Generalissimo of Earth

Generalissimo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sargun' date='16 February 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1266376819' post='2186866']
Technically, the Space Elevator literally cannot be stolen because it has a giant space station at the top. There is no way to steal the elevator and the station without being seen.
[/quote]
Ah, but there is another way to steal at least parts of it and I am going to keep it as a surprise...

[quote name='HHAYD' date='16 February 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1266376985' post='2186874']
Ah, but there is another way to steal at least parts of it and I am going to keep it as a surprise...
[/quote]
No, there's no way to steal any parts of it. Any shift in the engineering would send the entire thing crashing down. Not to mention that it'd be guarded by insane amounts of guards and equipment.

Stealing a bridge is one thing. Stealing a space elevator is impossible.

[quote name='Sargun' date='16 February 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1266377146' post='2186884']
No, there's no way to steal any parts of it. Any shift in the engineering would send the entire thing crashing down. Not to mention that it'd be guarded by insane amounts of guards and equipment.

Stealing a bridge is one thing. Stealing a space elevator is impossible.
[/quote]
You can steal parts of it after sending it crashing down after digging through the crushed and burnt ones.

Why try blowing up or taking apart the structure if you can target the wires that stabilizes it?...

[quote name='HHAYD' date='17 February 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1266446185' post='2188150']
You can steal parts of it after sending it crashing down after digging through the crushed and burnt ones.

Why try blowing up or taking apart the structure if you can target the wires that stabilizes it?...
[/quote]
Because then you'd be dead.

mmhmm...you have to get through security first.. And even if THAT is successful, trying to steal something in that manner would kill you as effectively as the guards. :P And anger a lot of people who would have otherwise been on your side...the collapse of that thing would cause a lot of deaths in and of itself.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='17 February 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1266448126' post='2188217']
mmhmm...you have to get through securit y first.. And even if THAT is successful, trying to steal something in that manner would kill you as effectively as the guards. :P And anger a lot of people who would have otherwise been on your side...the collapse of that thing would cause a lotof deaths in and of itself.
[/quote]
Good point, but I am still going to go ahead and RP the Lighting Thieves members being over-confident and think that they will earn profits without getting killed, not realizing they will create a point-of-no return for TUO once Generalissimo become ultra enraged over a loss of a multi-hundred billion dollar structure.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' date='17 February 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1266460994' post='2188646']
Good point, but I am still going to go ahead and RP the Lighting Thieves members being over-confident and think that they will earn profits without getting killed, not realizing they will create a point-of-no return for TUO once Generalissimo [b]become ultra enraged over a loss of a multi-hundred billion dollar structure.[/b]
[/quote]
That implies that he will lose it.

[quote name='Sargun' date='17 February 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1266462739' post='2188704']
That implies that he will lose it.
[/quote]
Yeah, I don't think it is possible for them to smuggle a suspicious looking electronic device across the tight airport security checkpoint even if they survived and didn't get caught while salvaging the parts.

[quote name='Centurius' date='18 February 2010 - 06:34 AM' timestamp='1266496496' post='2189551']
People you all seem to forget that there probably or so many automated securities on such a complex you wouldn't even be able to get a small piece of metal out let alone one of the most important systems.
[/quote]
Again, then I might as well as destroy it instead of bothering to steal it. Lighting Thieves members think they can steal parts of it by destroying the stabilizing cables, but they won't survive.

[quote name='Sargun' date='18 February 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1266532979' post='2190402']
They won't be able to destroy it. Unless your Lightning Thieves have lynneth tech, you're not getting any part of that thing.
[/quote]
Again, I am going to RP them failing at stealing parts of it but they will destroy or at least severely damage the structure.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='18 February 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1266536049' post='2190526']
Again, I am going to RP them failing at stealing parts of it but they will destroy or at least severely damage the structure.
[/quote]

No. Get this through your head: you cannot destroy or severely damage the space elevator. It's made of stronger stuff than you will ever have. The security there will be so intense you'll be shot for looking at it. It isn't going to happen.

The Elevator is, in canon continuity, defended by 5,000 soldiers. Security is insane and on occasion requires a day or two of waiting even for heads of states, kings and queens. It's practically impossible getting there without a proper invasion force.

In this continuity, security may be even crazier, because what do you know, Generalissimo could be paranoid or something.

I am going to RP the attacks even if they can't get near the support cables to show ICly Lighting Thieves unit's stubbornness, over-confidence, friendly fire avoidance failure, logical thinking issues, and epically incompetent.

Edited by HHAYD