Zenith Declaration of War

Sulmar

[quote name='Thorgrum' date='04 February 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1265315236' post='2159276']
I'm not upset at all, this is a friendly chat with an opponnent. The target choice comments were based on the fact you said "Zenith didnt choose the target" I found that odd, particularly after a Tri of OG pretty much confirmed it as well. However I respect that you guys run your affairs how ever you see fit, there isnt one person in Gramlins who is upset by the decision to put Zenith and OG on us, who ever made it.
[/quote]

Let's put it this way what i mean when i say we didin't choose the target is that, if we are going to help an ally and friend, why would we not give them the assistance they desire? It doesn't make sense for us to offer our help and then say "but yeah we're not going to help you the way you want".

If two alliances (for example) hit MHA, and MHA then came to you and said "we're ok with Alliance A, we got them handled, but what we really need is these other jerks from Alliance B off our backs" you wouldn't say yeah "we're going to help, but, we don't feel like doing what you want, we're going to help however we see fit."

Understand what i'm trying to say here?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='04 February 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1265315740' post='2159297']
I know, right? He does that to me too. How can you have a desperate grasping for power between two rivals when he's always making me like him? Grrrr.

:o
:D
[/quote]
[quote]...I have no beef with you guys other then Sulmar's being friendly and not allowing me to demonize him at the time. B-)[/quote]
I am pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. :smug:

Edited by Sulmar

[quote name='Sulmar' date='04 February 2010 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1265316713' post='2159337']
I am pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. :smug:
[/quote]

Shush you, you're on my list of people i'd like to destroy ;)

Edited by mike717

[quote name='mike717' date='04 February 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1265317013' post='2159348']
Shush you, you're on my list of people i'd like to destroy ;)
[/quote]
Like I said, awesome. :smug:

Sidenote: I totally understand why MK loves "smug" so much.

Since I was busy in another part of Organized Chaosia last night, I did not see that certain disparaging comments had been made about me until this evening. But since I am now here, I will take the opportunity to address them.

[b]My Feelings on Gremlins[/b]

I will make no attempts to hide the fact that I don't like the Gremlins very much. We have very different ideologies on how the game is played and have followed very different paths since I left NATO and GRE left TC.

That said, I do want to clear some things up. First, when I do not like an alliance, I just avoid dealing with them. Sure, I make some disparaging comments about them, but I don't go beyond that. I don't create grand schemes to destroy other alliances like certain people and alliances do. Second, I do not pick the targets for Zenith and I do not use the alliance to carry out my own personal vendettas. I take care of my issues with people on my own and I do not put the alliance in jeopardy to satisfy my own grudges. Third, I do not believe in ZI, PZI, EZI, or prolonged surrender terms. I believe that it is the right of rulers and alliances to be able to conduct their affairs as they see fit. Even if I don't like the way a person or alliance does things, I leave them alone unless what they are doing threatens me, my alliance, or my allies.

[b]My Role in Picking the Target[/b]

Believe it or not, I was not the great mastermind behind choosing Zenith's dance partner for this war. A smaller alliance would have been my first choice because it would allow us to inflict the most damage at the minimum risk. My impression of Gremlins is of a highly skilled and very dangerous alliance, something that Zenith is not. So if had been up to me, we would not have attacked Gremlins at all.

Zenith made the decision to enter this war last week, when TFD and NADC entered in defense of NV and NpO. We were still in the process of preparing and were consequentially unable to answer at that time. When that war peaced out and the TOP-C and G war started, Zenith remained on alert because we knew that we could still be pulled in via Old Guard or through another one of our MDoAP/MADP partners.

Old Guard and Zenith have been friends since Zenith was founded. Zenith's mid range nations were strengthened from the importation of Old Guard money during tech deals. Although our relationship has gone quiet at times, the special place that Old Guard hold in the heart of Zenithians remains.

When it became apparent that TOP were not going to end their war, we began to consider possible options for how Zenith would enter the war. Although we would have personally preferred the Peace and Love Train roll as a bloc, TFD and NADC were still recovering from the previous war, so it did not look like they would need us for some time. TPF were not yet involved and were several treaties removed from the alliances at war.

That left Old Guard who were directly tied to the war and had only one other ally: us. We knew that if Old Guard went in, they would not have anyone to assist them. Based on this information, we decided to enter on the Old Guard front and offered our assistance to them.

Because we were declaring off of Old Guard and Old Guard were declaring off of IRON or TOP, the target that we chose was entirely dependent on the target that Old Guard chose. We met with the military commanders of TOP and IRON and when TOP waived assistance, that left us with IRON's attackers, the Harmlins.

Based on Zenith and Old Guard's combined membership bases, the military command thought that we would be a good fit for Gremlins. I would have personally preferred to hit MHA, they're a lot bigger, but they have a larger midrange that would have allowed us to get war experience for more of our members. But the military command and Old Guard chose to hit Gremlins so it was Gremlins that we hit. We went in on the oA against Gremlins to avoid activating any treaties.

[b]My Feelings on the Target[/b]

To be honest, I was anything but thrilled to be assigned to fight Gremlins. They're a lot stronger than us and they have proven to be a worthy opponent. I actually lobbied our military command to assign us to MHA so a larger alliance would take GRE. But it was GRE that we were assigned to in the end.

Although I am enjoying fighting an alliance that I don't really like that much, the longer the war goes on the more respect I am gaining for them. The two Gremlins I am fighting have been very skilled opponents. After the war, I will probably have a milder view of Gremlins. I wouldn't run out and sign a treaty with them, but they're slowly gaining my respect back and they're a great opponent.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

[i]TL/DR: Yes, DK doesn't like GRE very much, No DK did not choose Gremlins out of a grudge match.[/i]

I don't know why anyone would assume that Zenith fulfills the personal vendettas of anyone. We are far more interested in the brotherhood that is held within Zenith and the bonds we hold with our allies than of trying to topple any "enemy." As far as Zenith is concerned; we have no enemies, only opponents that we spar with when our allies need us to. Any assumption of malicious intent towards other entities on Bob is purely false.