To preserve stability

Lynneth

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I do seem to recall the EU being decried for trying to take a protectorate over a region with which they lacked a treaty, yet now the world supports the GDR taking over the land of their former nemesis, even though an MDP partner of the Rheinmark is directly north of them. The world calls the EU hypocrites, and doesn't realize that they've become hypocrites themselves."

-HRH King James II

"I do seem to recall the EU being decried for trying to take a protectorate over a region with which they lacked a treaty, yet now the world supports the GDR taking over the land of their former nemesis, even though an MDP partner of the Rheinmark is directly north of them. The world calls the EU hypocrites, and doesn't realize that they've become hypocrites themselves."

-HRH King James II

"And how can a nation in the middle of a civil war take the time to comment on such issues, anyway?"

~Westly Davies, Duke of Perth

"And how can a nation in the middle of a civil war take the time to comment on such issues, anyway?"

~Westly Davies, Duke of Perth

"Because it takes all of five minutes to come up with a comment on something. I highly doubt those five minutes will make a difference in the war. Besides, there's no pretender forces advancing on us right now."

-HRH King James II

"Because it takes all of five minutes to come up with a comment on something. I highly doubt those five minutes will make a difference in the war. Besides, there's no pretender forces advancing on us right now."

-HRH King James II

But it takes considerably more than five minutes to maintain the effort to listen in on World Events. It is a constant effort. I should know--I was a leader of an entire nation at one point.

~Westly Davies

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

But it takes considerably more than five minutes to maintain the effort to listen in on World Events. It is a constant effort. I should know--I was a leader of an entire nation at one point.

~Westly Davies

And the King has no assistants or advisers who can keep updated to current world events. I like your logic.

~Westly Davies

"Yes, because I clearly do not have advisers, aides, and others that can keep an eye on things. I happen to have a capable foreign ministry, thank you."

-HRH King James II

And the King has no assistants or advisers who can keep updated to current world events. I like your logic.
"Yes, because I clearly do not have advisers, aides, and others that can keep an eye on things. I happen to have a capable foreign ministry, thank you."

-HRH King James II

"You place words in my mouth. A civil war tends to disrupt these kind of things. Unless you are merely pretending to be in the midst of a civil war? And you realize by transmitting this...you may be giving away your location to potential assassins."

~Westly Davies

"You place words in my mouth. A civil war tends to disrupt these kind of things. Unless you are merely pretending to be in the midst of a civil war? And you realize by transmitting this...you may be giving away your location to potential assassins."

~Westly Davies

"I am very aware. There have been seven attempts on my life since this conversation began. Six were unsuccessful, but the last one has ensured that I need to hire a new coffee boy."

-HRH King James II

"I am very aware. There have been seven attempts on my life since this conversation began. Six were unsuccessful, but the last one has ensured that I need to hire a new coffee boy."

-HRH King James II

"Then maybe you should focus more on keeping yourself and your staff safe..." (OOC said in a dry tone). But I refuse to endanger the lives of your subjects further by continuing this pointless conversation. Good day."

~Westly Davies

"Then maybe you should focus more on keeping yourself and your staff safe..." (OOC said in a dry tone). But I refuse to endanger the lives of your subjects further by continuing this pointless conversation. Good day."

~Westly Davies

In that case we ask the Caucasians what they like to watch on TV. :P

We're henceforth granting military passage to the EU for the duration of this situation, until we announce cancellation.

The occupation of Rheinmark by GDR is against the will of the local folk. Furthermore, being communist is probably something which makes them reject even more than the previous incarnations - how many have they been so far, in such a little time? - of this nation.

The protectorate should be held by nations which had been allied to Rheinmark, and not by an enemy, and continuing to occupy the nation is essentially an act of war against Rheinmark's people. Additionally, it seems all too convenient that GDR would be so ready to move in just as things happened, for all we know it could be a staged coup.

Rheinmark cannot be a GDR protectorate, else GDR will simply use that land to create a new nation aligned with it. Besides, not even we ourselves have a greater protectorate right over the region than the EU, which has more ties with the people, both legal and cultural.

Our troops have moved into the protectorate, but did not get far. It seems that GDR anticipated this move and blocked our advance. We have only been able to capture some of the northern parts, like 10% (If this is reasonable to you, Lynneth, your call. If you want, you can make a map).

Defending Rheinmark is the responsability of its allies and friends, not its former enemies and ideological opposites. Rheinmark did not abandon us, so we refuse to abandon them.

We would like to propose a meeting to discuss this situation.

Rheinmark cannot be a GDR protectorate, else GDR will simply use that land to create a new nation aligned with it.

Do you deny that you would do the same should you gain controol of the territory? No one wants an enemy to set up right next door.

