Recognition of war

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This redundant practice of making FA/political moves simply to incite not debate, but useless insults back and for is growing tiresome. This is a GAME. Perhaps you have forgotten what that means?

Means you use the basis of the game to amuse yourself, whether it be war, or snide comments on the forums. I've learned a long time ago that the sort of argument you're making is not only ineffective, it's just wrong and if it's all you have to fall back on, maybe you should learn to live with it.

As for the general subject of this war, well okay I guess it's cool.

So, tell me, as a member of NSO, *non-quotable-snip*

This redundant practice of making FA/political moves simply to incite not debate, but useless insults back and for is growing tiresome. This is a GAME. Perhaps you have forgotten what that means? Yes, I'm sure other people have mentioned this many times by now in this thread alone *non-quotable-snip*

[ooc]I actually act this way in real life. If you can't take this stuff light-heartedly and make a few dry cracks, you need to take a step back and relax.[/ooc] If I were in RAD and acting this way, would you still be up in arms over it, or would you be holding your sides due to the agony caused by your sycophantic guffaws?

One does wonder about the numerous double standards this situation has revealed folks possessing.

[ooc]I actually act this way in real life. If you can't take this stuff light-heartedly and make a few dry cracks, you need to take a step back and relax.[/ooc] If I were in RAD and acting this way, would you still be up in arms over it, or would you be holding your sides due to the agony caused by your sycophantic guffaws?

One does wonder about the numerous double standards this situation has revealed folks possessing.

If RAD was the one that had their heads up their ***, I'm sure RAD would be the one taking Vesalius' heat.

However, it is not RAD, it is you.

If RAD was the one that had their heads up their ***, I'm sure RAD would be the one taking Vesalius' heat.

However, it is not RAD, it is you.

You'll excuse me for finding that unlikely, considering the fact he cited my alliance as a motive for my general "attitude". Moreover, I cant help but note the irony of you all defending RAD when frankly they dont really need, nor are they asking for it.

I'd say you folks should consider butting out, but that would elicit a rather annoying chorus of "OMG CENSURE!!!!"

As for the general subject of this war, well okay I guess it's cool.

You guess it's cool? RAD played a joke, albeit a fairly bad idea, but the NSO reaction is very extreme. Reminiscent of a school expelling a girl for "Possession of a Controlled Substance" for having birth control. Yes, it is technically against a rule, and yes they technically have the right to suspend her, but anyone with half a brain can tell that's morally wrong and extreme.

You guess it's cool? RAD played a joke, albeit a fairly bad idea, but the NSO reaction is very extreme. Reminiscent of a school expelling a girl for "Possession of a Controlled Substance" for having birth control. Yes, it is technically against a rule, and yes they technically have the right to suspend her, but anyone with half a brain can tell that's morally wrong and extreme.

There are no morals in Cybernations. Get with the program :P

You'll excuse me for finding that unlikely, considering the fact he cited my alliance as a motive for my general "attitude". Moreover, I cant help but note the irony of you all defending RAD when frankly they dont really need, nor are they asking for it.

I'd say you folks should consider butting out, but that would elicit a rather annoying chorus of "OMG CENSURE!!!!"

Good, I'm glad you are able to recognize the right others besides yourself have of expressing their opinions here.

Good, I'm glad you are able to recognize the right others besides yourself have of expressing their opinions here.

Im an !@#$%^&, not a tyrant. ;)

I'm pretty sure that may because the general state of mind I've found to be of NSO is that of an $@!, while of RAD is a goof.

So, once again, would you still be trash talking RAD for allowing me to hypothetically act like that as a member? Or would you all be laughing sycophantically at my wittiness?

Edited by Chron

What about people with a whole brain?

Ah, so it's wrong for anyone else to defend a moral standard they feel is being violated?

If RAD were being ***** about this situation, they would be receiving just as much heat. However, they're not. So guess what? I'm not giving them any grief.

