Medieval CNRP

Gnost Dural

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited, tell me what you think?

Eh, to make it easier, here is the scale:

0-500 Tech (Years 1000-1070) This is the default start point for new nations, with low Technology.

500-1500 Tech (Years 1300-1450)

1500-3500 Tech (Years 1450-1575)

i like this idea but couldnt the nations that are 500 and under have a better year like 1000-1234 or something

i like this idea but couldnt the nations that are 500 and under have a better year like 1000-1234 or something

No because the starting year is 1066 and generally this is the "Dark Ages". In this period most nations were formed and came into being.

Edited by Gnost Dural

Edited, tell me what you think?

Eh, to make it easier, here is the scale:

0-500 Tech (Years 1000-1070) This is the default start point for new nations, with low Technology.

500-1500 Tech (Years 1300-1450)

1500-3500 Tech (Years 1450-1575)

So what does a nation need to be in the 1070-1300 range?

Well, basically, the advantages of huge amounts of tech apply to wars and such, increased effectiveness, etc, etc.

Buuut... tech is more often called upon to determine how advanced one's nation is... limited only to physics and imagination (insert rainbow here).

Problem with this is that there is more than just physics and imagination capping one's technological superiority in CNRP[M]... its the time period.

Some one mentioned a max cut off of 3,500 which makes sense because back in the day if you hit a human with anything from this period (1000 to 1600 was it) it is pretty much the same, they are pretty much dead, be them an early cataphract in plate mail, a gothic knight, a middle ages knight, or a spanish conquistador (yes, ive placed this in order of early to later) since most weapons relied on the same principles, stabbing, slicing, chopping, smashing, impaling, etc.

The only real differences tech would actually bring to the battlefield would be in artillery (ballistas<trebuchets<cannons), light ballistics (Atlatl<Recurve/Longbow<Crossbow<Chu-ko-nu<Janissary Handcannon) and maybe a slight factor in armour (Cataphract platemail<Gothic Plate Armor<Maximillian Armour). Again, all of this is relative to time period, which really isn't fair to those with tech higher than the cap.

I propose that for every... lets say 500 or 1000 tech over the current cap, the RPer gets some kind of 'boon' to their kingdom, unrelated directly to the above mentionned factors for war, that you could pick from a community approved list.

Maybe they could be perks?

Like, one could be a decreased travel time of forces due to better horse breeding? Cities and castles could be harder to siege due to well built logistics and fortifications? Another could be increased build speeds for things like fortifications, etc, etc etc since these things are greatly hampered by not having trains, planes or orbital dropping stations :P

Of course, to prevent abuse, one would have to explicitly specify which 'perk' or 'boon' they choose in their factbook. Ie,lets say i have 2 k above cut off. I choose increased construction and travel, only to have my neighbour to invade me. I cannot simply say, oh no, I don't have build time anymore, I have better fortifications! Since what I chose would be in your Factbook.

Just a suggestion, and yes i know its leaving a lot of it up to the integrity of the RPers and its kind of confusing, etc etc.

Edited by Executive Minister

I'd prefer to keep things more simple, as outlined in the scale shown previously. While it would be nice to develop a set system of perks and boons, we've barely settled the debate on Tech Scaling and to start another one on what perks, when they should occur and what effect they should have, is not what is needed. We can revisit this at a later point, but for now I believe the current system suffices.

I'd prefer to keep things more simple, as outlined in the scale shown previously. While it would be nice to develop a set system of perks and boons, we've barely settled the debate on Tech Scaling and to start another one on what perks, when they should occur and what effect they should have, is not what is needed. We can revisit this at a later point, but for now I believe the current system suffices.

I totally agree... but its good to put it down somewhere where I know I won't forget it later.

How much do we ignore? Pikachurin has most of that...

I'm not talking about that part ;). I was going to post earlier, but I had to go and the forums decided to crap out for me again. I won't be taking all of Rubert's Land (yet). Here is the post.

Here are my land claims, with the nation name of Hudson's Bay Company.

Claims. *I accidentally left in the black lines for provinces.

EDIT: Could we have a link instead of a picture for the map in Post #1? Thanks!

Edited by JerreyRough

Franz has like... twice that amount. :P

Are there currently any rules on map claims?

Franz will have difficulty holding onto that much land if an invader attacks.

The general rule is don't be an idiot. The African land will be hard enough to defend for you on technically two continents and with all the islands you'll be stretching yourself quite far.

Franz will have difficulty holding onto that much land if an invader attacks.

The general rule is don't be an idiot. The African land will be hard enough to defend for you on technically two continents and with all the islands you'll be stretching yourself quite far.

Not to mention the cultural composition of all those lands do not make sense.