A Short Announcement from the GDA

Didn't know that in Sparta, members don't need to follow the rules.

I kind of doubt Sparta is the only alliance that would cut members that they consider valuable a bit more slack. Or, you know, be willing to pay a small amount of reps in case they screwed something up. In fact, I'd say just about every alliance would.

Interestingly, it looks like GDA is one of them, you just didn't consider the members expelled to be hugely valuable. So your comment is just silly :)

Glad to see this resolved.

Edited by Aurion

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not recently, at least not that I know of.

Well its good to see such diligent research was done in considering all this....

Hey, I did the "crime" I'll do the time.

And

to Schattenmann....I'm not pissed at my buddy. He needed the aid to "survive." In times of "war" you truly see who your buddies and allies really are.

Deja:

tl;dr, GDA was offered the opportunity to pay reparations to Sparta for aiding the NPO. GDA bailed at the last second and instead booted the two members. The bottom line, it was a classy move by Sparta not to just roll GDA for it and to give them the opportunity to get out of it pretty easily ($70mil,) but I suppose those members just weren't worth it.

Watch your back, GDA membership, don't blink without being told too or your gov't might roll over on you.

As said before, the members in question have pretty much been dead weight for quite some time (they have about 10 posts on our forums combined and neither of them has been on IRC for months).

Active members are worth paying reps to keep, dead weight is not.

I don't see the problem here. It seems GDA was offered the chance to pay reps to Sparta or boot the members. They chose to boot the members for the reason of not following orders. I don't know either of those characters so I can't comment on if it was a better decision of the two, but they chose one of the options to not get rolled, and that seems like a fair choice to me. It seems like the members got expelled for their own actions of disobeying a peace treaty signed by their government, I can't blame them.

Deja:

tl;dr, GDA was offered the opportunity to pay reparations to Sparta for aiding the NPO. GDA bailed at the last second and instead booted the two members. The bottom line, it was a classy move by Sparta not to just roll GDA for it and to give them the opportunity to get out of it pretty easily ($70mil,) but I suppose those members just weren't worth it.

Watch your back, GDA membership, don't blink without being told too or your gov't might roll over on you.

I understand what happened. I just don't see why anyone's getting defensive...

What's done is done. No sense arguing over the semantics. Some take this way more serious then some. We were merely helping a buddy out despite the politics of it all.

Funny thing is, it seems the alliance currently attacking me gave more thought / respect for my nation than the alliance I was in. :)

Why did they send aid to Pacificans? Did they provide reasons? And were these reasons taken into consideration before making this decision?

However, from all appearances it seems currently that GDA has made an honourable decision. Hail! :)

They were real life friends i believe.

Please note that Sparta did not ask for the members to be kicked out as the peace terms stated, but we gave the option to have reps paid so GDA could keep their members. They still chose to cut the members. Sparta had brought only reps to the table at the start of the talks, and GDA were the ones that first mentioned the clause in their surrender terms.

300 million for a nuke or two is hardly cheap. I understand 230 million was for VE nations, and 70 was for Sparta, but still 70 million is steep. We recently lost 3 million of our tNS in war, we cannot afford this, we have members to rebuild.

Edit: typo

Edited by Rajistani

What's done is done. No sense arguing over the semantics. Some take this way more serious then some. We were merely helping a buddy out despite the politics of it all.

Funny thing is, it seems the alliance currently attacking me gave more thought / respect for my nation than the alliance I was in. :)

:(

You forgot about me.

Deja:

Firstly, please don't lie about the figures or the circumstances. The reps were MUCH higher than the $70mil mark that you stated. And Raji is correct, we are rebuilding as it is, we could not afford to pay $300mil in reps. There really wasn't much of a choice.

Secondly, I'm quite surprised that our "allies" would show their support in such a manner, considering that coming to your defence was the reason my alliance is in this position in the first place.

Such as? Kind of curious as to what we supposedly did...

Sending aid to people at war on the Hegemony side while under surrender terms. I'm just going off of memory here, I could be mistaken. I suppose it's also possible that this is the same incident but I seem to recall it being a few weeks ago and that seems liek quite a delay for kicking out members.

Sending aid to people at war on the Hegemony side while under surrender terms. I'm just going off of memory here, I could be mistaken. I suppose it's also possible that this is the same incident but I seem to recall it being a few weeks ago and that seems liek quite a delay for kicking out members.

you'd be correct because we both sent 2 sets of aid to that same nation. So given that, your correct. At no time during either of those 2 aids sets was anything said by anyone; enemy, ally or alliance. Was it understood....maybe by the people who set the terms.

So I understand your statement earlier of "this happened before" however if it was such a gregious "crime" you'd think it would have been caught and delt with on the 19th of May when the first set was sent out. Just my two cents on the matter...

Edited by SilentKilla

lol.... Just when I thought GDA was at the peak of failure. They show they don't even want members in their alliance.

I'm shocked than an alliance with over 40 nations capable of easily sending more than 3mil every 10 days can't do this once or twice. lolGDAEconomylol

I thought I read somewhere GDA was working on economy after the war... and they can't afford 300mil. lol

you'd be correct because we both sent 2 sets of aid to that same nation. So given that, your correct. At no time during either of those 2 aids sets was anything said by anyone; enemy, ally or alliance. Was it understood....maybe by the people who set the terms.

So I understand your statement earlier of "this happened before" however if it was such a gregious "crime" you'd think it would have been caught and delt with on the 19th of May when the first set was sent out. Just my two cents on the matter...

Uh. I think it took us a few days to notice it, and maybe a couple more to get it sorted - but (again, unless I'm confusing the two) it was sorted out and I was under the impression you were told it was a no-no and reps were paid over it. If someone from GDA could clarify that would be great, my memory's a bit poor and I'm halfway around the world from my IRC logs at the moment.

lol.... Just when I thought GDA was at the peak of failure. They show they don't even want members in their alliance.

I'm shocked than an alliance with over 40 nations capable of easily sending more than 3mil every 10 days can't do this once or twice. lolGDAEconomylol

I thought I read somewhere GDA was working on economy after the war... and they can't afford 300mil. lol

Both Avistonia and I could have covered the 300M between us...with the cash we have/had on hand. At least we could before the gang bang :)

If I was a betting man...which I am....I'd put a large sum on more leaving. Loyalty & comradery trumps alliance "protection" / self preservation