Dawn of an ERA

Andover

currently ERA is acting as an intermediary to broker peace between WAPA , and its allies and those engaged against them and a time has been scheduled.

ERA is planning on being neutral during this war and our plans for Tech trade is mainly going to be between members for now.

WAPA de-masks their POW from the forum and doesnt really consider them members and I have made an effort to reach out to other WAPA POW to join my alliance.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/me shakes head

[quote]currently ERA is acting as an intermediary to broker peace between WAPA , and its allies and those engaged against them and a time has been scheduled.[/quote]

ERA has not been asked by WAPA to be a peace broker, nor has ERA been asked by any of the other involved alliances as far as I know.

[quote]WAPA de-masks their POW from the forum and doesnt really consider them members and I have made an effort to reach out to other WAPA POW to join my alliance.[/quote]

Demasking POW's is a standard practice in alliances, especially WAPA, since it became one of the CB's for the second shark war. We still considered you a member of the alliance until after you resigned, but seriously, do you really think that we're going to let you run for minister of defense if you surrender after 2 days of fighting?

[quote]This is just me answering to the topic of the thread, just an idea for you to consider. You could consider recruiting from WAPA members that left the alliance after/during the war, like yourself. I don't know how WAPA handles surrender cases, but if some good people you know are now without and alliance you could try to get a few to join.[/quote]

Most, and I would venture all current POW's from WAPA, (Andover excepted of course), are loyal members, who surrendered because they were unprepared for this war,and wanted to be more capable of rebuilding WAPA and our allies after the war. So you'll excuse me if I tell you to bug off.

The above aside, good luck to you in the future ERA.

[quote name='arani' date='18 February 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1266536688' post='2190544']
Most, and I would venture all current POW's from WAPA, (Andover excepted of course), are loyal members, who surrendered because they were unprepared for this war,and wanted to be more capable of rebuilding WAPA and our allies after the war. So you'll excuse me if I tell you to bug off. [/quote]

I didn't imply anything. Just gave advice based on a hypothetical situation in which I also stated I lacked knowledge of some of the specifics. I also specifically said "those nations that, like Andover, had left the alliance" meaning that they are not loyal to WAPA anymore. I'm not going to counter anything you say as you should know far more than me on the matter considering that is your alliance. I do not question the loyalty of any of your members, and as a matter of fact I myself have been witness to the amount of loyalty some of your members have. They are good people, that just happen to be on the opposing side of the war from me.

Forgive me for just giving an idea, and you'll excuse me if I tell you to chill.

Edit: Crappy grammar mistake.

Edited by Cesar Julian

[quote]
currently ERA is acting as an intermediary to broker peace between WAPA , and its allies and those engaged against them and a time has been scheduled.
[/quote]

I suggested us as Intermediaries to GUN when I was talking to Zenergy and he liked that idea and we pulled together representatives from most of the alliances as well as a WAPA firm member and come to a time and place for tommorrow's meeting.

No were during that convo did WAPA's firm member object to ERA being intermediary's.

Edited by Andover

Arani,

AndyMac didn't seem to have a problem with ERA mediating talks when we were all in the same room earlier. I don't recall you being there.

GUN certainly appreciates Andover and ERA mediating, as in my experience having a neutral mediator helps a great deal with advancing the pace of talks past the inevitable breakdowns in communications. Regardless of the outcome of these talks, having open communications is always a positive thing, and Andover has gained my respect for furthering that end.

[quote]I didn't imply anything. Just gave advice based on a hypothetical situation in which I also stated I lacked knowledge of some of the specifics. I also specifically said "those nations that, like Andover, had left the alliance" meaning that they are not loyal to WAPA anymore. I'm not going to counter anything you say as you should know far more than me on the matter considering that is your alliance. I do not question the loyalty of any of your members, and as a matter of fact I myself have been witness to the amount of loyalty some of your members have. They are good people, that just happen to be on the opposing side of the war from me.[/quote]

I am sorry, it seems I misunderstood your earlier post. I thought that you were suggesting that he actively recruit from WAPA POW's and even from WAPA members themselves. I see that you weren't. Andover is welcome to any former members of WAPA he can get, but don't be actively recruiting from loyal members, that's a universal no-no.

