Pope Paul VI Borghese dies in Vatican

Agostinho Neto

Statement from the Jerusalem Church:

We have a proposition to make to the Roman "Church:" Since we are not allowed in Rome, come to Jerusalem for a Papal Conclave to settle this. Bring an equal number of cardinals that we have so that the election will be fair.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"For a great period of time, since the death of Pope Paul VII (OOC: Someone RPed the Pope in I believe March, I have the threads showing this if I need evidence), the Hansa has declared itself independent from the various 'Catholic' Churches that exist. With a plethora of popes, anti-popes, and this Paul Borghese who we believe was only the creation of the Fascist regime in power trying to play to their population. I would like for this new Pope, Benedict if he has time in his schedule to make his way over to Brisbane or Apophis in Australia to perhaps think of reclaiming his children who have been without their Holy Pontiff for so long. The Hansa has always been a firm believer in the power and righteousness of Catholicism and it is a true shame that the Church has suffered as it has in the recent years. I hope sincerely that you will heed our wishes to come and speak with myself and my people. Catholicism it would seem is not dead, just yet and for that we lift our heads back up to the sky in hope."

-Potentate Hannah Asgiersson

OOC: I don't. After all, it's been a while since he really RP'd anything having to do with Alexius. It must be tiring to try and Rp two different entities.

OOC: It is. Frankly, I'm getting bored of Texas, as Otto hasn't been doing much. If I win this, I'll give Texas to Otto or Yawoo; if not, I'll just accept defeat. I'm still gonna RP the aftermath of the JPIII assassination and the accusation of Junio though regardless of how I do.

600pxnewspqrflagsvg.png

Comunicato Ufficiale del Governo Militare Repubblicano Italiano

Official Communique of the Italian Republican Military Government

The official position of the Republian Military Government on Alexius I is the following:

Alexius I is perceived by our Government as an hostile political figure. His accusations, behind-the-scene machinations and anti-Borghese sentiments have led us to consider him an enemy of the Republic and an enemy of the Italian People. He is an active threat to the sovereignty and the independence of our nation.

It would be a premature and irresponsible choice to lift the arrest warrant and allow him to step on Italian soil again.

The Italian Republic has no official state Religion, we are a secular nation where freedom of religion is guaranteed by the constitution, but we consider Roman Chatolicism (for its 2000 years old traditions), and Norse religion (for the historical ties between the Italian and the Germanic people it represents), the two major faiths our people beleive in. The political hostility expressed by Alexius I in the past goes far beyond freedom of religion, and is therefor incompatible with the law of the Italian Republic, and the position of the Republican Military Government.

Freedom of religion ends where the sovereignty of the Italian Republic begins.

Signed

Senatus Popolus Que Romanus

The Senate and the People of Rome

spqrb.jpg

It is widely known to Catholics in America and those in ecclessiastical provinces whose bishops were ordained by Archbishop Cardinal Patrick Wood that the Jerusalem Church is a false idol lead by an expressely political figure who has only ever served to divide, rather than unite the Church. It is why Archbishop Wood stands behind Pope Benedict as the rightful Heir of Peter.

600pxnewspqrflagsvg.png

Comunicato Ufficiale del Governo Militare Repubblicano Italiano

Official Communique of the Italian Republican Military Government

The official position of the Republian Military Government on Alexius I is the following:

Alexius I is perceived by our Government as an hostile political figure. His accusations, behind-the-scene machinations and anti-Borghese sentiments have led us to consider him an enemy of the Republic and an enemy of the Italian People. He is an active threat to the sovereignty and the independence of our nation.

It would be a premature and irresponsible choice to lift the arrest warrant and allow him to step on Italian soil again.

The Italian Republic has no official state Religion, we are a secular nation where freedom of religion is guaranteed by the constitution, but we consider Roman Chatolicism (for its 2000 years old traditions), and Norse religion (for the historical ties between the Italian and the Germanic people it represents), the two major faiths our people beleive in. The political hostility expressed by Alexius I in the past goes far beyond freedom of religion, and is therefor incompatible with the law of the Italian Republic, and the position of the Republican Military Government.

Freedom of religion ends where the sovereignty of the Italian Republic begins.

Signed

Senatus Popolus Que Romanus

The Senate and the People of Rome

spqrb.jpg

It is widely known to Catholics in America and those in ecclessiastical provinces whose bishops were ordained by Archbishop Cardinal Patrick Wood that the Jerusalem Church is a false idol lead by an expressely political figure who has only ever served to divide, rather than unite the Church. It is why Archbishop Wood stands behind Pope Benedict as the rightful Heir of Peter.

"The Church of Jerusalem and the Church of Rome have agreed to hold a Papal Conclave to decide which Pope will be considered the official Pope. Both have agreed to accept the result of this Conclave regardless of the outcome, and Zargathia has announced that we will respect that outcome as well. We ask Tahoe and the Italian Republic to follow suit and similarly announce to accept the decision of the Cardinals, even if that could mean that the Pope that is chosen would not be the Pope they officially support. We shall trust the judgment of the College of Cardinals in this sensitive matter."

fascistr.jpg

Gran Consiglio del Fascismo - Dipartimento per gli Affari Esteri

Great Council of Fascism - Department of Foreign Affairs

The Cardinal Rodolfo Torri will attend the Conclave. He will also represent the position of the Fascist Regime of Italica, which strongly supports the claims of the Church of Rome. However...the Grand Council of Fascism may decide not to comply with the final decision.

Edited by Arathog

OOC: I guess you guys are supposed to post in the Conclave thread as well. To be honest, I'm not sure how it's going to go down other than KC said that we'd RP the vote. So, go ahead and post there if you would and that might help things get started a bit.

Sorry for the OOC's :P

*Classified*

Queen Valkyrie: "The two candidates for the position of Christian Pope are meeting to see which one will succeed and become the next pope?"

Helzan General: "That is correct my Queen Valkyrie"

Queen Valkyrie: "Excellent prepare a team to depart immediately in an umarked cargo vessel, take one of the Hind-E's as well but remove the markings first. Once the location of the talks is found out strike the location and wipe out both parties. Leave no survivors"

Helzan General: "As you command"

***Classified***

"You know whever assassinated the last pope is still out there. Isn't there anything we can do?" Anderson said. Not that he was Catholic...but he had family who was, and he'd rather not have anything happen to shatter their faith.

Subtleknifewielder sat in his chair, thinking. "If the location of the meeting is publicly announced, send a private word of warning to whatever nation is hosting the conference to be on their guard, and present what evidence we have."

OOC: Very naughty, Kevz... :P

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

*Classified*

Mission cancelled. Zone too hot for inflitration. All forces are now at Defcon 1. Three Nuclear ICBM's have been prepared. Target is Jerusalem.

OOC: There now I am targetting the city not the leader and he can RP his survival if he wishes.

*Classified*

Mission cancelled. Zone too hot for inflitration. All forces are now at Defcon 1. Three Nuclear ICBM's have been prepared. Target is Jerusalem.

OOC: There now I am targetting the city not the leader and he can RP his survival if he wishes.

OOC: You know you're going to get killed so goddamned dead by me, Lavo and every christian and jewish and muslim nation if you fire nukes at Jerusalem?

Jesus, what do your leaders have against the church.