I cited your alliance as being full of people that regularly degrade decent debate to flame storms. I like debate, I'd love to see more civil debates, so please, do some of here a favor, and quit being an ***. (and no, I'm not saying or implying NSO are the only ****** here)

I see no double standard in that, simple falsehoods presented by yourself.

So, once again, would you still be trash talking RAD for allowing me to hypothetically act like that as a member? Or would you all be laughing sycophantically at my wittiness?

I've already stated my opinion on that matter; if RAD allowed all of their members to act like asses, no, I would not be taking their side.

Ah, so it's wrong for anyone else to defend a moral standard they feel is being violated?

If RAD were being ***** about this situation, they would be receiving just as much heat. However, they're not. So guess what? I'm not giving them any grief.

Were not being "*****" about this either, so I dont see what standard youre basing your clearly well-researched findings upon.
I cited your alliance as being full of people that regularly degrade decent debate to flame storms. I like debate, I'd love to see more civil debates, so please, do some of here a favor, and quit being an ***. (and no, I'm not saying or implying NSO are the only ****** here)
Decent debate? Kid, I think you just demonstrated for everyone to see just how completely oblivious to what you're talking about with this phrase right here.

Civil Debate? [ooc]Not in my OWF![/ooc]

So, then you should be able to answer the question which questions whether or not you are having those double standards? I can pretty much guarantee that we NSO members would still be acting the same regardless of what our AA is. Would you be just as critical? And making such blatantly wrong-faced assumptions and statements?
I've already stated my opinion on that matter; if RAD allowed all of their members to act like asses, no, I would not be taking their side.

Define asses for the class. Please. I would love to see your definition, and the mental gymnastics it would take to have it apply to only us.

Tell me how close I am:

Asses (Ah-zuz) n.: Member of an alliance lead by Ivan Moldavi.
Edited by Chron

Well they apparently do allow that or we wouldn't have been attacked in the first place.

We haven't been the ones bogging this "debate" down into the realms of inanity. You, on the other hand, are doing a pretty good job of it. I don't care what your morals are or what you feel is being violated. I think your preconceptions of our alliance is clouding your judgment, or your morals standards are completely ludicrous, because I can't divine any way in which we've violated any common "moral standard." Most of which are, of course, a complete crock anyway, and generally enforced for the sake of homogeneity.

Are you suggesting that RAD does not allow their members to act like asses?

Oh, we're allowed to act however we want as long as it falls under the charter.

Were not being "*****" about this either, so I dont see what standard youre basing your clearly well-researched findings upon.

Decent debate? Kid, I think you just demonstrated for everyone to see just how completely oblivious to what you're talking about with this phrase right here.

Civil Debate? [ooc]Not in my OWF![/ooc]

So, then you should be able to answer the question which questions whether or not you are having those double standards? I can pretty much guarantee that we NSO members would still be acting the same regardless of what our AA is. Would you be just as critical? And making such blatantly wrong-faced assumptions and statements?

Ha, you have a jaded sense of civility if you can honestly look back on your previous posts and say you aren't being an ***.

You're right, decent was a poor word choice, civil is much better.

I have answered this "question which questions", plainly, several times. I don't care what your AA is, you're degrading civil debate with personal attacks, slander, chiding, etc... As a result, I'm criticizing your actions. I've already stated the only reason I mentioned your AA is it's public face uses the same tactics, with little exception. If RAD were doing the same, I would be just as critical.

He means the way Jason8 acted, which lead to this mess.

That's only part of it. The lack of a diplomatic approach on your (NSO) part is the other. But Diplomacy is so over rated. Who needs that?

edit; left out a word.

Edited by Emperor Marx

I have answered this "question which questions", plainly, several times. I don't care what your AA is, you're degrading civil debate with personal attacks, slander, chiding, etc... As a result, I'm criticizing your actions. I've already stated the only reason I mentioned your AA is it's public face uses the same tactics, with little exception. If RAD were doing the same, I would be just as critical.

Hypocrisy, I would like you to meet Vesalius. Vesalius, hypocrisy.