[quote]AndyMac didn't seem to have a problem with ERA mediating talks when we were all in the same room earlier. I don't recall you being there.

GUN certainly appreciates Andover and ERA mediating, as in my experience having a neutral mediator helps a great deal with advancing the pace of talks past the inevitable breakdowns in communications. Regardless of the outcome of these talks, having open communications is always a positive thing, and Andover has gained my respect for furthering that end.[/quote]

I agree that open communication is always good, and WAPA is always glad to talk. But you might understand that sentiment in WAPA is rather biased against Andover, seeing as he abandoned WAPA in a time of need, and is now somewhat trying to stick his nose into business again.

[quote name='zenergy' date='18 February 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1266519947' post='2189992']
Hey, he's welcome to start his new alliance after this war is over, but as of right now he's in violation of his surrender terms. We'll be happy to release him once WAPA decides to listen to reason, but until then he's ours.
[/quote]

Once WAPA decides to listen to reason? I'm sorry but what? WAPA should listen to reason and there should be white peace all around whilst alliances that came in with them or to defend them are still at war? Aint gonna happen. Discussions of peace will take place with ALL alliances or none, quit putting this !@#$ solely on WAPA.

[quote name='Cesar Julian' date='18 February 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1266525040' post='2190125']
This is just me answering to the topic of the thread, just an idea for you to consider. You could consider recruiting from WAPA members that left the alliance after/during the war, like yourself. I don't know how WAPA handles surrender cases, but if some good people you know are now without an alliance you could try to get a few to join.
[/quote]

That's not the topic of the thread and recruiting PoW's who have not been released is unacceptable and will only lead to the same response from Zenergy as Andover got I expect.

[quote name='Andover' date='18 February 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1266526971' post='2190176']

WAPA de-masks their POW from the forum and doesnt really consider them members and I have made an effort to reach out to other WAPA POW to join my alliance.
[/quote]

ERA wont be acting as any intermediary if I have anything to say about it. Surrendering after two days, complaining about being demasked and then trying to broker peace when you have no right to do so. I don't think so.

Who doesn't? Once you surrender, you leave the alliance, the fact that you thought you could save your precious infra and run for government at the same time is hilarious. Would you have someone with access to all your forums who just ran off after two days of war?

[quote name='Andover' date='19 February 2010 - 02:38 AM' timestamp='1266547115' post='2191014']
I suggested us as Intermediaries to GUN when I was talking to Zenergy and he liked that idea and we pulled together representatives from most of the alliances as well as a WAPA firm member and come to a time and place for tommorrow's meeting.[/quote]

I'm fairly sure the alliances involved are competent enough to come to a resolution without you getting in the way. Quite clearly you have a motive for being there, it's not you just being a nice, uninvolved third party, more like you just wanting WAPA out so you can get this alliance going properly.

[quote name='zenergy' date='19 February 2010 - 05:05 AM' timestamp='1266555936' post='2191541']
GUN certainly appreciates Andover and ERA mediating, as in my experience having a neutral mediator helps a great deal with advancing the pace of talks past the inevitable breakdowns in communications. Regardless of the outcome of these talks, having open communications is always a positive thing, and Andover has gained my respect for furthering that end.
[/quote]

He's not neutral and you should have recognised his motives for trying to get peace sorted as quickly as he could once you saw this thread.

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' date='19 February 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1266599715' post='2192175']
Keeping this brief....

1. Andover has no part to play in any peace negotiations.

2. We do not recognise this new alliance.

[u]Signed by WAPA firm as listed below;[/u]

Andymac64
Burnsey
Earl Dumarest
[/quote]

Why wouldnt you recognise a new alliance ? Because he leaved during war ? Please develop.

Edited by GeoLauzier

[quote]About Republic of Andover:
Active Always, Got Questions? Mail me! Ive Eaten 2 nukes and Launched 2 nukes. Im not afraid to take or recieve em. [/quote]

So what, two's your limit right?

