Pope Paul VI Borghese dies in Vatican

Agostinho Neto

Again, as we have stated, there is no split. We attest this to be true and desire no such split (which by the very divine nature of Christ's Church, there can be no such schism). While there may be Catholics, and indeed even Protestants who have not yet come home, when they do come home we will welcome them with the never ending stream of God's love and mercy.

"And yet, you declare someone an antipope mere moments after your inauguration. In the Vatican which, need we remind you, was little more than a museum open to the public before the coronation of Paul VII Borghese, in a country that prior to that very same inauguration denied the existence of the Roman Catholic Church, and has been rumored to arrest 'hundreds of priests, cardinals, journalists and religious activists across the nation'. If we were forced to choose at this point we would side with Pope Alexius I of the Church of Jerusalem, therefore we would urge you to reconsider your statements concerning Pope Alexius I and reach out to reunification of the Churches instead."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And yet, you declare someone an antipope mere moments after your inauguration. In the Vatican which, need we remind you, was little more than a museum open to the public before the coronation of Paul VII Borghese, in a country that prior to that very same inauguration denied the existence of the Roman Catholic Church, and has been rumored to arrest 'hundreds of priests, cardinals, journalists and religious activists across the nation'. If we were forced to choose at this point we would side with Pope Alexius I of the Church of Jerusalem, therefore we would urge you to reconsider your statements concerning Pope Alexius I and reach out to reunification of the Churches instead."

His Holiness is deeply disturbed by the manner in which you have been pressing your arguments. Namely, the slander that we have decried Alexius I as an "anti-pope". We have said nothing of the sort, but rather we have pointed out that this is seemingly the widely held belief by many people across the world. If it is true and such of his accounts are indeed fact, we merely urge the faithful to remain wary of his actions. We did not claim to agree to such a stand, nor do we think that he stands against the Roman Catholic Church. We feel he is a man of God, and a brother in Christ. We do not, however, recognize him as Pope. If this, in your eyes, makes him an anti-pope, than you have labeled him as such, but we have not seen that as an offense to God or the Church in Rome.

We are unconcerned with the worldly affairs of states and countries. We are concerned with the protection, welfare and spiritual needs of Christ's Church here on Earth. As of yet, we have seen only yourself take offense to the coronation of His Holiness. If this pope of yours whom you claim is true and right takes offense, let him take up his Cross and confer with me without interference from outside parties. His Holiness feels that what has been said in this matter, has been said.

May the peace of the Lord be upon you.

Edited by Gnost Dural

His Holiness is deeply disturbed by the manner in which you have been pressing your arguments. Namely, the slander that we have decried Alexius I as an "anti-pope". We have said nothing of the sort, but rather we have pointed out that this is seemingly the widely held belief by many people across the world. If it is true and such of his accounts are indeed fact, we merely urge the faithful to remain wary of his actions. We did not claim to agree to such a stand, nor do we think that he stands against the Roman Catholic Church. We feel he is a man of God, and a brother in Christ. We do not, however, recognize him as Pope. If this, in your eyes, makes him an anti-pope, than you have labeled him as such, but we have not seen that as an offense to God or the Church in Rome.

We are unconcerned with the worldly affairs of states and countries. We are concerned with the protection, welfare and spiritual needs of Christ's Church here on Earth. As of yet, we have seen only yourself take offense to the coronation of His Holiness. If this pope of yours whom you claim is true and right takes offense, let him take up his Cross and confer with me without interference from outside parties. His Holiness feels that what has been said in this matter, has been said.

"You refused to recognize Pope Alexius I. Thus, as it is commonly known that there can not be two Popes, you would call him an antipope even if the actual words are not spoken. And while we ourselves have no problem with your coronation either -- you would notice that we have properly titled both Pope Alexius I as well as Pope Benedict XVII as 'Pope' in previous communiques -- we felt the actions of Archbishop Wood were damaging enough to the Church that we may have jumped the gun in our initial reaction. As a whole however, our stance remains the same."

If this pope Alexius I is indeed not well liked, or rather likened to an anti-pope it would do well for His Holiness and indeed the faithful to remain separate from him. It is the stance of the Roman Catholic Church at this time that we do not accept any other Papacy other than the one that resides within the Apostolic Palace in the Vatican City. This has been the traditional seat of Christ's beloved Church for over 265 papal successors and we see no reason to challenge this time honored, and sacred tradition.
Why is there then, such widespread animosity toward the church of pope Alexius I at present? It seems that thus far many people seem to feel that this pope is somehow in disfavor. Furthermore, I assert once again the sacred tradition (which is of great importance to the Faith) that the natural and spiritual home of the Church resides within Rome. The only exception of this was the "Babylonian Captivity" in which the King of France held the pope hostage for political reasons until the Papacy again moved back to it's rightful spiritual home in Rome.

"The animosity is not as widespread as it appears. Those who condemn Alexius are a vocal minority, despite the fact that he was elected in a legitimate Papal Conclave."

"As Borghese has stated...you cannot do this in Rome without Alexius I being arrested. Are you willing to go to Alexius in Jerusalem to talk this over?"

His Holiness invites your Orthodox, to come into union with the Pope. The body of Christ has no divisions :P

Unfortunately the schism between the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox church goes back centuries. Our differences are far too great for us to reconcile at now.

