An Announcement from the Emperor of the Roman Empire

Folger Soldier

I guess I got here late but does anyone else think this reads like a classic student-betrays-teacher movie dialogue?

I'm the drunk, cussing, Irish one, Tibs is the dramatic one... sounds about right to me

this is oversimplification of the Tibs-Folger

Tibs gave a bad order. Folger shot him. Folger wins

Hurray!

But Folger made the mistake of not shooting to kill.

Honestly, I don't think I could kill you if I tried... CN has its conveniences like that.

Your dead Tibs, you just don't know it

Beware of Zombie-Tibs... he'll come back and I'll have my shotgun ready.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I thought I'd point something out.

This "MHA not liking RE" began when Tiberius attacked us Round 4, then attacked us round 5 and continually seeked to destroy us. We finally got one offensive in at the end of round 5 while also defending LE, and RE was planning to hit us again Round 6 even if we didn't hit them.

MHA likes to play a clean slate every new round, we like to play without treaties. Some people respect that more than others...

Cheers to clean slates!!! Tibs... you almost apply for it.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late reply, but I found this amusing.

Tiberius, you were like a shark in the water smelling blood every round with MHA. Had we not hit RE first this round, it would have been 3 straight rounds in a row you guys hit us first. So in essence, yes, you did cross that limit.

Don't act like your throne is above the cut of the rest and you won't create a divide between yourself and your members. When there is nothing between you and your people and you act superior to everyone else as well it makes couping and thus removing you from that throne all the more easier.

You lost, get over it. Go snivel in the corner and prepare your long list of attempts to direct alliances in your favor so that you may return to some means of power in which you can return to try and destroy MHA once again for all of the "betrayal" we've done to you and grief we've caused you, and probably monetary loss to psychiatrist bills you've had.

Caesar, Tiberius, what's next, Nero? Oh wait... Haha. Rome was burning under your rule and all you did was "step down" and hand the problem to someone else. Some emperor you are.

Of course we kept hitting you. You were closest to us in size two of those times, and before that we formed a group to even it out. It had nothing to do with OOC issues; the first two wars, in Rounds 5 and 6, I had no idea who was even in MHA anymore. As for my "stepping down" I'm so sorry that my life outside this game is more important to me then my life in the game. Why don't I just dump my girlfriend, quit my job, quit soccer, and start failing my classes so that I can devote 100% of my effort to this game! Brilliant! Or maybe, if you could put two and two together, you'd recognize that I retired at the beginning of September...which is when school starts...and soccer...and my school-year job. So yeah, of course I didn't have the time to put into this game. I personally think that my stepping down was a show of character strength; I knew I couldn't give RE 100%, so I gave it to someone who could.

Oh, and the psychiatrist crack was just pathetic. Making this OOC is completely uncalled for. You can mock my IC persona as much as you want, but saying stuff like that crosses a line. I've never made an OOC crack at anyone, because I don't think it has any place in a game.

As for "distance between myself and my members" I'd dispute that. I was probably one of the most interactive rulers in the game. I sent out mass-PM's to members every few days to keep them updated on the status of our alliance, and I openly invited them to PM me back with any questions or comments. My traditional closing line to a PM was:

"Feel free to PM me back with any questions."

You think MHA is special? That I would do everything in my power to destroy you? Not really. You were a continuous threat. Had you had a third the size you did, I wouldn't have paid you any attention. It's not about destroying you; it's about removing a threat to my alliance.

As for "distance between myself and my members" I'd dispute that. I was probably one of the most interactive rulers in the game. I sent out mass-PM's to members every few days to keep them updated on the status of our alliance, and I openly invited them to PM me back with any questions or comments. My traditional closing line to a PM was:

"Feel free to PM me back with any questions."

This, I can vouch for, he did have that line at the end of his pms and I took him up on the reply offer alot :D

This a direct quote of the UCMJ. The "lawful order" clause is an interpetation of law and not written into the UCMJ. The UCMJ does not distinquish between a "lawful order" and an order. That is what a judge or jury in a courts-martial will determine. The UCMJ assumes all orders are lawful.

I'll take your word for it, as I do not want to take the time to look it up. Also o7 to you for your service. Your words suggest that you were/are an officer, is that the case or a high ranking enlisted?

Dochartaigh, I have complete respect for your opinion. Overall, my frustration is with folks trying to impose their viewpoints, many times with "force", upon others. I completely understand your point about things remaining the same and getting stale. The other extreme, which is ultimately what I perceive you to suggest, is that all action is completely random each round. I don't think that is possible in a practical sense. Some organizations have differing attitudes and prevailing sentiments that will draw them close to some, and will polarize them from others. A bit of continuity can be fun, too (but your point is well taken). If your alliance chooses to not hold grudges, and really can accomplish that, then I applaud you. Not all groups want to do that, and others simply are incapable of that. Your last sentence is a nice summation of your thoughts. I simply wish there could be more tolerance for different styles of play.

