Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1271889683' post='2269723']
Have fun?
[/quote]

Methrage - Forgetting that others can see when you've edited a previous post since April 21, 2010.

See below for an example.

Edited by MNNorthStars

[quote name='Lamuella' date='21 April 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1271870251' post='2269245']
of course you have, and you have always been at war with eastasia as well, I expect

where and when have you acknowledged these individuals as the best GOONS has to offer?

and who else do you include in your list of "the best"? Or won't you know until they leave and you can turn your 20/20 hindsight onto the issue?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I have always silently acknowledged that they are men of character. Even when I disagreed with their words I knew that they were men of honor. Tell me, where have I ever said otherwise. Unlike the rest of GOONS I knew that they were more than just spoiled children.[/color]

Both Methrage and the people mocking him should be ashamed of themselves for their posts in the last two pages.

Also, I'm still very suspicious about this whole 'GOON exodus' ... when nukes actually start flying then maybe I'll believe it.

[quote name='MNNorthStars' date='21 April 2010 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1271891333' post='2269763']
Methrage - Forgetting that others can see when you've edited a previous post. Est. April 21, 2010.
[/quote]
I wasn't referring to that post he quoted when I made that comment, I was referring to him "inserting something in parenthesis" then attaching my name and a date. So it had nothing to do with my edited post when I made that comment.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1271891387' post='2269764']
[color="#0000FF"]I have always silently acknowledged that they are men of character. Even when I disagreed with their words I knew that they were men of honor. Tell me, where have I ever said otherwise. Unlike the rest of GOONS I knew that they were more than just spoiled children.[/color]
[/quote]

how convenient that your acknowledgement was silent.

Are there any members of GOONS that you want to acknowledge out loud?

[quote name='Lamuella' date='21 April 2010 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1271892678' post='2269792']
how convenient that your acknowledgement was silent.

Are there any members of GOONS that you want to acknowledge out loud?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I will state now that you are no man of honor.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1271892894' post='2269797']
[color="#0000FF"]I will state now that you are no man of honor.[/color]
[/quote]

in what way?

also, for the third time of asking, are there any members of GOONS who you consider to be honorable?

Methrage, it's not misquoting. It's summation - stripping away the heavy euphemism of your posts. He isn't intending for anyone to believe that the quote is verbatim what you said.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1271891387' post='2269764']
[/quote]
How long have you been silently acknowledging the character of Alonois, exactly?

Edit:
[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1271888914' post='2269699']
Congrats on not bringing up any actual points but complaining about me not responding to them. I have more comments complaining about me not responding to points than any being raised without digging through heaps of posts.
[/quote]
"Quit trying to get me to answer your questions, and ask some new questions!" - Methrage - April 21 2010

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Lamuella' date='21 April 2010 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1271893116' post='2269802']
in what way?

also, for the third time of asking, are there any members of GOONS who you consider to be honorable?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I am not a man to levy praise lightly. While I am sure there are other members of GOONS who share that characteristics of those who have departed to fight for justice, I have no reason to name names. They will reveal themselves. What I am interested in is calling out injustice and hypocrisy from members GOONS and its allies whom share similar views. That is my purpose.

And ktharan, where have I ever called them out for being anything other than honorable? They specifically that is. Please, do show.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1271893898' post='2269827']
[color="#0000FF"]I am not a man to levy praise lightly.[/color][/quote]

at least not until after the fact when you can say "I always liked him" or "I never trusted him".

[quote]
While I am sure there are other members of GOONS who share that characteristics of those who have departed to fight for justice, I have no reason to name names.
[/quote]

Or to put it another way: to you, an honorable GOONS member is a GOONS member who leaves. Good to know.

