Nexus Announcement

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='29 April 2010 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1272562187' post='2280001']
My apologies if I misinterpreted "perpetual war" as permanent ZI.
[/quote]
As nippy has said, Methrage has been given opportunity to bring resolution to this issue, and he even still has such ability. He simply refuses to exercise it. I would be curious to hear where you got the idea that this was "perpetual war" though.

Edit:
[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1272562301' post='2280002']
I don't consider this an opportunity for resolution and this is the closest I've got to something being presented. If you think I'm going to post on your mercy board, register on your forum and apologize for you guys attacking me on you mercy board then you're mistaken. Also the vagueness implies it could include anything, much like the unconditional surrender Gremlins demand.
[/quote]
If you keep spinning the issue so vigorously, maybe you'll end up arguing against yourself.

Also, ahahahahaha. Yes, we're exactly like Gramlins because we're asking you to come talk to us.

Edited by ktarthan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ktarthan' date='29 April 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1272561542' post='2279990']
Who said anything about PZI? Please don't jump to conclusions.
[/quote]

So what? You'll keep him in perpetual war without getting him ZId? That sounds fantastic. Much more preferable to PZI.

[quote]As nippy has said, Methrage has been given opportunity to bring resolution to this issue, and he even still has such ability. He simply refuses to exercise it. I would be curious to hear where you got the idea that this was "perpetual war" though.[/quote]

[quote name='nippy' date='29 April 2010 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1272559026' post='2279936']
From before you posted this, Methrage is an Enemy of GOONS and is destined to perpetual wars from us.
[/quote]

Hello.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='29 April 2010 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1272562462' post='2280005']
Hello.
[/quote]
Oh, my apologies, I skipped over that. Let me clarify that statement.

GOONS has an "Enemy of GOONS" list. While a nation is on it, they are free game for attacks whenever a member of GOONS feels like it. So, it would have been more accurate to say "Methrage is an Enemy of GOONS and is destined to perpetual wars from us while he remains so".

[quote name='ktarthan' date='29 April 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1272562769' post='2280013']
Oh, my apologies, I skipped over that. Let me clarify that statement.

GOONS has an "Enemy of GOONS" list. While a nation is on it, they are free game for attacks whenever a member of GOONS feels like it. So, it would have been more accurate to say "Methrage is an Enemy of GOONS and is destined to perpetual wars from us while he remains so".
[/quote]
Regardless of what it says on this list you made up, all your wars on me are aggressive and can open GOONS to be attacked any time as well. GOONS don't make up the rules everyone else has to go by.

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1272563127' post='2280021']
Regardless of what it says on this list you made up, all your wars on me are aggressive and can open GOONS to be attacked any time as well. GOONS don't make up the rules everyone else has to go by.
[/quote]
The wars we declared have nothing to do with your status as a rogue. NSO has already said they won't intervene. You don't make up the rules either, despite your penchant for making things up.

[quote name='nippy' date='29 April 2010 - 12:22 PM' timestamp='1272561733' post='2279995']
As for the rest of Nexus, we have no quarrel with them.
[/quote]
I do, considering they are traitor scum. :smug:
[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='29 April 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1272558660' post='2279930']
From this point until further notice Nexus is under the protection of the New Sith Order.
[/quote]

That NSO is stupid enough to hitch their wagon to this horse says a lot about their judgment.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='29 April 2010 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1272563795' post='2280037']
The wars we declared have nothing to do with your status as a rogue. NSO has already said they won't intervene. You don't make up the rules either, despite your penchant for making things up.
[/quote]
I've offered peace to those attacking, although I wouldn't consider wars already in progress to effect this. That doesn't mean you're free to declare new wars on me without any retaliation whenever you want without it being taken as a hostile act.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1272564915' post='2280057']
I've offered peace to those attacking, although I wouldn't consider wars already in progress to effect this. That doesn't mean you're free to declare new wars on me without any retaliation whenever you want without it being taken as a hostile act.
[/quote]
Why not? You're a rogue.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='29 April 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1272565223' post='2280061']
Why not? You're a rogue.
[/quote]
So your plan is to PZI me for as long as you can, so until someone sends me an aid package or I give up and let my nation delete?

