Dragonisian Military Preparations

Maelstrom Vortex

ooc: To fix Zarfef's concerns: The able bodied population to wield such weapons has been armed and issued draft cards in case they may be summoned for selective service ^..^

Pravus: There's no breach in the rules. You're misreading rp for making citizens active combatants when they're simply being prepped for a likely draft. They'll be nowhere near as effective as the initial 120,000 soldiers as they're not fully trained and will be called up as replacements as the military diminishes in conflict, but not at the same rates.. as in all natural conflicts and wars. This is how armies renew themselves. If it gets bad enough, you're tail is kicked so hard you become little more than a resistance force of the relatively untrained and oppressed.

OOC: training SOME of your citizens turns them into military. Slapping a gun and a bomb in EVERYONE'S hands is a blatant, and disrespectful, rule violation as posted in the map thread. Not just on the fact is it not allowed on the CNRP rp guidelines, but also where exactly did you get enough ak-47's to arm EVERY citizen of Dragonisia? This isn't earth. There was no soviet union and china mass producing them to make them easy to get. Unless you supply a source I'm calling shenanigans on that. Also, if you are arming EVERY citizen, what is stopping violence from breaking out, or severe accidents, stemming from giving people live grenades and assault rifles? I hope you were planning on 5% of your population blowing up and shooting at the other 95% for such a foolish act.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooc: Yes Tahsir, I'm fully aware of the consequences of putting weapons into everyone's hands.. and that's partly why I've revised the RP to issue draft cards. They're not going to be fighting as armed combatants.. at least not for a while. And yes, I do realize there will likely be a rise in violent crime. When you're in a war you have to accept certain penalties to defend your state.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

ooc: If you noticed the gun first, I have bad news for you. :v:

OOC: I think it's good news if you noticed the gun before an underage cartoon. :v:

Though my first thought was, "That is an absurdly short skirt for combat". <__<

OOC:

PS. Mael and Bio, even if you have each other on ignore you still have to respond to attacks that you make on each others country. So ignore or not, if you refuse to recognize a warring party, they will advance in your country until you stop them or they take you over. Not saying you have to like each other, just saying to have to recognize the RP movements.

OOC: That is actually incorrect. If you completely un-recognize someone's RP, like I'm doing with the nords (I view them as white space on the map, they don't exist as far as I'm concerned, then the ignored party's RP has no reflection on your own RP whatsoever. They could post "I nuke your capital" and nothing would happen.

Being FORCED to RP with someone you want nothing to do with IC and OOC is bs, if you ask me.

OOC: That is actually incorrect. If you completely un-recognize someone's RP, like I'm doing with the nords (I view them as white space on the map, they don't exist as far as I'm concerned, then the ignored party's RP has no reflection on your own RP whatsoever. They could post "I nuke your capital" and nothing would happen.

Being FORCED to RP with someone you want nothing to do with IC and OOC is bs, if you ask me.

OOC: that is the cost of doing CNRP. If everyone can just ignore people that they don't want to RP with then its no longer CNRP. Its just 3 or 4 people Rping together with some other groups rping together, and nothing community at all.

ooc: If players do not treat each other with respect, there is only a facade of community, not real community at all. I can respect my IC enemies. They are still my friends. I don't have to badmouth them, call them liars, or tell them to their face I do not respect them as a person every time I have a war with them. They do not have to tolerate me treating them that way. Which is exactly why I don't embrace that kind of behavior and treat everyone with respect and expect the same in kind.

OOC: Since everyone wants to have an input...

In terms of gun policy, I RP most of my citizens as thought as they were crazy gun-nutters (think a typical RNA libertarian without the religious rhetoric). If I am invaded, the invading troops WILL expect a salvo of AR-15's, Sniper Rifles, even RPG's and AA's. Will I expect that to have any significant effect in the outcome? No, but it makes for an RP with more flavor and my opponents will have to RP a little bit smarter. :) If necessary, I'd RP part of my IG army as some sort of special militia unit just to re-enforce the fact that my country does not have a strong central government but has a well-equipped citizenry.

So, I'm of the opinion that "everyone has a gun lol" shouldn't really have a significant impact on outcome, but it's great for flavor and more proper RP.

ooc: If you noticed the gun first, I have bad news for you. :v:

OOC: I noticed the girl first...then the gun. :ph34r:

Anyways, I dont really equip my citizenry with weapons, just basic weapon training but so basic that they can't use it to rebel against the federal government so they can enlist in the Army if needed be. I do, however, have them registered in a 'National Selective Service' database so my government can know who would be eligible for military service and whatnots.

Just my pointless two cents.

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: Come now people. Mudd said it was okay, and since he will likely be leading the charge into the DE if the war gets that far, I think that bears a certain weight in Mael's favor. Would it really kill you to add an extra 100 casualties to your troops from villagers who got lucky with a grenade? If you were going to win the war without this, you are still going to win if this program is put in place. If it at all changes the course of the war, I would be totally against this, but since it won't, just let Mael waste weapons on civilians that should really be going towards the military.

OOC: Of course the Loophole for this is that every time you lose a soldier one of your citizens steps forward to continue the fight as that isn't breaking the rules as your civilian becomes a soldier.

Reminds me of Call of Duty for the Russians.

Commisar: "First man gets a rifle, the second man gets the ammo. When the first man dies the second picks up the rifle and continues the fight".

OOC: You mean Enemy at the Gates, the movie with Jude Law and Rachel Weisz :awesome:

OOC: I think it's good news if you noticed the gun before an underage cartoon. :v:

Though my first thought was, "That is an absurdly short skirt for combat". <__<

OOC: Actually what Sarah says is correct. Recognize it or lose your land. Plain simple ancient rules.

ooc: If players do not treat each other with respect, there is only a facade of community, not real community at all. I can respect my IC enemies. They are still my friends. I don't have to badmouth them, call them liars, or tell them to their face I do not respect them as a person every time I have a war with them. They do not have to tolerate me treating them that way. Which is exactly why I don't embrace that kind of behavior and treat everyone with respect and expect the same in kind.

OOC: Listen to this man people.

The truth is...this is supposed to be an IC forum. I can count the number of IC posts in this thread on one hand. Therefore I am moving this to the Open Nation RP forum.

Maesltrom Vortex, if you want to post it again here, feel free to do so, but please try to keep any new thread to a minimum.