Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

[quote name='Jakome' date='21 April 2010 - 03:47 AM' timestamp='1271836020' post='2268982']
It would appear the one nation celebrated 4/20 pretty hard because after working with goons in 2 different mmo's one thing you come to realize they're pretty much all blood thirsty neck beards looking to make a name. Sure you're out of range of most of us but we will build up and you'll be the lucky guy who gets to be our rukunu. Hell we'll probably get a badge for you. So please sit comfortably in peace mode spouting off nonsense with methrage and rebelvirginia because you'll soon be enjoying the sweet sounds of anarchy
[/quote]
He joined before 4/20, although with him already being a member and others joining us for 4/20, it was reason to celebrate pretty hard.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color="#0000FF"]Seems GOONS has lost three of its more respectable members today. Three of the most rational as well. Pretty soon you'll just be left with the low of the low, with no redeeming qualities. Yes, that worked out well for your predecessor too.[/color]

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='21 April 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1271823347' post='2268772']
You guys sure are quick to attack them for disagreeing with you.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]GOONS is the type of alliance to resort to force instead of intelligent debate because quite frankly they are consistently in the wrong. They know it too. Well, at least I hope they do. Regardless, they are unintelligent bullies to the heart. If someone dislikes them and voices that opinion they will attack that person. If that person is in an alliance they will resort to bully tactics and coercion in an attempt to get that alliance to hand that person right over. I should know. They tried recently.

But yes, you get the point. GOONS wants the world to be afraid of them. So they bully. If called out, however, look no further than their government's whining to see how the alliance reacts. The way things are going I'd say GOONS is on the brink of collapse. Won't be long now.

Also, your attacks upon dissidents shall be in vain. While you may beat and bloody them, you shall never crush their spirit. Their words shall continue to ring true across the land, harking your imminent demise.[/color]

[quote name='TakeruImpulse' date='21 April 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1271825116' post='2268811']
Been drinking Rebel Virginia's Kool-Aid, have you? You're turning into him, Jamez.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Your alliance's little obsession with me is quite odd. A little disturbing if you ask me. If you feel the need to bring me up even when I have nothing to do with something then you really must ask yourselves some important questions.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1271836170' post='2268983']
He joined before 4/20, although with him already being a member and others joining us for 4/20, it was reason to celebrate pretty hard.
[/quote]
Swing and a miss

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 04:22 AM' timestamp='1271848916' post='2269043']
[color="#0000FF"]GOONS are bad...because they're bad[/color]
[/quote]
Yes we are an alliance made up of the chubby kids in school who picked on the other small and weaker kids but really we were just trying to make a connection......we just want you to love us.

Edited by Jakome

[quote name='milkmanrox100' date='15 April 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1271379509' post='2262004']
Yes, I agree. Them and their treaty partner MK are the two biggest threats to a stable planet bob today.

We should all join NPO and GGA and drive them out.
[/quote]

Why would GGA want to drive out Umbrella and MK?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 04:22 AM' timestamp='1271848916' post='2269043']
[color="#0000FF"]GOONS is the type of alliance to resort to force instead of intelligent debate because quite frankly they are consistently in the wrong. They know it too. Well, at least I hope they do. Regardless, they are unintelligent bullies to the heart. If someone dislikes them and voices that opinion they will attack that person. If that person is in an alliance they will resort to bully tactics and coercion in an attempt to get that alliance to hand that person right over. I should know. They tried recently.[/color]
[/quote]
In the case of "I should know. They tried recently.", You are misrepresenting the situation so much it is laughable. But, don't let things like facts get in the way of your diatribes. You are oh so good at them.

[color="#0000FF"]But yes, you get the point. GOONS wants the world to be afraid of them. So they bully. If called out, however, look no further than their government's whining to see how the alliance reacts. The way things are going I'd say GOONS is on the brink of collapse. Won't be long now.[/color]
[/quote]
Please point out where our government is whining.

Also, I agree, our numbers have dwindled to a paltry 213. [b]Brink[/b] of collapse.

[color="#0000FF"]Your alliance's little obsession with me is quite odd. A little disturbing if you ask me. If you feel the need to bring me up even when I have nothing to do with something then you really must ask yourselves some important questions.[/color]
[/quote]
You are an outspoken opponent of GOONS just about any time we show our faces in public. It's only natural that we'd start to fall for you, and start seeing your face everywhere.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='21 April 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1271869354' post='2269227']
In the case of "I should know. They tried recently.", You are misrepresenting the situation so much it is laughable. But, don't let things like facts get in the way of your diatribes. You are oh so good at them.[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You demanded reparation and my expulsion from the RIA. Your true motivation for those demands, which were not met by the way (I told you that you would be leaving empty handed), was to scare me into submission. Other, more worthy opponents, have tried and failed. I shall not be intimated by petty thugs such as yourself.[/color]

[quote]Also, I agree, our numbers have dwindled to a paltry 213. [b]Brink[/b] of collapse.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You have lost three quality members. Respectable members. That is just the beginning. And in an alliance such as your own those are assets you cannot afford to lose. Never mind the fact most of your members are new and inactive. But if you wish to use them to bolster your opinion of your alliance, go right ahead. I can see them for what they are.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1271870136' post='2269239']
[color="#0000FF"]I have always acknowledged those individuals as being the best that GOONS had to offer.[/color]
[/quote]

of course you have, and you have always been at war with eastasia as well, I expect

where and when have you acknowledged these individuals as the best GOONS has to offer?

and who else do you include in your list of "the best"? Or won't you know until they leave and you can turn your 20/20 hindsight onto the issue?

