The most F'd up war ever?

Hyperion321

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I didn't like this war because we were fighting STA. But now we're fighting NSO so it's all good. :D Fun times all around.

Also, the idea that this war should have ended when \m/ and NpO agreed to peace is silly. TOP has declared war on C&G because they consider them a threat. C&G remains a threat to them, and likewise TOP remains a threat to C&G. Until [i]that[/i] issue is resolved, it would be foolish to end the war for either side.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='zoskia' date='02 February 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1265147352' post='2153897']
Same thing here.

I don't see that most of the Alliances involved have an actual reason to fight, except defending an ally.

A war which doesn't have a point is just like a discussion that doesn't have a point...you win nothing even if you win.
[/quote]

The only real and long-term victory for either side now will go to those who can agree to peacing this thing out.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='02 February 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1265150335' post='2153956']
At first I didn't like this war because we were fighting STA. But now we're fighting NSO so it's all good. :D Fun times all around.

Also, the idea that this war should have ended when \m/ and NpO agreed to peace is silly. TOP has declared war on C&G because they consider them a threat. C&G remains a threat to them, and likewise TOP remains a threat to C&G. Until [i]that[/i] issue is resolved, it would be foolish to end the war for either side.
[/quote]
I think this post sums up how I feel about this whole situation now. TOP attacked us with the reason of "you are a threat to TOP," and with that mindset they are definitely a threat to us. War seems to be the only way to settle the feelings between the two that have burst open.

Whether or not someone thinks this war is fun depends completely on how much they tend to enjoy rather ridiculous insanity.

Now, it has potential to be even more fun once all the peace is sorted out. We've seen crap CB's, allies watching two or more friends fight each other, REALLY bad communication breakdowns, basically everything that can go wrong is going wrong. Maybe this is the Murphy Law War?

Anyway, I really hope folks realize that this massive clusterfrack is due in no small part to a convoluted treaty web. It's been past time to burn that mother fracker to the ground and start again. Perhaps folks will actually do it.

[quote name='Shodemofi' date='02 February 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1265151455' post='2153990']
It's certainly the most exciting war ever.
[/quote]

Yeah, you need a program just to tell the sides apart, then you need to buy a new one daily because those sides are probably radically different.

[quote name='King DrunkWino' date='02 February 2010 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1265151560' post='2153996']
Yeah, you need a program just to tell the sides apart, then you need to buy a new one daily because those sides are probably radically different.
[/quote]
Buy? Are you offering payment for my stats programs? And all this time I've just been doing it for free. :(

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='02 February 2010 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1265151760' post='2154005']
Buy? Are you offering payment for my stats programs? And all this time I've just been doing it for free. :(
[/quote]

Me, you, a paypal account and...

...oh wait, we're gonna have to cut Admin in on a nice chunk or he's liable to rain b& on us from the skies.

I honestly think this is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Beats the Mafia declaration during UJW, fransjosef, Operation Overlord, The Flying Tigers, etc.

I love it. It's just so hilarious. It's like everything wrong with CN all combined into one great mess.

1. The huge gap between smaller and larger nations.
2. Warfare being reduced to "I HAVE MORE MONEY THAN YOU"
3. "YOU'RE WHINING TOO MUCH"
4. Preemptive strikes
5. Chaining treaties
6. White peace making things too easy to jump back in
7. Maintaining too many conflicting treaties.
8. Multi-polar world (This really isn't "something wrong for me" but it makes things difficult for a lot of people = comedy gold)
9. Both real (hilariously) and faux moral outrage.
10. War started for no real reason.

It's just so funny.

[quote name='King DrunkWino' date='02 February 2010 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1265151049' post='2153975']
Whether or not someone thinks this war is fun depends completely on how much they tend to [b]enjoy rather ridiculous insanity[/b].
[/quote]

Enjoy it? It's my mission.

absolutely the most F'd up war ever, but thats not a bad thing.

i was in every major war dating back to the BLEU v NADC war and i always fought with anger over the politics on why the war was started whether i was on the winning side or losing side.

this war im having fun with my targets using PM, its more laid back and im loving it.

maybe im just starting to grow up during conflicts and dont take things so seriously anymore.

but i believe the fact that this war is so F'd up makes it easier.

im having a blast and i hope all my targets / attackers are doing the same.

then again, maybe its a byproduct of releasing testosterone that didnt get released during the no-war?

This very interesting war, is a result of what happens when alliance leaders loose their compass and just go all over the place in what they do. We be doing Leeeeerroooys, flippy floppies, all of the fun maneuvers.

This is a graphic of alliance leaderships actions in this war, created by the most advanced software technology in the field of political analytics (hope it helps):
[img]http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6716/72828555.png[/img]

Admin bless them, what a fun time.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Zizka' date='02 February 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1265145951' post='2153862']
I'm having a hell of a time myself.
[/quote]
I must say it's the same for me. Just seeing whole range of emotions in posts of people on OWF. From gloating to crying to gloating.

It's definitely strangest war ever. And most confusing. For me it is very fun as well even though GW2 and GW3 were more defined and antagonism was bigger.