Meet the New Polaris

Schattenmann

polarbanner3.png

As the smell of powder and cries of the wounded once again fill the air, so too do the legion trumpets of Digiterra's aloof talking heads and tragically ignorant toadie trolls. As the armies of Polaris line up in formation to fight \m/, so too do the pen-wielders line up along the political spectrum to do battle of words.

The situation is, simply, tragic. It is tragic for the thinking man, who must sit on the sidelines (which is unacceptably dissatisfying) or pick between either of two despickable parties.

Arrayed against Polaris are the cries of opportunism, ages-old grudgery, moralistic oppression. We see the prime attack: That the Polar Emperor's words are pretty*, but that his claims of a guiding compass, of moral obligation, are just that: words. A thin veneer placed and arranged thus so to hide a grim, dangerous march not of noble ideals, but of domination.

To form our own educated conclusion, we might turn to history to help guide us:

Polaris has always stood for a core set of values and conducted itself within the Cyberverse accordingly. Ideals of loyalty, dignity, justice and honour have always been paramount within our culture and whilst we do not expect all to conform to our expectations, we can hope others could conduct themselves in a similar manner. Unfortunately this is not the case upon Planet Bob.

A certain alliance has acted in a manner disrespectful enough to warrant a lesson in decorum and Polaris is always happy to aid in such education.

As per request of our allies in the Confederacy of Imperial States, the New Polar Order declares war upon the Freebootin Pirate Insurgency.

Signed,

Emperor Calis von Assington of the New Polar Order, Commander of the Donkey Horde, Destroyer of Greener Pastures, teh $@!, Lord of the Wiggle, Keeper of the Imperial Liquor Cabinet, Also, teh Secks.

If you mistook that short statement to be Cliff's Notes of AlmightyGrub's DoW of last night, you're wrong, but blameless. It is in fact Polaris' declaration of war on the Freebootin' Pirate Insurgency, a short-lived venture of Jason8 (who gained notoriety as one of the faces of \m/ as it collapsed during the era of the Unjust Path.)

Nearly two years ago, it seems another Emperor in another era faced a similar question of principle. Yes, of principle. And we see that then, as now, Polaris gulped against the tight adam's apple, and stepped onto the field of battle in determined conviction of its morals. Now, as then, Polaris has been facde with the hard questions. I, myself, can take only comfort in the knowledge that the decision is the same: To make a stand and act upon her deepest convictions. While it may be the mouthpieces of Digiterra who call out our morals, and cement them in the minds of the rulers, it is those with the courage to act upon them that give them life.

Look carefully on these words out of time, dear friend, compare them to the present, and as you decide whether his words were words, or whether his words and actions are the stuff that makes great Alliances. Then, as AlmightyGrub has charged us: Think.

* pretty long :smug:

Edited by Schattenmann

Much better written than the last one.

My technical skill and your level of agreement with what I am writing are not the same.

edit: Though, to give you the benefit of the doubt, the other perspective piece was composed at 3:00AM and while I was working on something else. So, maybe this one does have more technical merit.

Edited by Schattenmann

Schattenmann, I am very upset-with/proud-of you for standing-up-for/dressing-down/illuminating the current events.

I am very disappointed in this historical-romance/farce/drama and would like to thank you for writing it.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Meet the new Schattenmann thread.

Same as the old Schattenmann thread.

Or how about:

If you mistook that short statement to be a repost of Schattenmann's thread of last night, you're wrong, but blameless.

The possibilities are endless!

I only hope everyone is having as much fun as I am. :v:Trompe l'oeil is after all the most fun a creator can have.