"As Borghese has stated...you cannot do this in Rome without Alexius I being arrested. Are you willing to go to Alexius in Jerusalem to talk this over?"

This matter is currently being handled behind the scenes. We urge patience while the matter is resolved peacefully, and according to God's will.

Statement from the Jerusalem Catholic Church:

It should be known that His "Greatness" Junio Borghese is currently charged for involvement in the assassination of Pope John Paul III. It is also an obvious fact that Pope Alexis I was kicked out of Rome by the same Borghese because the ruthless Italian leader would not allow the Catholic faith to be freely practiced unless under their control. Borghese then held his own Papal Conclave, in which his cousin, Paul Borghese was elected as "Pope." This Pope did absolutely nothing, serving only as a tool to try to lure the Italian people to liking their Fascist dictator. Therefore, we consider this Pope Benedict XVII an antipope. However, those who have followed this series of Popes and wish to revert to our Church will be granted membership.

Oh, and also, if you knew the true forms of the Catholic Church, the funeral would be held four to six days after the Pope's death, followed by a period mourning. The Papal Conclave would occur a week after the death at the minimum.

OOC: Give me my Church! Pwetty Pwease :wub:

Edited by KingChris

The small Christian following in Dranagg has, and still, only recognizes the Rebel Virginia Pope, Pope bubba XII. Living or dead, none will replace him.

Every other pope is recognized as a anti-pope by them, and treated as such.

"You mean that maniac still has supporters?"

OOC: You're joking, right. Lulz...

OOC: No, he's not. Though the guy that created that character was probably joking with the name...

Statement from the Jerusalem Catholic Church:

It should be known that His "Greatness" Junio Borghese is currently charged for involvement in the assassination of Pope John Paul III. It is also an obvious fact that Pope Alexis I was kicked out of Rome by the same Borghese because the ruthless Italian leader would not allow the Catholic faith to be freely practiced unless under their control. Borghese then held his own Papal Conclave, in which his cousin, Paul Borghese was elected as "Pope." This Pope did absolutely nothing, serving only as a tool to try to lure the Italian people to liking their Fascist dictator. Therefore, we consider this Pope Benedict XVII an antipope. However, those who have followed this series of Popes and wish to revert to our Church will be granted membership.

Oh, and also, if you knew the true forms of the Catholic Church, the funeral would be held four to six days after the Pope's death, followed by a period mourning. The Papal Conclave would occur a week after the death at the minimum.

All of these are lies, starting with the very blatant lie about the assassination of the "Pope" John Paul III. Despite a complete lack of evidence of any kind whatsoever, you continue to call him an assassin and a murderer. Everything after is a continued lie. Shame upon the Jerusalem Catholic Church for spreading lies and aggressive behavior. Shame!

All of these are lies, starting with the very blatant lie about the assassination of the "Pope" John Paul III. Despite a complete lack of evidence of any kind whatsoever, you continue to call him an assassin and a murderer. Everything after is a continued lie. Shame upon the Jerusalem Catholic Church for spreading lies and aggressive behavior. Shame!

"There actually is evidence to support the claim, though we believe it may have been manipulated by whomever was the real assassin."

We would like to ask Alexius I, whom is calling whom an anti-pope now? His Holiness is in direct dialogue with pope Alexius I, and the vast majority of the world sees the Jerusalem Catholic Church as an illegitimate Church founded on the basis of worldly boastfulness and vanity of individuals. We believe that pope Alexius I is simply caught in the midst of a power struggle of a waning faction of the Church. We humbly invite Alexius to return to the fold, and accept the mercy and love that comes only through Christ.

Edited by Gnost Dural

We would like to ask Alexius I, whom is calling whom an anti-pope now? His Holiness is in direct dialogue with pope Alexius I, and the vast majority of the world sees the Jerusalem Catholic Church as an illegitimate Church founded on the basis of worldly boastfulness and vanity of individuals. We believe that pope Alexius I is simply caught in the midst of a power struggle of a waning faction of the Church. We humbly invite Alexius to return to the fold, and accept the mercy and love that comes only through Christ.

"Vast majority of the world? No, sorry."

OOC: I tried to figure out how to put this statement to IC, but I can't so I will just say it OOC. Anyhow, the only people in objection, are you and Amyante, and OOCly, Amyante and I are discussing how to get Alexius back to the Roman church as a Cardinal.

I'm under the impression OOC statements cannot be used as IC evidence, so that is why I told you.

"He is indeed correct, despite what a nation with diplomats who cannot even read calendars may say."

"No, we view the active opponents of Alexius to be a vocal minority. Prove it is otherwise."

OOC: I tried to figure out how to put this statement to IC, but I can't so I will just say it OOC. Anyhow, the only people in objection, are you and Amyante, and OOCly, Amyante and I are discussing how to get Alexius back to the Roman church as a Cardinal.

I'm under the impression OOC statements cannot be used as IC evidence, so that is why I told you.

OOC: OOC statements cannot be used as IC evidence, but there are some players who see fit to do so anyway. I'd be careful no matter who you talk to.

Including myself. bwahahahahahaha :awesome:

OOC: Sargun, I am not using OOC as evidence. There are a number of people who have supported Alexius in the past...they simply have yet to speak up.

So currently, Amyante and myself are simply the only supporters who have stated that they are supporters.