Announcement from Strategic Soultions Inc.

Elric

I learned late last night of a tragedy that took two of our members from us. We formed this group, and played this game, as friends. Now, CN-TE suddenly isn't very fun anymore. The majority of our group has expressed their desire to leave Planet Steve, a feeling that I share. A couple of our members that didn't have real-life relationships will continue on here. That is the main reason that I make this post at all. Despite the mercenary attitude of many who play this game, I ask that you give those that stay on a few days to find a new home. I don't know if others will delete nations or choose to fade away.

I am sure that some will return in the future. But our current adventure is over.

I have enjoyed getting to know people in Roman Empire, Kleos, and OrbitBlack. And was looking forward to renewing ties with old friends in the Fellowship. I offer my apologies that I cannot see to fruition the plans I was forming with some of you...but I feel certain that you will understand when you read this. Maybe you will persue them on your own.

There are tons of people that I have fought with, talked with, and have gotten to know a little better. Good luck to all of you.

I don't have anything profound to say. Just remember to enjoy the game in whatever fashion you choose to do so. Don't let it take control of you or let it affect you in a negative way (although sometimes that is hard when you play with passion).

Thanks to those who created and run the game. You have brought a lot of enjoyment to folks, despite their complaints :)

-BigKat-

I learned late last night of a tragedy that took two of our members from us. We formed this group, and played this game, as friends.

[ooc]I'm very sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to their families.

Real life sucks sometimes.[/ooc]

Planet Steve hardly got to know you, SSI.

I hope some of your people do stay on and find a good place to go.

BigKat, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It's a terrible feeling losing a friend.

We in OB liked you, and are sad to see you go, but understand the reasons and fully support you. If you choose to return, we'll welcome you back too.

Per discussion between myself and Gary, OB will step in to protect nations under the SSI affiliation for a period of one week until they can either find a new home, or take the reigns of the alliance.

Terrible...

I'm not sure how one would express the sympathies due to these things, over a forum. But, please know, all of you are in my prayers. -_-

The Flying Kiwis will also defend the remaining members of SSI, until such time as they know where they'd like to go from here. It will likewise defend Orbit Black against any wars which may result from their own defense of SSI.

Terrible...

I'm not sure how one would express the sympathies due to these things, over a forum. But, please know, all of you are in my prayers. -_-

The Flying Kiwis will also defend the remaining members of SSI, until such time as they know where they'd like to go from here. It will likewise defend Orbit Black against any wars which may result from their own defense of SSI.

And the Kiwis mates at WAPA will stand by them.

Sincere sympathy. RL is not so good sometimes.

Edited by andymac64

I am so sorry that I didn't see this until just now.

BigKat, I am so sorry for your loss; I wish you a strong heart and hopeful mind to seek resolution to this grim experience. I have enjoyed talking with you and getting to know you, and I hope to see your return. TE needs a BigKat.

o/ BigKat!

Come back to us when you're ready.

My condolences...

Life is neither cruel or kind & time never waits for anyone. Appreciate those lost for who they were and the wonderful gifts they brought to our lives. Most importantly, you need to take care of yourself in body, mind, and spirit. Understand and accept the hard times. Always staying positive. Act, think, be positive and you will find that even when you are stuck in your most darkest hour and you can't seem to find light, your inner glow and light will shine bright and guide you.

I wish you all the best and may you pass through these tough times stronger than before.

Thaisport

Edited by thaisport

So SSI could use some of that protection right about now:

http://tournament.cybernations.net/search_...earch=Strategic

*better URL ftw

Yeah, the raiders need to knock it off. If we weren't maximizing all our resources in our current conflict I would have loved to come to their aid. Nice show by the Flying Kiwis in offering to defend them.

My apologies.

An alliance mate just directed me to this thread. I did a tech raid on High King Diarmait 2 days ago because he was inactive, not realizing why, as outlined above. Truly this is a tragedy.

I offered peace after the raid as per TPF policy but if he continues to be inactive (7 days now) he won't be able to accept it and the slot will unfortunately appear as active until it expires on the 22nd.

Again, my apologies and condolences.

Edit: added expiration date.

Edited by bibliophile