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1272565537' post='2280067']
So your plan is to PZI me for as long as you can, so until someone sends me an aid package or I give up and let my nation delete?
[/quote]
You have been given every opportunity to get on our forums and talk it out, you have chosen to not do so. Please continue not doing so as your blustering is hilarious, and we enjoy every communication you make.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1272565537' post='2280067']
[/quote]
Our plan is to neutralize you as a threat until we deem that you are no longer a threat. Hint: That doesn't have to mean abandoning your nation, or even PZI.

[quote name='Lennox' date='29 April 2010 - 11:30 AM' timestamp='1272565797' post='2280077']
What are the terms given to methrage. If I recall correctly, you attacked him first.
[/quote]
That is for our High Adjudicator to decide once Methrage decides he actually wishes to discuss terms. And if I recall correctly, us attacking him first is irrelevant.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Lennox' date='29 April 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1272565797' post='2280077']
What are the terms given to methrage. If I recall correctly, you attacked him first.
[/quote]

Terms aren't being discussed yet, as the forum for discussion is collecting dust while Methrage attempts to maintain his dignity instead of discussing our terms.

As for the attacks, they were completely justified after his actions against our alliance.

[quote name='Lennox' date='29 April 2010 - 01:30 PM' timestamp='1272565797' post='2280077']
[/quote]
You really didn't research this at all did you?

I encourage any and all individuals who are currently enemies of GOONS to approach us in private to discuss their situation with our newly appointed High War Adjudicator. While cessation of hostilities is obviously not guaranteed, approaching us through proper channels will literally multiply your chances of being granted a cessation by infinity.

No terms have been given by GOONS, even though I've asked what the terms would be and they have yet to give a real answer. I don't know what you're trying to imply with the mercy board and why I should discuss this there specifically, but its that policy that separates you from the other tech raiding alliances, as most after being attacked would rather delete than play your off-site forum games.

Edited by Methrage

actually, people posting on our mercy board have a fairly high chance of receiving it. Of those who have applied for a cessation of hostilities in the last month, 78% have received mercy. The two who did not receive mercy did not do so because they did not comply with terms given, none of which were military in nature (I think one had to draw a picture and one had to write a story).

EDIT: to clarify, the two not given mercy were not denied mercy, but given terms to achieve it which they chose not to follow. Should they follow these terms, they too will be granted mercy.

Edited by Lamuella

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1272566922' post='2280099']
No terms have been given by GOONS, even though I've asked what the terms would be and they have yet to give a real answer. I don't know what you're trying to imply with the mercy board and why I should discuss this there specifically, but its that policy that separates you from the other tech raiding alliances, as most after being attacked would rather delete than play your off-site forum games.
[/quote]

Feel free to 'delete', then. I don't see what us being a 'tech raiding alliance' has to do with anything. This has never been about our tech raiding. It's about your decision to interfere with alliance business to the point of monetarily and militarily aiding a member of an alliance we were at war with, your decision to threaten us with nuclear war, and your grandstanding against our alliance. We will provide you with terms IF and ONLY IF you decide to meet us in the location of our choosing....our mercy board. If you decide not to because you think that begging and pleading the rest of the world to feel sorry for you and to take a stand against our alliance is a more viable and desirable tactic, well...that's on you.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='29 April 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1272563862' post='2280039']
I do, considering they are traitor scum. :smug:

That NSO is stupid enough to hitch their wagon to this horse says a lot about their judgment.
[/quote]

We're not protecting Methrage because of [i]you[/i]. In fact, we aren't even protecting Methrage. We're protecting his AA. We could care less !@#$ about you. You better get your facts straight before making impudent comments.

[quote name='nippy' date='29 April 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1272567498' post='2280118']
Feel free to 'delete', then. I don't see what us being a 'tech raiding alliance' has to do with anything. This has never been about our tech raiding. It's about your decision to interfere with alliance business to the point of monetarily and militarily aiding a member of an alliance we were at war with, your decision to threaten us with nuclear war, and your grandstanding against our alliance. We will provide you with terms IF and ONLY IF you decide to meet us in the location of our choosing....our mercy board. If you decide not to because you think that begging and pleading the rest of the world to feel sorry for you and to take a stand against our alliance is a more viable and desirable tactic, well...that's on you.
[/quote]
You can talk to me on IRC or this forum through PMs if you really want to discuss this privately, also you should owe me reps for the damage done in your attacks on my nation. I've never individually surrendered and never plan to, you guys are the ones unreasonable and attacked me, you should be happy with white peace.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1272567952' post='2280127']
also you should owe me reps for the damage done in your attacks on my nation.
[/quote]
Never stop, never ever stop.