Cybernations Fantasy Draft

Kim Jaym Il

@desouza: Sorry to inform you, but any government with former NPO, NpO, FAN and Prodigal Chieftan combined will self combust in less than a month.

FAN cannot stand either NPO or NpO

PC cannot stand NPO or NpO

I agree.

I made my post on the presumption that they had no prior history, or that I could brainwash them, evaluating them over their psychology and skills.

Its fantasy after all.

You're the one who provided a basis for your self-appointment. I was just pointing out the shoddy logic of it.

And no, you couldn't prevent it.

Your argument was "Ivan couldn't pull it off". You pointed nothing, as there was never an alliance like that in the history of cybernations.

And you can't know that, can you?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But without prior history or with brainwash the experience/characters which would make them valuable members of government would no longer be there.

Having said that, having witnessed PC first hand after GW-1 i find it had to believe he had any redeeming qualities.

But without prior history or with brainwash the experience/characters which would make them valuable members of government would no longer be there.

You are correct in the sense that their personal contacts would no longer be there, but their psychology and their skills would remain. They would probably need to learn how to play CN, but im pretty confident that such a team would learn fast and do wonders while at it.

Having said that, having witnessed PC first hand after GW-1 i find it had to believe he had any redeeming qualities.

I find that his tendency towards expansionism would be an asset to the council.

Your argument was "Ivan couldn't pull it off". You pointed nothing, as there was never an alliance like that in the history of cybernations.

And you can't know that, can you?

I actually know the majority of the people you listed, and have worked directly with them or against them. I can say with some degree of authority of experience that you would not be able to do it, nor would Ivan, were he to try.

So, if you don't want to be called out on it, don't claim you can. A little hubris in a fantasy is understandable, but if you try to justify it with some kind of half-baked excuse, it's not unreasonable to be called out on it.

I actually know the majority of the people you listed, and have worked directly with them or against them. I can say with some degree of authority of experience that you would not be able to do it, nor would Ivan, were he to try.

I don't see why you would need to cite ivan to say that you thought those personalities were incompatible.

And there is a huge difference between working with and working against, which I find to be the key of your opinion.

You think that just because some of these people were (are) enemies in this game, that they would always be enemies if we could somehow go back in time and place themselves in the same alliance. They wouldnt. Thats rather deterministic of you. A lot of the enmity could be attributed to the fact that this is, for the most part a war game, and these guys are actually good at it.

So, if you don't want to be called out on it, don't claim you can. A little hubris in a fantasy is understandable, but if you try to justify it with some kind of half-baked excuse, it's not unreasonable to be called out on it.

You don't know what I am capable of.

I don't see why you would need to cite ivan to say that you thought those personalities were incompatible.

And there is a huge difference between working with and working against, which I find to be the key of your opinion.

You think that just because some of these people were (are) enemies in this game, that they would always be enemies if we could somehow go back in time and place themselves in the same alliance. They wouldnt. Thats rather deterministic of you. A lot of the enmity could be attributed to the fact that this is, for the most part a war game, and these guys are actually good at it.

You don't know what I am capable of.

If you think that's all there is to it, I would say I've got a pretty damn good handle of what you're capable of already.

If you think that's all there is to it, I would say I've got a pretty damn good handle of what you're capable of already.

I dont.

I said that was where you probably were coming from.

I have to guess (where you are coming from), since all you said was "Ivan couldnt do it".

Personal experience is only broad sweeping generalizations.

Thanks for clearing that up.

No, "personal experience" is called appeal to authority and is null in a logical debate. You have to do something more to prove your point, which (aside from saying "Ivan couldn't do it") you didn't.

No, "personal experience" is called appeal to authority and is null in a logical debate. You have to do something more to prove your point, which (aside from saying "Ivan couldn't do it") you didn't.

No, I'm saying you presume to do the job when Ivan is not sufficient for it. Moreover, my point is largely "You dont know what you're talking about", which you have yet to prove, outside of attempted credibility attacks, rather than explaining how you would pull that off.

Fantasy Draft

Regent: Almighty Grub

Vice Regent: Graham Keatley

MoIA: Moshea

dMoIA: Stetson

MoE: Penguin

dMoE: Azaghul

MoFA: 'Coursca

dMoFA: Alfred von Tirpitz

MoD: Bud

Intel: KingSuck

DoC: Schattenmann and/or Sir Paul (been thinking on that one for an unhealthy bit of time, and I still can't decide)

DoGM: Seerow

Art & Propaganda: Seipher Caim, Master of 9 Puppets, Nevik

Forum Presence: Hizzy, Heinous One, Joseph Thorne

The Perforated Version:

Overlord: Lord Bob

Mistress of Stabbing: Princess Ro

Warwench: Kryievla

Noob of Foreign Affairs: Deuterium_Dawn

Master of the Money Menagerie: Jaym

Mauling Coordinator: Moridin

Moose: Buuyo

Court Jester: Cookavich

The moment I saw my name listed Before Joseph Thorne's I winced and looked up in preparation for a lightning bolt from the sky to come down upon me. Working with him and Hizzy though would indeed be a blast.

You break my heart.

One more life goal achieved. :popcorn:

Emperor - Delta1212 - Bases his assessments and arguments on facts and has the ability to be level-headed in tense situations.

High Council - Xiphosis - Strong-willed but a good political thinker.

High Council - Bob Janova - Always says what I want to say but much more eloquently than myself.

High Council - Liquid Mercury - The guy's good at more than just military, people.

High Council - Almighty Grub - I like him.

High Council - Nelchael - You know the term "speak softly but carry a big stick"? Nelchael is this. And no, I didn't imply anything with "big stick", get your minds out of the gutter. <_<

Minister of Foreign Affairs - Dajobo or however you spell his damn name >_>

Minister of Defense - Steelrat - Knows his stuff. Very underrated.

Minister of Finance - Brother Kane - Knows his !@#$ and is a stat collector.

Minister of Growth - Essenia - Knows his !@#$ and keeps lots of stats; would work with Brother Kane for the most efficient alliance EVER

Minister of Internal Affairs - Van Hoo - Great internally

Minister of Propaganda - Sir Paul. No explanation needed.

Minister-at-large - Jason8 - As long as he quits attacking NSO he'd make a great all-around gov member. He's active as hell and pretty smart.

Minister-at-large - WarriorConcept - Active, knowledgeable, underrated, good guy.

Lion - His Royal Thickness - :thick: B)

King of Purple - Stumpy - I'm probably going to regret this decision.

Edited by Penkala

No, I'm saying you presume to do the job when Ivan is not sufficient for it.

No, you are saying that Ivan couldn't pull it off, that he is the standard for "doing the job", that everyone else is below him and are backing that claim with "personal experience" (nothing).

So in the end you said nothing.

Moreover, my point is largely "You dont know what you're talking about", which you have yet to prove, outside of attempted credibility attacks, rather than explaining how you would pull that off.

You are the one raising objections, and with that regard I don't really intend to prove anything.

I don't have to either, its fantasy draft.

That's quite an odd thing to add to a list. Go ahead, tell us why.

I only put it on there because there seems to be a love affair with him after the Karma War, despite him, arguably, not even doing that well. But that is old news, so we won't go into it. I just wanted to have a placeholder until I thought of a good MoD, so I chose to put that I was not following the trend of listing LM in that position.

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

That government is way too large. And I agree with Tyga, which is something I'm not used to doing.

That said:

High King: Lord of Destruction

Regent: F15pilotX

War: Teeters

Finance: Bakamitai

Diplomacy: SeasonsofLove

All people I trust, whether it be to get the job done or because I know them extremely well.

Thanks for the compliment. :3