[color="#0000FF"]You are correct, Lamuella. There is no such thing as an honorable GOON. That is the reason why all who have any class or set of principles in time realizes that they cannot remain in GOONS. Those few that are decent men are only there out of misguided trust and belief. Eventually they all learn how wrong they were about GOONS.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1271893898' post='2269827']
[color="#0000FF"]And ktharan, where have I ever called them out for being anything other than honorable? They specifically that is. Please, do show.[/color]
[/quote]
Considering that before our most recent DoW thread Alonois had all of 7 posts on this forum over the last 3 months, I can only conclude that your "silent recognition" of the honor of these men is either baseless, or worthless.

it's just the 20/20 hindsight of telling your friends at the bar that you "always hated" a newly minted jerkbag who you had never mentioned before.

For my part, I always liked Jamez, Alonois, and Mitsuo. They were a credit to our alliance. Which just makes their betrayal all the more painful.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='21 April 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1271880557' post='2269455']
This has absolutely nothing to do with anything. You're arguing against things he didn't even say.
[/quote]
Which is what you do when you mis-quote him.

This whole GOONS members vs Methrage thread conflict is becoming a little childish.

Edited by BlkAK47002

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='21 April 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1271899083' post='2269948']
This whole GOONS members vs Methrage thread conflict is becoming a little childish.
[/quote]
It's really more of a Methrage vs GOONS members conflict. Besides, what would you have us do? Our government tried on multiple occasions to deal with him diplomatically but he doesn't even respect us enough to agree to negotiate as equals. Personally, I believe refusing to communicate in private channels and continuously misrepresenting the situation in a public forum is an extremely childish way to deal with your personal problems. Methrage dug himself into a hole, now he's yelling at the top of his lungs for someone to throw him a rope.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1271899157' post='2269950']
If GOONS admit their mistake and realize they were wrong, I would be willing to put an end to this.
[/quote]
What exactly was this mistake? Please be verbose.

Edited by magicmountain

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1271899849' post='2269971']
I'm sure if you think deep enough you'll figure out where the mistakes were made, but from some of your members leaving its clear they've been made.
[/quote]
Please answer my question.

[quote name='magicmountain' date='21 April 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1271899648' post='2269962']
It's really more of a Methrage vs GOONS members conflict. Besides, what would you have us do? Our government tried on multiple occasions to deal with him diplomatically but he doesn't even respect us enough to agree to negotiate as equals. Personally, I believe refusing to communicate in private channels and continuously misrepresenting the situation in a public forum is an extremely childish way to deal with your personal problems. Methrage dug himself into a hole, now he's yelling at the top of his lungs for someone to throw him a rope.

What exactly was this mistake? Please be verbose.
[/quote]
Well what if you both met on irc with a neutral mediator and just negotiate, there's not much to it. This isn't a major conflict, it doesn't need to go any futher.

[quote name='magicmountain' date='21 April 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1271900481' post='2269990']
Please answer my question.
[/quote]
If you guys don't think you made any mistakes, maybe it was all intentional that you ended up in this situation. However I think the mistakes began with your attacks on CSA and poor diplomacy from you guys since then.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='21 April 2010 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1271900758' post='2269997']
Well what if you both met on irc with a neutral mediator and just negotiate, there's not much to it. This isn't a major conflict, it doesn't need to go any futher.
[/quote]

There were numerous IRC conversations. I don't know the early situation very well but the gist of it from my experience is neither side could agree on terms so we went to war with him and lobbied to have him sanctioned. His response to that was to derail a GOONS alliance announcement thread until it was locked, then he created this thread, supposedly to complain about being sanctioned for being a nuke rogue, but we see it's really just a platform to continue to broadcast his message. He continually avoids any real discussion and broadcasts his message, over and over.

So again I ask you, what would you have us do? I guess we could ignore him and let people believe what they will but responding is so much more fun.

Edited by magicmountain

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1271901176' post='2270011']
If you guys don't think you made any mistakes, maybe it was all intentional that you ended up in this situation. However I think the mistakes began with your attacks on CSA and poor diplomacy from you guys since then.
[/quote]
Again, you did not answer my question. I'm not asking what mistakes you think we've made.

You said "If GOONS admit their mistake and realize they were wrong, I would be willing to put an end to this" To which mistake are you referring in that statement? What is the thing we should admit?