Again, I have to agree with your thought process and conclusion. Let people play how they want to play, diversity adds to the game, it doesn't take away from it.

Late reply, but I found this amusing.

Tiberius, you were like a shark in the water smelling blood every round with MHA. Had we not hit RE first this round, it would have been 3 straight rounds in a row you guys hit us first. So in essence, yes, you did cross that limit.

Don't act like your throne is above the cut of the rest and you won't create a divide between yourself and your members. When there is nothing between you and your people and you act superior to everyone else as well it makes couping and thus removing you from that throne all the more easier.

You lost, get over it. Go snivel in the corner and prepare your long list of attempts to direct alliances in your favor so that you may return to some means of power in which you can return to try and destroy MHA once again for all of the "betrayal" we've done to you and grief we've caused you, and probably monetary loss to psychiatrist bills you've had.

Caesar, Tiberius, what's next, Nero? Oh wait... Haha. Rome was burning under your rule and all you did was "step down" and hand the problem to someone else. Some emperor you are.

How did it come to the point where the man who created the situation under which he brought down a Coalition/Bloc that I had put many hours, and even monetary support into, says things that I agree with to the point of feeling very friendly with him? Round 7 has been very very odd in many ways, but I think how quick Lonewolfe has gone from enemy to friend, and vice versa with Tibs ( to a degree ) is what I'll remember most this round.

Edit: Any chance we can get back to the beautiful blushing women? That was much more interesting than going around and around on what's done is done. Is there anything else that can be said on this issue? I want to get back to talking about something that will hold my attention better.

Edited by Gabryal

Dochartaigh, I have complete respect for your opinion. Overall, my frustration is with folks trying to impose their viewpoints, many times with "force", upon others. I completely understand your point about things remaining the same and getting stale. The other extreme, which is ultimately what I perceive you to suggest, is that all action is completely random each round. I don't think that is possible in a practical sense. Some organizations have differing attitudes and prevailing sentiments that will draw them close to some, and will polarize them from others. A bit of continuity can be fun, too (but your point is well taken). If your alliance chooses to not hold grudges, and really can accomplish that, then I applaud you. Not all groups want to do that, and others simply are incapable of that. Your last sentence is a nice summation of your thoughts. I simply wish there could be more tolerance for different styles of play.

i agree. i get frustrated over those who seek force their opinion onto others. this includes those who things treaties are ruining TE or that TE is strictly for war and war alone. Not everyone plays that way, nor should every only play that way. As for things being completely random, i would actually hope for that as it would make it much more dynamic playing as you will not be able to know what will happen. but in a sense that will never be since most alliances formed now will exist in the next round under the same name and many have existed for many rounds under the same name and many of those with the same leadership. Thus, it is difficult to disengage oneself fully from one round to the next. To be honest, not even myself could do that, as i know for a fact, had Folger not couped Tibs, and i knew of his manipulations, i would not be capable of trusting anything he said or did as leader of RE in the next round.

i agree. i get frustrated over those who seek force their opinion onto others. this includes those who things treaties are ruining TE or that TE is strictly for war and war alone. Not everyone plays that way, nor should every only play that way. As for things being completely random, i would actually hope for that as it would make it much more dynamic playing as you will not be able to know what will happen. but in a sense that will never be since most alliances formed now will exist in the next round under the same name and many have existed for many rounds under the same name and many of those with the same leadership. Thus, it is difficult to disengage oneself fully from one round to the next. To be honest, not even myself could do that, as i know for a fact, had Folger not couped Tibs, and i knew of his manipulations, i would not be capable of trusting anything he said or did as leader of RE in the next round.

I couldn't sleep.. had to say something...

/me clears throat... gargles whiskey

I did not coup Tibs... I was Emperor... I kicked Tibs... Not a coup, but a kick!

Perhaps we should make our wars through a game of ‘Spin the Bottle’… random enough for ya? HAHAHA

Naaaa, always keep an open mind that people change, determinations will shift, and the most anonymous of characters can make a name for themselves in less time than expected… (je suis ici!). The more time people spend drinking booze, the less time we’ll all have to hear each other squabble… hahaha… and the less time you’ll have to spend reading the posts of a drunken Irishman who is up WAY past his bedtime.

I have said my piece… now I go in peace… DRINK!!!

Edit: Need I say why?

Edited by Folger Soldier

Perhaps we should make our wars through a game of ‘Spin the Bottle’… random enough for ya? HAHAHA

Can we? I mean this kinda sounds like getting back to the beautiful blushing women thing...

I couldn't sleep.. had to say something...

/me clears throat... gargles whiskey

I did not coup Tibs... I was Emperor... I kicked Tibs... Not a coup, but a kick!

Naaaa, always keep an open mind that people change, determinations will shift, and the most anonymous of characters can make a name for themselves in less time than expected… (je suis ici!). The more time people spend drinking booze, the less time we’ll all have to hear each other squabble… hahaha… and the less time you’ll have to spend reading the posts of a drunken Irishman who is up WAY past his bedtime.

