The Dawn of a new era for Sparta

I think the clause about secession being a crime punishable by war is comical. On Planet Bob, there are two constants - GGA doing poorly and people wanting to create new alliances. Do you honestly care about your statistics so much that you're willing to hinder the ability of nations to try to build something with friends?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the clause about secession being a crime punishable by war is comical. On Planet Bob, there are two constants - GGA doing poorly and people wanting to create new alliances. Do you honestly care about your statistics so much that you're willing to hinder the ability of nations to try to build something with friends?

If you don't allow poaching from the outside, why would you tolerate it from the inside? If you disagree and find it comical..then so be it. To each their own. :)

Secession without prior consent to the government is illegal under our charter. 99% of our members leave on good terms as we aren't ones to prevent people from playing with friends. There is a reason a clause is in there allowing friends to leave to form their own alliances as long as they inform the government beforehand so we can clear up any outstanding debts and replace their positions within the alliance. (OOC: The RL equivalent is somewhat like putting in your 2 week notice except that it only applies to an entire group leaving in our case. It's common courtesy and helps both sides leave on amicable terms).

Secession without prior consent to the government is illegal under our charter. 99% of our members leave on good terms as we aren't ones to prevent people from playing with friends. There is a reason a clause is in there allowing friends to leave to form their own alliances as long as they inform the government beforehand so we can clear up any outstanding debts and replace their positions within the alliance. (OOC: The RL equivalent is somewhat like putting in your 2 week notice except that it only applies to an entire group leaving in our case. It's common courtesy and helps both sides leave on amicable terms).

Pretty sure people who don't give their two weeks don't find a bookie knocking on their door as soon as they quit.

EDIT: As far as the clause about ghosts goes, I mean, if you want to fail@commas, don't let me stop you.

Edited by Duke Atreides

Pretty sure people who don't give their two weeks don't find a bookie knocking on their door as soon as they quit.

EDIT: As far as the clause about ghosts goes, I mean, if you want to fail@commas, don't let me stop you.

If, they, left, to, start, a, rival, business, and, took, some, of, their, co-workers,, they, would, certainly, have, some, splainin', to, do,.

,And, don't, worry, we, won't, :),.

If, they, left, to, start, a, rival, business, and, took, some, of, their, co-workers,, they, would, certainly, have, some, splainin', to, do,.

,And, don't, worry, we, won't, :),.

Not really... I mean, if the executive of the first company didn't mind prosecution, sure, but am I to believe that Sparta's nothing more than a bunch of thugs? Oh, wait...

Not really... I mean, if the executive of the first company didn't mind prosecution, sure, but am I to believe that Sparta's nothing more than a bunch of thugs? Oh, wait...

Sure, it wouldn't matter at this point considering you resorted to the "your point is invalid because of grammar" argument. If that's all you have left in your warchest, these random tangents of name calling you go on isn't entirely unexpected. Then again, predictability does follow foolishness.

Wait. You don't like us? And here I thought you were bringing up valid concerns about our constitution. Silly me.

We want people to let us know if they plan on leaving with other Spartans. If they are on the up and up, there will be no problems. It's always a contentious time and we think it's a good idea to officially lay out the proper procedure for such a situation. I know. We're totally evil.,,,,,,

Well this thread has gone nicely since I stopped posting. Clearly it was only my beacon of reason and justice that kept it from devolving into madness.

EDIT: Also thank you for clearing up my questions, it's good to understand where people are coming from.

Edited by AgentofChaos

Well this thread has gone nicely since I stopped posting. Clearly it was only my beacon of reason and justice that kept it from devolving into madness.

EDIT: Also thank you for clearing up my questions, it's good to understand where people are coming from.

madness???

you surely do not realize what thread you are in -.-

Someone say something about chocolate milk? Cause I'd love me some of that sweet nectar of life heaven.

Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to compliment the new charter on it's pretty pictures and outstanding use of the word "the".

See a compliment, was that so hard?

Someone say something about chocolate milk? Cause I'd love me some of that sweet nectar of life heaven.

Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to compliment the new charter on it's pretty pictures and outstanding use of the word "the".

See a compliment, was that so hard?

CHOCOLAYYYYTE MAYALK

solace you know the perfect way to celebrate

Edited by el coggins