Countdown to Athens Rep Payment

Bilrow

I refuse, fine gentleman

Why not? You guys said you would so you should. You attacked them unprovoked, and then you pull this !@#$ and when someone points it out, you try to change the topic to their past deeds. Right now, the least you could do is pay those reps.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? You guys said you would so you should. You attacked them unprovoked, and then you pull this !@#$ and when someone points it out, you try to change the topic to their past deeds. Right now, the least you could do is pay those reps.

We decided that the people who don't like us wouldn't like us anymore if we paid the reps, so why waste the money?

So many = everyone, now? When the sweet hell did I say that no one cares about Ni? When the hell did I say anything that you accused me of saying, actually? It certainly wasn't in the quote of mine you highlighted.

I didn't accuse you of saying anything, I asked questions, re read my post. Another question, you do accept that there are those who are righteously upset over the actions Athens took in this particular "tech" raid?

Rsox, you are most certainly a better person than to lower yourself to joking about these sorts of things, or so I thought.

And you're a smarter person than to take the OP seriously, or so I thought.

Next time you have an issue with the way Athens conducts its affairs, query me instead of putting on your most pious face and pontificating on the forums about what you think we're doing wrong.

And you're a smarter person than to take the OP seriously, or so I thought.

Next time you have an issue with the way Athens conducts its affairs, query me instead of putting on your most pious face and pontificating on the forums about what you think we're doing wrong.

Well, now, I did ask you at least once here if you were joking about attempting to stifle free speech by threatening to take away reparations and you never did respond with an affirmation or a denial, so why should I expect anything different by messaging you elsewhere?

EDIT: Also, as I said, I questioned the motivation behind the original post, going so far as to inform Bilrow in private message that I did, but it was a valid point of inquiry, as well as the later inquiry as to whether or not Athens would be using its own nations to pay its reparations. I didn't blindly believe it to be truth, if that's what you think.

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

Pretty lame Athens. Pretty lame. You're too slow to pay off the debts. But instead of just coming clean about it, you pretend this is all about Bilrow.

It's not about Bilrow. Pay your debts like you promised.

You skipped a good majority of this thread didn't you?

You skipped a good majority of this thread didn't you?

Ah. Turning to your next target are you? Seems like some are more interested in making ad hominem attacks than in actually answering questions about the lateness of the reps.

Ah. Turning to your next target are you? Seems like some are more interested in making ad hominem attacks than in actually answering questions about the lateness of the reps.

Uh...even I'm confused by your posting. Are you trying to turn what he said into an insult so you can argue with him?

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

How is that an ad hominem attack. If you had actually bothered to read through the whole thread you would know why Athens hasn't started reps payments yet. Apparently that's an attack on your character?

EDIT: typo

Edited by Matthew Conrad

The force is strong with this one.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm not sure why Bilrow made this thread, and I'm less sure about how it has made it to nearly 500 posts. I'm suppose I'm not helping, admittedly. +1 Bilrow, +1.

I read the first five pages. and the last five. I don't have time for more. Let me sum up what I read:

Athens claims that the lateness is due to Knights of Ni and that discussions are still underway. Bilrow countered that it was unlikely that it was the Knight of Ni due to their activity in making other tech deals. Then it is claimed that the Knights of Ni's leadership is inactive and they are responsible for the latenss of the reps. I haven't seen any logs, so I don't know what to make of it. I find it curious that the Knights of Ni would be so lax.

As well, for a while it looked like the NPO was going to be paying their reps. Seemed like some didn't like Bilrow posting the thread. Then Athens went back on that and now are saying that they will be paying the reps directly. Then Athens apparently didn't like the attention, so they decided to arbitrarily lower the reps every time Bilrow posted.

Did I miss anything?

I'm just curious as to why this discussion has revolved around Bilrow, instead of when Athens is going to be paying the reps. It has been 17 days after all.

I read the first five pages. and the last five. I don't have time for more. Let me sum up what I read:

Athens claims that the lateness is due to Knights of Ni and that discussions are still underway. Bilrow countered that it was unlikely that it was the Knight of Ni due to their activity in making other tech deals. Then it is claimed that the Knights of Ni's leadership is inactive and they are responsible for the latenss of the reps. I haven't seen any logs, so I don't know what to make of it. I find it curious that the Knights of Ni would be so lax.

As well, for a while it looked like the NPO was going to be paying their reps. Seemed like some didn't like Bilrow posting the thread. Then Athens went back on that and now are saying that they will be paying the reps directly. Then Athens apparently didn't like the attention, so they decided to arbitrarily lower the reps every time Bilrow posted.

Did I miss anything?

I'm just curious as to why this discussion has revolved around Bilrow, instead of when Athens is going to be paying the reps. It has been 17 days after all.

Probably pages 5-20

Did I miss anything?

Ni! is an AA who has never come under the public spotlight, why would it surprise you that they're inactive? They weren't even the first to respond to the raid themselves. General members doing tech deals in no way indicates these people are organized enough to conduct alliance wide business on (OOC: IRC) in a timely fashion most of us are used to when dealing with an active alliance.

The issue of reps has been resolved, along with your other questions. Some of us decided to call Bilrow out on his faux moral outrage, that's why some discussions concerned him.

EDIT: typo again

Edited by Matthew Conrad

I'm just curious as to why this discussion has revolved around Bilrow.

Because it is not Bilrow's place to make this inquiry, especially through such a public medium. To be frank.

If the Knights of Ni have an issue with it, then I'm confident that they can bring it to light by themselves. If Bilrow was seeking more information on the matter, all it takes is a conversation in private with a member of Athens' Government for him to find the answers - assuming they were willing to share the information with him, because it again, is not his business.

That's my take on this thread regardless of the situation between Athens and the Knights of Ni.

Edit: +2 Bilrow.

Edited by wilhelm the demented

Because it is not Bilrow's place to make this inquiry, especially through such a public medium. To be frank.

If the Knights of Ni have an issue with it, then I'm confident that they can bring it to light by themselves. If Bilrow was seeking more information on the matter, all it takes is a conversation in private with a member of Athens' Government for him to find the answers - assuming they were willing to share the information with him, because it again, is not his business.

That's my take on this thread regardless of the situation between Athens and the Knights of Ni.

Edit: +2 Bilrow.

Justice is everyone's business.

The issue of reps has been resolved, along with your other questions. Some of us decided to call Bilrow out on his faux moral outrage, that's why some discussions concerned him.

By resolving it, you mean lowering the reps every time someone dares interferes in Athens' personal business? It's bad enough that people stopped Athens from obliterating Knights of Ni. But how dare they question when Athens is going to pay up!