I have said my piece… now I go in peace… DRINK!!!

Edit: Need I say why?

So if it is "Spin the Bottle" does that mean we kiss instead of fight?

Can we? I mean this kinda sounds like getting back to the beautiful blushing women thing...

Hahaha... ALMOST!

So if it is "Spin the Bottle" does that mean we kiss instead of fight?

Dear Jebus NO!

I hope so :ehm:

... the closet light is on ...

Tiberius' theme song

It was the wicked and wild wind

Blew down the doors to let me in

Shattered windows and the sound of drums

People couldn't believe what I'd become

Revolutionaries wait

For my head on a silver plate

Just a puppet on a lonely string

Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing

Roman Cavalry choirs are singing

Be my mirror, my sword and shield

My missionaries in a foreign field

For some reason I can't explain

I know Saint Peter won't call my name

Never an honest word

But that was when I ruled the world

So fitting

Edited by Lysander

Somebody missed my thread commenting on him stepping down earlier this round... Better late than never Lysander?

*scratches head*...I don't think I saw that...och well, its still funny anyway.

Yeah, just read it. Funny and fitting. I will have to think of a song for you too btw...

Tyrant by One Republic

Walking on water seems parlays now you got my trust and it feels, and it feels like sabotage when I'm pulling triggers back on myself you know it is all I know, is all I know

And it feels so real from the outside looking in

And it feels so real from the outside

From the outtttt

From the outtt tyrant

Tyrant tyranttt

Feel capable of most anything this crippled bears gonna sing gonna bring you all the years is quick turn around look your shadows could could not beautiful lies for you is what they do ..

And it feels so real from the outside looking in

And it feels so real from the outside

From the outtttt

From the outtt tyrant

Tyrant tyranttt

I'll stay with apathy im blind but I can see the tyrant to the bone

I'll stay with apathy im blind but I can see

Don't justify me

Don't justify me

Don't justify meeeeeee

Champions

I've paid my dues -

Time after time -

I've done my sentence

But committed no crime -

And bad mistakes

I've made a few

I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -

But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends

And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -

We are the champions -

We are the champions

No time for losers

'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

I've taken my bows

And my curtain calls -

You(tibs) brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it

For Folger and RE

(more for tibs)

Cutting Crew 'I just died in your arms tonight'.

O'Jays 'Backstabbers'

Edited by Lysander

I prefer

I am the master of this game

And everybody knows my name

And i will gladly make you see

That you should not have messed with me

But you have thrown the gauntlet down

Only ? one who wears the crown

So i will gladly hunt you down

And i'm gonna stomp you into the ground

And you know it's true

I'm just better than you

See the fear that's in your eyes

I'll make you realise

Well oh yeah, here we go again

Looks like we're on the floor again

Hell yeah, here we go again

Cause i can't get away

I'll fight forever

I won't surrender

And i will always

Hunt you down

Down

Down

Down

Next time you open your mouth up

You better be ready to back it up

You better talk to all your friends

I bet you won't do this again

Cause when you chose to raise your hand

That's when a boy messed with a man

And i will hunt you down my friend

And i'm gonna tear you limb from limb

And you know it's true

I'm just better than you

I'll make you realise

Cause i can't get away

I'll fight forever

I won't surrender

And i will always

Hunt you down

(solo)

And you know it's true

I'm just better than you

I'll make you realise

Cause i can't get away

I'll fight forever

I won't surrender

And i will always

Hunt you down

Down

Down

Down

Nice, but I like mine too.

Here's a chance to show you how I feel

A chance for you to see it's real

To see just what I feel inside and who it is that's by my side

I will never change my mind

Try to torch me and you'll find

You can't turn me or deter me

No matter how you try

You can't burn me

[Chorus]

I know where I stand and what'll happen if you try it

I am FIREPROOF

I know my heart and I just can't deny it

I am FIREPROOF

I tried to tell you but you wouldn't be quiet

I am FIREPROOF

I'll never bow down and you won't buy it

I am FIREPROOF

Now you know what I'm all about

There's no chance I'll ever doubt

The only one who can control me

I extol the Almighty

You want me to put it on the line

And give yield to you this time

See but I won't compromise and I realize

It's my time to rise

[Chorus]

You'll never take me in the fire

You'll never take my own desire

Edited by Lysander

Hahaha...

THE ANTHEM OF THE FOLGER!!!

99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall!

99 Bottles of Beer!

Take one Down!

Pass it Around!

98 Bottle of Beer on the Wall!!!

Quit Lying Folger and trying to throw people off your whiskey trail...

It's really:

99 Bottles of Jack on the Wall

99 Bottles of Jack

He takes one down

then CHUGS it all DOWN

98 Bottles of Jack on the Wall...

(for those that don't know it's Jack Daniels whiskey)

Edited by thaisport