[quote name='GeoLauzier' date='19 February 2010 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1266600216' post='2192190']
Why wouldnt you recognise a new alliance ? Because he leaved during war ? Please develop.
[/quote]

Andover is a deserter. Once he is free from GUN he may be subject to trial in our high court. He is not yet free to join any other alliance, let alone found a new one.

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' date='19 February 2010 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1266601164' post='2192208']
Andover is a deserter. Once he is free from GUN he may be subject to trial in our high court. He is not yet free to join any other alliance, let alone found a new one.
[/quote]
That's not up to you. If he joins another alliance, is accepted, and then protected by them despite your demands, what do you plan to do?

[quote name='Locke' date='19 February 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1266606193' post='2192293']
That's not up to you. If he joins another alliance, is accepted, and then protected by them despite your demands, what do you plan to do?
[/quote]
In that case I believe it's called diplomatic immunity, but that he probably shouldn't leave their AA without being in peace mode.

[quote name='Andover' date='18 February 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1266526971' post='2190176']

ERA is planning on being neutral during this war and our plans for Tech trade is mainly going to be between members for now.

[/quote]

[quote name='Andover' date='18 February 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1266547115' post='2191014']
I suggested us as Intermediaries to GUN when I was talking to Zenergy and he liked that idea and we pulled together representatives from most of the alliances as well as a WAPA firm member and come to a time and place for tommorrow's meeting.

No were during that convo did WAPA's firm member object to ERA being intermediary's.
[/quote]

Did the WAPA firm member actually TELL you this? Silence doesn't mean agreement, it means they may not be on. To assume such is foolhardy at most. I also don't see how considering you surrendered from WAPA why WAPA would want anything to do with you leading peace talks, it is a bit hypocritical. Surrender from an alliance and then try to start up peace talks? WAPA speaks for WAPA, and the communications in this whole thing were a mess. So pardon me if I listen to Dumarest in regards to what WAPA did say instead of you.

Also, considering you were told not to form an alliance in this very thread while under surrender terms, this whole thing is full of irony.

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' date='19 February 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1266599715' post='2192175']
Keeping this brief....

Andymac64
Burnsey
Earl Dumarest
[/quote]

And this post makes a lot more sense to me. Thanks for the clarification WAPA.

[quote] Also, considering you were told not to form an alliance in this very thread while under surrender terms, this whole thing is full of irony.
[/quote]

WAPA didnt even know about this alliance until my DOE was made, and no were in GUN's terms was I prohibited from starting an alliance, just as long as I stayed on the GUN POW AA.

The Fact that WAPA agreed to the meeting time and place is evident enough that they agreed to the talks taking place with ERA as the neutral party.

Edited by Andover

Andover is correct. As long as he flies the GUN POW AA and complies with military requirements we have no concern over his extracurricular activities.

I also think you guys need to brush up on the meaning of the word "mediate." WAPA gov has proven hard to get a hold of on IRC, and Andover offered to help get all parties in the same place so we could at least open communications. He performed that function admirably, but that doesn't mean he's running the show, merely facilitating.

Also ERA does not and WILL NOT recognize any attempt to put Republic of Andover on trial as being legal. Even though I cant join the ERA AA my status is currently an Unaffiliated POW, bearing no membership to any alliance but under the protection of GUN as per the POW. Once said POW terms are lifted I will be in ERA and under its protection.

Edited by Andover

[quote name='Andover' date='19 February 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1266619692' post='2192547']
Also ERA does not and WILL NOT recognize any attempt to put Republic of Andover on trial as being legal. Even though I cant join the ERA AA my status is currently an Unaffiliated POW, bearing no membership to any alliance but under the protection of GUN as per the POW. Once said POW terms are lifted I will be in ERA and under its protection.
[/quote]

Also, I think you're a prick and I will show you a new era, an era of nuclear anarchy, I hope you like it. War deserter, then starting an alliance from PoW status and recruiting from PoW's, you really piss me off. Carry on.

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' date='20 February 2010 - 03:15 AM' timestamp='1266599715' post='2192175']
Keeping this brief....

Andymac64
Burnsey
Earl Dumarest
[/quote]
And here is the setup for a tech raid... (Step 1: Refuse to acknowledge the existence of the alliance you plan to raid)