The most F'd up war ever?

Hyperion321

[quote name='Darth Andrew' date='04 February 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1265302801' post='2158974']
There's no reason for the war to continue in terms of the CB TOP and co. used to attack CG (i.e. the NpO-\m/ portion of the war had already ended).
[/quote]

I think the whole "we see them as a threat" to be the best, and most honourable CB I have seen in my 2 and a bit years here. It's about time after countless wars in those times that some truth came out on a CB.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='sammykhalifa' date='05 February 2010 - 03:20 AM' timestamp='1265304002' post='2158989']
Well, it IS a game. You should he able to fight in it without the anger and resentment and years-old grudges that we normally have. Your ability to play the game in the future should not be at stake. I never really understood how some peoples' fun-level was in their ability to subjugate others in an online game.

I'd be totally okay with it if in a few days everyone just decides to drop the war altogether and went on their way--it'd somehow be fitting with this crazy battle. There'd probably be more wars in the future that way.
[/quote]
Unfortunately it is not going to end that way though, There will most likely be another round of record breaking reps demands to be paid that will fuel even deeper grudges that will last for years. That is just they way CN rolls.

[quote name='sammykhalifa' date='04 February 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1265304002' post='2158989']
Well, it IS a game. You should he able to fight in it without the anger and resentment and years-old grudges that we normally have. Your ability to play the game in the future should not be at stake. I never really understood how some peoples' fun-level was in their ability to subjugate others in an online game.[/quote]
I'm talking from an IC perspective. I guess I'm just disappointed that there's very little IC reason for this war to exist, other than "omg u may or may not b a thr3at, so we'll play safe and think u r 1!!!". Anyone can claim that for any reason, and they need no proof to back it up.

[quote]I think the whole "we see them as a threat" to be the best, and most honourable CB I have seen in my 2 and a bit years here. It's about time after countless wars in those times that some truth came out on a CB.[/quote]
Sure, it's the most honest CB ever, but I've seen far more honorable ones.

Edited by Darth Andrew

[quote name='SonOfHoward' date='04 February 2010 - 02:21 PM' timestamp='1265314907' post='2159266']
This has the best time I've had playing this game. Beats the Karma war. This is what CN should be like more often, crazy, effed up, spontaneous- I can barely keep up. Now if we can get rid of reps there will always be goodtimes ahead.
[/quote]

Hopefully we're on our way to doing that. I know of quite a few alliances who have tried to make examples to end the reparations crap that we have familiarized ourselves with for so long around here. Gramlins' stance against reps after the WotC was a first big step in that direction, IMO. Regardless, I somehow have a feeling we will be getting another dose of the rep crap again after this war is over.

[quote name='revolutionary rebel' date='03 February 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1265199524' post='2156303']
When The International and Nord are poised to be fighting on the same side in this war, it confirms the obvious.

If Planet Bob has a hell, it must be snowing there right now.
[/quote]
OHSHI-

[quote name='revolutionary rebel' date='03 February 2010 - 06:18 AM' timestamp='1265199524' post='2156303']
When The International and Nord are poised to be fighting on the same side in this war, it confirms the obvious.

If Planet Bob has a hell, it must be snowing there right now.
[/quote]

hmm... the same night this comes to pass it starts snowing where I live.... coincidence? I think not.