GOONS Declaration of War

Sardonic

[quote name='Vilien' date='31 January 2010 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1264963045' post='2147963']
The Resistance and Aloha declared war on TORN. I wasn't aware that you had a treaty with either of those alliances.
[/quote]

Come on Vilien, don't be so pedantic. TORN declared war on the whole of C&G and there are multiple nations from =LOST= and MK (our allies) currently at war with TORN, via offensive and defensive wars. Is that enough for you?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='01 February 2010 - 10:13 AM' timestamp='1264983203' post='2148681']
Sad I know. You're just going to have to find other tech raid targets.
[/quote]
In the time between 11 November 2006 and the current date, my nation has never been engaged in a tech raid (it's been in plenty of wars tho' ;) )

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='31 January 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1264983389' post='2148688']
In the time between 11 November 2006 and the current date, my nation has never engaged in a tech raid. Been in plenty of wars tho' ;)
[/quote]

Then what the hell are you doing in GOONS? :P

[quote name='Biazt' date='31 January 2010 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1264967331' post='2148106']
Come on Vilien, don't be so pedantic. TORN declared war on the whole of C&G and there are multiple nations from =LOST= and MK (our allies) currently at war with TORN, via offensive and defensive wars. Is that enough for you?
[/quote]
My declaration of war was pretty clearly a response to aggressive alliance-wide attacks on TORN, and none of your allies fall into the category of alliances that undertook that action. If you were looking for an excuse to come after me, admit it. Don't give me some pathetic excuse instead.

[quote name='Vilien' date='01 February 2010 - 08:58 AM' timestamp='1265036291' post='2150463']
My declaration of war was pretty clearly a response to aggressive alliance-wide attacks on TORN, and none of your allies fall into the category of alliances that undertook that action. If you were looking for an excuse to come after me, admit it. Don't give me some pathetic excuse instead.
[/quote]

You need to rewrite your DoW sir. It is clear the clarity you claim doesn't exist.

[quote name='ChimpMasterFlash' date='01 February 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1265037027' post='2150491']
You need to rewrite your DoW sir. It is clear the clarity you claim doesn't exist.
[/quote]
Well, I guess we've cleared up that misunderstanding now. Peace would be in order, seeing as we have no real conflict.

[quote name='Vilien' date='01 February 2010 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1265037275' post='2150498']
Well, I guess we've cleared up that misunderstanding now. Peace would be in order, seeing as we have no real conflict.
[/quote]
Also can you include pictures when you write your new DoW?

Edited by ChimpMasterFlash

[quote name='ChimpMasterFlash' date='01 February 2010 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1265039931' post='2150561']
Also can you include pictures when you write your new DoW?
[/quote]
This may seem like a silly question, but did you read the post that you quoted?

[quote name='JT Jag' date='31 January 2010 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1264967338' post='2148107']
It's a coalition war, they hit our side, blah blah blah

Don't join a war if you are scared of being hit.
[/quote]

Considering your "side" and statement in defense of open declarations as part of coalition war, on top of your statement about being scared of being hit given your choice choice of targets I would think, yes indeed you just broke the irony meter...

[img]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/ausador/irony_meter.gif[/img]

..way to go Goons, those things are not cheap to replace. Damn it all!

Edited by SyndicatedINC

As official a statement as you'll get on the matter, Vilien, and something entirely too obvious for me to need to post here.

If you are interested in negotiating peace with GOONS, you'll need to contact us on our forums or IRC. Depending on how obnoxious you are, we may limit that to just forums so you can think before you press the "Post" button. We also do not take kindly to "We didn't mean to declare war on your allies, promise!", so this should be fun a negotiation, assuming you are actually interested in negotating peace and not just in making more opportunities to show off your "skill" as a forum warrior.

[quote name='salithus' date='01 February 2010 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1265044583' post='2150663']
As official a statement as you'll get on the matter, Vilien, and something entirely too obvious for me to need to post here.

If you are interested in negotiating peace with GOONS, you'll need to contact us on our forums or IRC. Depending on how obnoxious you are, we may limit that to just forums so you can think before you press the "Post" button. We also do not take kindly to "We didn't mean to declare war on your allies, promise!", so this should be fun a negotiation, assuming you are actually interested in negotating peace and not just in making more opportunities to show off your "skill" as a forum warrior.
[/quote]
I've already had preliminary discussions with your co-pilot which were entirely unsatisfactory. Assuming his attitude represents that of your government, your obstinate refusal to grant a reasonable peace is more than a little worrying, especially considering the fact that your alliance is in the wrong here. I'll be speaking with you later in the day, hopefully some of you will use that time to grow up.

[quote name='Vilien' date='01 February 2010 - 12:22 PM' timestamp='1265044965' post='2150670']
I've already had preliminary discussions with your co-pilot which were entirely unsatisfactory. Assuming his attitude represents that of your government, your obstinate refusal to grant a reasonable peace is more than a little worrying, especially considering the fact that your alliance is in the wrong here. I'll be speaking with you later in the day, hopefully some of you will use that time to grow up.
[/quote]

Sounds like you're going to be going the forum-only route.

[quote name='Vilien' date='01 February 2010 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1265037275' post='2150498']
[/quote]
You declared war on everyone who was at war with TORN, which includes our allies. Regardless of who your nations actually attack, you are still in a state of war with our allies. I don't know how to make this any clearer for you.

[quote name='Vilien' date='01 February 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1265044965' post='2150670']
especially considering the fact that your alliance is in the wrong here.
[/quote]
Ahahahah, this is so cute.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Vilien' date='01 February 2010 - 06:58 AM' timestamp='1265036291' post='2150463']
[/quote]

[quote name='Vilien' date='29 January 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1264806472' post='2142547']
The Moralist Front now faces war with our close friends in the Complaints and Grievances bloc.
*snip*
The Moralist Front recognizes a state of war with every alliance that has attacked and will attack our allies in The Order of Righteous Nations.
[/quote]

[b][i]Clearly.[/i][/b]

Especially since nations from both MK and LOST have attacked TORN.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='01 February 2010 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1265055249' post='2150925']
[b][i]Clearly.[/i][/b]

Especially since [b]nations[/b] from both MK and LOST have attacked TORN.
[/quote]
[quote name='Vilien' date='29 January 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1264806472' post='2142547']
The Moralist Front recognizes a state of war with every [b]alliance that has attacked[/b] and will attack our allies in The Order of Righteous Nations.
[/quote]
I don't know how to make this any easier for you to understand.

[quote name='Vilien' date='01 February 2010 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1265059300' post='2151056']
I don't know how to make this any easier for you to understand.
[/quote]

With your apparent gift for using words and being overspecific, there are [i]clearly[/i] a few ways you could have done so. However, I will take the cue from Chimp and invite you to discuss this further on our forums.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Sardonic' date='01 February 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1265060454' post='2151096']
Your pedantry insults us both.
[/quote]
I would think that one would care to pay attention to detail where an issue like war is concerned, but you and I both know that you don't require a justification to go after people you don't like.

[quote name='Vilien' date='01 February 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1265060685' post='2151110']
I would think that one would care to pay attention to detail where an issue like war is concerned, but you and I both know that you don't require a justification to go after people you don't like.
[/quote]

Someone mentioned an irony meter recently. It's not actually the word they meant to use, but the sentiment is still the same here.

[quote name='salithus' date='01 February 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1265067042' post='2151367']
Someone mentioned an irony meter recently. It's not actually the word they meant to use, but the sentiment is still the same here.
[/quote]
When have I attacked people I dislike without justification?