[quote name='Lamuella' date='21 April 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1271870251' post='2269245']
of course you have, and you have always been at war with eastasia as well, I expect

where and when have you acknowledged these individuals as the best GOONS has to offer?

and who else do you include in your list of "the best"? Or won't you know until they leave and you can turn your 20/20 hindsight onto the issue?
[/quote]
Its easy to see by their actions they were among the best, standing up against injustice despite the overwhelming odds is much more respectable than what you guys do.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 10:08 AM' timestamp='1271869704' post='2269231']
[color="#0000FF"]You demanded reparation and my expulsion from the RIA. Your true motivation for those demands, which were not met by the way (I told you that you would be leaving empty handed), was to scare me into submission. Other, more worthy opponents, have tried and failed. I shall not be intimated by petty thugs such as yourself.[/color]
[/quote]
You stated "If someone dislikes them and voices that opinion they will attack that person.". This is not the reason we have taken the action we have. As well, we are not trying to "scare you into submission" - we know it would take divine intervention for you ever stop talking - so we know that would be pointless.

Edit: Removed joke that may have not seemed so joke-like

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1271871353' post='2269268']
Its easy to see by their actions they were among the best, standing up against injustice despite the overwhelming odds is much more respectable than what you guys do.
[/quote]

first of all, are you RV's multi, or do you just answer for him out of a sense of fun?

Second, you just proved my point, that you and RV will think of everyone in GOONS as a despicable monster until they leave, at which point they will become wonderful avenging angels.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='21 April 2010 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1271872180' post='2269277']
first of all, are you RV's multi, or do you just answer for him out of a sense of fun?

Second, you just proved my point, that you and RV will think of everyone in GOONS as a despicable monster until they leave, at which point they will become wonderful avenging angels.
[/quote]

I thought you all WERE despicable monsters, though, Lamuella...

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='21 April 2010 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1271872760' post='2269286']
Then why are those puppies running away from you?
[/quote]

They had to speak with him.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='21 April 2010 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1271872760' post='2269286']
Then why are those puppies running away from you?
[/quote]

I'm the one holding the camera. They're running towards me.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='21 April 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1271872436' post='2269280']
as you well know, we are all cuddly bunnies
[/quote]
The reasons I'm hearing from many of the members leaving GOONS is you are really not good people and really are run by sadists who mostly play just to bully around weaker nations or micro alliances. It seems a lot of GOONS are realizing your government really is made up of mostly sadists and the name isn't just for appearance, they'd rather find more meaningful objectives than picking on unaligned nations and micro alliances.

Also with Jamez being the last moral compass in your Gov leaving, it doesn't make it look hopeful there are any in your gov with much in the way of morals left. I'd also be surprised if anyone left in your gov actually cares about GOONS growth.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Lamuella' date='21 April 2010 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1271873435' post='2269295']
I'm the one holding the camera. They're running towards me.
[/quote]

Well, clearly there is no way you're a monster then, if such a lovable looking bunch of puppies is running towards you.

Your avg NS is one of the worse out of any alliance, even worse than Citadel. You like to get more numbers, but you guys don't seem to care much for nation growth beyond being big enough to tech raid smaller unaligned nations. Even the Citadel has higher Avg NS, I'm still above your average NS myself with 3.17 infra left.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='ktarthan' date='21 April 2010 - 01:30 PM' timestamp='1271874597' post='2269324']
Sorry Methrage, but sadism is not the same as masochism. Of course we care about the growth of GOONS.
[/quote]

Indeed, as I have pointed out, and as meth has ignored, we probably introduce more new players to the game than any other alliance our size.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1271874873' post='2269328']
Your avg NS is one of the worse out of any alliance, even worse than Citadel. You like to get more numbers, but you guys don't seem to care much for nation growth beyond being big enough to tech raid smaller unaligned nations. Even the Citadel has higher Avg NS, I'm still above your average NS myself with 3.17 infra left.
[/quote]

our average NS is low because we have such a massive number of new nations. People found nations in order to join GOONS, can you say the same of your alliance? Once in the alliance, they tend to grow fast.

It's amusing to watch you demonize a stat that's actually one of our most positive attributes

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1271874873' post='2269328']
[/quote]
Which of course has nothing to do with the fact that they have recruited 89 new nations in the past 31 days, something that would increase their growth potential but lower their ans, right?

[quote name='Lamuella' date='21 April 2010 - 02:36 PM' timestamp='1271874958' post='2269333']
Indeed, as I have pointed out, and as meth has ignored, we probably introduce more new players to the game than any other alliance our size.
[/quote]
Let's be honest, more new nations are founded as a result of GOONS than any other alliance.

Edited by flak attack