War Range Change

Since TE is a special version of CN, I think that the war ranges should be different than in regular CN. They are. However, the use of 50%-200% in TE leaves a HUGE opening for tech raiders, as they can attack a nation with half their infrastructure and in 2 attacks cripple them beyond hope of effective retailiation. I think that changing the war range could make tech raids a more even fight.

New war range:

75%-200%

That way, small nations can still declare up if they desire, however a small nation would never have to deal with an attacker twice his size. Essentially the smaller nation has a chance to win a tech raid, as the largest possible opponent will only be 4/3 his size, UNLESS the smaller nation is the aggressor. There are many circumstances where attacking up is viable, but attacking down to half your size, in TE where half means more at the sizes involved (improvements, ect), is unfair INHO, and should be stopped.

• 1 month later...

No limits. Period. I mean, there's already a limit of not being able to attack someone if they have under 5%, and it is a "war" game, why not make it a bit more realistic and allow for unlimited wars with no limits to who you can attack?

• 3 weeks later...
I think the declaration range in TE should be the same as in Standard: 75%/150%. It would make the game more competitive. Having 3 nations twice your size from a larger group quadding you at update is a trifle daunting.

the standard declaration range is 75%/133%, not 75/150

No limits. Period. I mean, there's already a limit of not being able to attack someone if they have under 5%, and it is a "war" game, why not make it a bit more realistic and allow for unlimited wars with no limits to who you can attack?

This would be bad. Weak nations could declare on really strong ones for fun and it would take up slots for actual aggressors. Also tech raids would go crazy. However, I do believe 50-200% is good; TE is war, and there has to be a larger range of attack.

• 1 year later...

I was going to post this in another topic, but this fits best here by far:

I think the lower war range is too high. 50% is too much for CNTE. Unlike CNS where a lower NS nation could actually have more money than a nation at 35-50% of their NS.

In CNTE there is [u]no possible way[/u] with 60 days that anyone could do this.

I think it should be more like 25% to 30% or so. In this current CNTE round (16) I declared on one person like 15-20% or so higher, but the other two I did were more like 40% lower or more maybe. Since their alliance was doing the same thing to our guys and I didn't have much of a problem with it. But after I started fighting they were done very, very fast. So it's not really any fun really, especially for them. I'm sure I must have been netting 35-40% more money than them (really 50% if I didn't have so many nukes). Played Round 1-8 or through 10, this is the first time I've been back and really started to think about this.

I didn't have someone declare on me (yet) that was way higher this round, but if they did while I was fighting even 2 people with them making 35-50% more then you just can't compete.
However the biggest problem with someone declaring on you who is 35-50% higher is you're guaranteed with that much of a gap for them to have at the [u]very least[/u] [b]2 times[/b] as many Improvements, sometimes 130%+ more. That makes it really, really hard to fight back, even without the extra money. Which would mean of course they have a fair amount more Infra than you, so they have more of a population than you, so more soldiers.

So really I think it should be 25%, but 30% would be good also. So I guess that would be stated as 75% - 200%. In my other post I don't have a problem with it being [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=87771&view=findpost&p=2692165"][color="#0000FF"]225% above you[/color][/url], maybe up to 250% though.

Edited by Tz30

The 200% allows to many rogues at the end of the round, it's lame.

I mean i saw a guy with less then a 1000 infras and under 200 tech declare on someone with 3499 infras and 500 tech with a navy. I mean that's crap.

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1303280046' post='2694437']
The 200% allows to many rogues at the end of the round, it's lame.

I mean i saw a guy with less then a 1000 infras and under 200 tech declare on someone with 3499 infras and 500 tech with a navy. I mean that's crap.
[/quote]

Wow, after you posting those numbers then I change my mind on the 200% +. With the 200% number I've never really thought about how much bigger that "really is".

I assume they would attack only because they had a nukes. Other than that there is really nothing they could do. Well unless they actually coordinated attacks and the 200% guy was down to like 3-5 planes, but they would be such better planes though.

Maybe the admin could set it as if the 150%-200% nation would have one of those laser planes that shoot nukes (& or CM's) out of the sky. They would have a 98% chance of blocking all nukes from a 150% nation, or maybe 175% + ones. I mean they do have those planes in the test phase, at least that's the last I heard. If the US (RL) did actually scrap that project then the US admins (RL) are morons.

Edited by Tz30

Underdog attacks can hurt. Someone roguing someone else twice his side will still do a hell lot of damage.

But I still think that 200% should be allowed. Most flag runners can still hang way above everyone else if they've built properly, 150% gives them no chance. Maybe increase the minimum to 75%, though, especially now that there's a big advantage to raiding.