all this !@#$%^&*?

[b]Nation Name:[/b]Minilla Island
[b]National Team Name:[/b] Minilla Island National Team aka "Island Warriors"
[b]Continent:[/b] Oceania
[b]Formation:[/b] 3-1-3-1-2
[b]Playing Style:[/b] Normal/Couter-Attack
[b]Aggression:[/b] Normal

ROSTER AS SUPPLIED BY THE MINILLA ISLAND FOOTBALL FEDERATION FOR THE MEN'S NATIONAL TEAM OF THE ROYAL REPUBLIC OF MINILLA ISLAND

Goalkeepers Age Club

1. [b]KOENIG, Raymond[/b] 27 Gappa United FC
14. JELLICO, Steven 26 Gamera City FC
23. CAGE, DeWayne Jr. 24 Richmondtown United FC

Defenders

2. [b]CHRISTIAN, Allan[/b] 35 Diagnostica Kabi FC
3. DE ROSSI, Jhory 25 Angelica St. Paul FC
4. [b]DI MARIA, Corrado[/b] 26 AFC Palmerstown
6. MEIER, Derek 25 FC Godzilla
13. SANTINI, Eric 22 Gappa United FC
16. [b]TATE, Crispus III[/b] 21 FC Minya
19. PETROCELLI, Robert 24 Unity Barragon AFC
20. KOCH, Eric 27 Gamera City FC

Midfielders

5. HENNING, Eric 27 FC Godzilla
8. [b]ABRAMS, Rolf[/b] 25 Gappa United FC
10. [b]PIACENTE, Mark[/b] 26 Sarava City FC
12. [b]PIKELL, Axel[/b] 22 FC Gamackora
17. [b]MENDOZA, John[/b] 21 St. Louis FC
18. [b]JACKSON, Darius[/b] 21 Gamera City FC
21. RIEMANN, Kirk 23 Dorchester United FC

Forwards

7. [b]TOTTI, Alexander[/b] 24 Gappa United FC
9. URBAN, Donald 24 Gamera City FC
11. PEDONE, Steven 23 FC Godzilla
15. [b]RIEMANN, Joseph[/b] 21 FC Minya
22. CUENCA, Alcide 20 Richmondtown United FC

Manager/Technical Director

SPRUYT, Paul

Coaches

ALTOBELLI, Michael
SINISE, Gary
PALEN, Joseph

Physiotherapist

ZORN, James

Team Doctor

MICELI, Dr. Louis M.D.

Head of Delegation

GUILBERT, James

Probable Lineups: Formation 3-1-3-1-2

[b]Penalty takers:[/b] Piacente, J. Riemann, C. Tate, A. Pikell, A. Totti

Edited by Minilla Island

Nation Name: Koryo Confederation

National Team Name: Taegeuk Jeonsa

Continent: Asia

Formation: 4-2-3-1

Playing Style: Offensive

Aggression: Normal

23 Man Roster:

Goal Keepers

[b]1 GK Shin Gwa-Yong [/b]
10 GK Hwang Gyo-Chung
17 GK Song Dong-Min

Defenders

[b]3 DF Kim Kwang-Seok [/b]
[b]4 DF Kazunari Okatomo[/b]
[b]13 DF Cho Hong-Gu [/b]
15 DF Ahn Tae-Gwang
[b]19 DF Hwang Jae-Myeong (captain) [/b]

Midfielders

[b]2 MF Park Hyui-Chul [/b]
[b]5 MF Kim Tae-Myeong [/b]
[b]6 MF Kim Ji-Dong [/b]
[b]7 MF Kim Gae-Sung [/b]
[b]8 MF Hwang Jin-Myeong [/b]
11 MF Cho Han-Bum
12 MF Kim Ba-Woo
14 MF Kim Jung-Kyum
16 MF Shin Hyung-Min
20 MF Jung Seok-Min
22 MF Kim Chang-Hoon
23 MF Song Chang-Ho

Fowards

[b]9 FW Seol Ki-Myeon [/b]
18 FW Yoo Chang-Myun
21 FW Cho Chan-Hok

Penalty Takers:

9 FW Seol Ki-Myeon
18 FW Yoo Chang-Myun
21 FW Cho Chan-Hok
22 MF Kim Chang-Hoon
23 MF Song Chang-Ho

Edited by Kankou

[b]Nation Name:[/b] Maritime Republic of J Andres
[b]National Team Name:[/b] J Andres Anchormen
[b]Continent:[/b] North America
[b]Formation:[/b] 3-4-3
[b]Playing Style:[/b] Very Offensive
[b]Aggression:[/b] Bruise
[b]23 Man Roster:[/b]

[quote][b][u]J Andres Anchormen roster[/u][/b]

Coach: Earl Bannester

[b][u]Keepers:[/u][/b]
[b]Beau Schmidt[/b]
Jeremiah Demastus
William Rodney

[b][u]Defenders:[/u][/b]
[b]Colin Rudolph Levy[/b]
[b]Alvin Nunley[/b]
[b]Kyle Saxon [/b]
[b]Wesley Whatley[/b]
Roderick Maurais
Gene Jamerson
Mark Gilles
Gerard Kennedy

[b][u]Mid-fielders:[/u][/b]
[b]Hilton Wheeler[/b]
[b]Mario Conforti[/b]
[b]Johnny Mercton III[/b]
[b]Paul Kee[/b]
Cory Stuck
Brad Spreen
Joshua Rubinstein

[b][u]Forwards:[/u][/b]
[b]Norman Bellinger[/b]
[b]Wilford Hobbs[/b]
Bryant Gasper
Margarito Morrero
Jack Somerson

[b][u]Penalty Takers:[/u][/b]
Bellinger
Hobbs
Mercton III
Conforti
Nunley[/quote]

OoC: Can I still get in? D:

Nation Name: Southern Sudan
National Team Name: Kong Jim Fighters
Continent: Africa
Formation: 4-3-3
Aggression: Bruise
23 Man Roster:

GK:

[b]Unathi Kothi[/b]

Sefu Makena

[b]Tatenda Mweyne[/b]

MF:

Masamba Kefilwe

[b]Neo Gwandoya [/b]

Sipho Wekesa

[b]Kwesi Faraji [/b]

Nthanda Tafari

Paki Kojo

Kato Themba

DF:

Chiumbo Nthanda

Kirabo Simba

[b]Kig Tong il[/b]

Kirabo Nsonowa

Unathi Dumisani

Kato Andile

Imamu Kweku

Xolani Zuberi

FW:

Nsonowa Kgosi

Inauchu Skullertle

Dipachu Numbuchu

Byrrten Zuwstroth

OoC: I used a random name generator with African category so some of the names are similar.

Edited by Fizzydog

Nation Name: The Hakaarian Empire
National Team Name: Arctic Frost
Continent: North America
Formation: 4-3-3
Aggression: BRUISE!

23 Man Roster:
Goalkeepers (3)

Rich Bales
Nick McCunn
Lando Hoss