~Anthony Harlem, Grand Duke

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Do you deny that you would do the same should you gain controol of the territory? No one wants an enemy to set up right next door.

"That is why we proposed a joint protectorate, requiring approval from GDR and either Germany or EU, to make sure that no party will use this terrain and these peoples to cause issues in Europe."

The occupation of Rheinmark by GDR is against the will of the local folk. Furthermore, being communist is probably something which makes them reject even more than the previous incarnations - how many have they been so far, in such a little time? - of this nation.

"We have nothing but giving them access to a better life in mind. You do not seem to realize that Rational Communism is not what your "red scare" communism is."

The protectorate should be held by nations which had been allied to Rheinmark, and not by an enemy, and continuing to occupy the nation is essentially an act of war against Rheinmark's people. Additionally, it seems all too convenient that GDR would be so ready to move in just as things happened, for all we know it could be a staged coup.

Rheinmark cannot be a GDR protectorate, else GDR will simply use that land to create a new nation aligned with it. Besides, not even we ourselves have a greater protectorate right over the region than the EU, which has more ties with the people, both legal and cultural.

"As a nation bordering Rheinmark directly, we feel we are better suited to protect the area than for example the EU. Our people are more closely related, and we are in the better situation to move supplies into the land. As for ideological concerns, we are aware that, as Nordlanders, they may dislike communism, but that is hardly a problem, we are protecting them, not forcing a coup. Other points were cleared up earlier, as well."

Our troops have moved into the protectorate, but did not get far. It seems that GDR anticipated this move and blocked our advance. We have only been able to capture some of the northern parts, like 10% (If this is reasonable to you, Lynneth, your call. If you want, you can make a map).

Defending Rheinmark is the responsability of its allies and friends, not its former enemies and ideological opposites. Rheinmark did not abandon us, so we refuse to abandon them.

We would like to propose a meeting to discuss this situation.

"Your troops have moved into a GDR protectorate days after our men (OOC: On my timescale, at least). Technically, this would be a declaration of war, but we are willing to let your troops administer the region that they have taken already. Have a map."

RheinMap2.png

OOC: Smaller version for mapmaking.

From our understanding of GDR's proposal, Deutschland has retaken the lands that had been given to Rheinmark, the lands north of Baden-Württemberg. We believe that this is a good situation.

***Classified Message to GDR***

We have interests in moving to the former Rheinmark area, with the exception of the city of Valkurheim. What does GDR think?

***Classified Message to GDR***

We have interests in moving to the former Rheinmark area, with the exception of the city of Valkurheim. What does GDR think?

*Classified reply*

"Currently, this is not possible, due to a threat of EU-intervention.

Later perhaps, though we would prefer natives to rise and lead again, instead of immigrating Belorussians."

*Classified reply*

"Currently, this is not possible, due to a threat of EU-intervention.

Later perhaps, though we would prefer natives to rise and lead again, instead of immigrating Belorussians."

***Classified Reply***

We wouldn't be sending Belarussians. Currently, our population within Valkurheim are either Anglo-Saxon, Hanseatics, or Germans, while those outside the city are Belorussians. We shall be given our outer territories to Belarus, so that what remains of White Ruthenia will be pure Germanic.

This will make most people happy, by solving the conflicts between us and Belarus, while having a neutral party (us) preventint EU from trying to enforce their power upon GDR. We shall be sending our Foreign Minister to work things out as soon as possible, so that we can establish a new state before things heat up.

"We have nothing but giving them access to a better life in mind. You do not seem to realize that Rational Communism is not what your "red scare" communism is."

"That is not our point of view, but rather the local's. Especially during anarchy and after a war."

"As a nation bordering Rheinmark directly, we feel we are better suited to protect the area than for example the EU. Our people are more closely related, and we are in the better situation to move supplies into the land. As for ideological concerns, we are aware that, as Nordlanders, they may dislike communism, but that is hardly a problem, we are protecting them, not forcing a coup. Other points were cleared up earlier, as well."

"If what you say here is truthful, you understand that in such a case we're even more suitable to protect them. In fact, it is our obligation to do so. I ask you to reconsider, a joint protectorate would be the best course of action. Not only for Rheinmark, but for Europe at large. What this means is that when somebody is to take land from the protectorate, both of us would need to agree. And joint-administration until the Land can be free. In this way, there's no need for any trouble."

We strongly support the EU in this matter. The Rheinmark is vehemently anti-communist and their people will not react well to communist occupation. In the interest of preserving life, we support the EU. Second, neither GDR nor Deutschland should be permitted to hold this as a protectorate as both will use it to base troops and will only increase tensions in the region.