Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Oh no. It's blaming NPO for Karmas failures. Or maybe punishing NPO for Karmas failures.

Karmailures!

I'm sorry, but that wasn't even remotely funny.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want the war over, you take terms. To spin terms as unpayable given your number of nations and legendary willingness to do other things you set your collective minds to is counterproductive.

This is why we can't come to an agreement. You guys go "NPO is big, 700+ members, they can pay these reps", which is true as far as it goes, except for one thing.

You aren't *letting* 700 of us pay the terms. According to the rules Karma set up, which are designed to make sure that we can't meet the terms, only a fraction of that 700 nations are allowed to pay reps. (And many of the nations on the "over 1,000 tech [EDIT: I wrote Infra, before], so they can pay the reps" list are already at ZI with no war chests.)

So don't give me that "That many nations can pay these preps" thing until you get rid of the "the vast majority of your nations aren't allowed to pay the reps" nonsense.

As I said before, if Karma wants us to send them billions in money and hundreds of thousands in tech, they have to give us terms that we find acceptable. Terms we can meet. The terms as given, with the limitations on who can make payment and banks being beaten up before it can start, won't get you any reps.

Edited by Baldr

Because Karma spent so much time duingitrong.

I mean seriously, Sir Paul was bouncing in and out of peace mode. Any competent enemy would have ridden him like Seattle Slew.

They're getting hit one way or another. The whining is getting pathetic.

Oh no. It's blaming NPO for Karmas failures. Or maybe punishing NPO for Karmas failures.

Karmailures!

I'm sorry, but that wasn't even remotely funny.

I found it hilarious.

Edited by Feuersturm

This is why we can't come to an agreement. You guys go "NPO is big, 700+ members, they can pay these reps", which is true as far as it goes, except for one thing.

You aren't *letting* 700 of us pay the terms. According to the rules Karma set up, which are designed to make sure that we can't meet the terms, only a fraction of that 700 nations are allowed to pay reps. (And many of the nations on the "over 1,000 infra, so they can pay the reps" list are already at ZI with no war chests.)

So don't give me that "That many nations can pay these preps" thing until you get rid of the "the vast majority of your nations aren't allowed to pay the reps" nonsense.

As I said before, if Karma wants us to send them billions in money and hundreds of thousands in tech, they have to give us terms that we find acceptable. Terms we can meet. The terms as given, with the limitations on who can make payment and banks being beaten up before it can start, won't get you any reps.

Is there something that prevents the smaller nations from sending aid to the bigger nations so everyone can help pay off the debt?

You aren't *letting* 700 of us pay the terms. According to the rules Karma set up, which are designed to make sure that we can't meet the terms, only a fraction of that 700 nations are allowed to pay reps. (And many of the nations on the "over 1,000 infra, so they can pay the reps" list are already at ZI with no war chests.)

The only thing is those reps aren't asked out of greed, they're there to ensure your position in the immediate future. This isn't a tech raid, those attacking you are getting hurt as well, and the amount asked won't even come close to covering the damages done.

Arguing either the terms are manageable or not has been the subject of 150 pages of this thread - the point is you CAN pull it off, it's not acceptable for you because it won't be the quick "pay the money and jump back to where we were before" routine you probably had in mind.

Remember Bob, this is TPF were talking too here...
Strangely enough, saying that word to myself made me a little hungry. Wierd huh?

Karmailures....

I found it hilarious.

Its obvious whose sense of humor it appeals to. I like the karma jokes, find them funny for the most part, but that one is terrible. Of course you find it funny though, I would be surprised if you didn't :)

Edit: "find the funny". Wow, that's just sad.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

I didn't realize asking for terms that are reachable is whining.

We've admitted that the NPO has been beaten, said quite clearly that we've asked time and time again for terms that may be paid. You can say we're "whining" all you want, but it's only being realistic.

If anyone is whining over anything, it's how hypocritical Karma is. Remember when you all said you were out for Justice and would impose fair terms "not Draconian" ones? You lied.

I found it hilarious.

I find the pathetic state your alliance is in funny. From numerous sigs "Keeping the little man down" to crying like a !@#$%*. Really need to find a middle ground and stick with it.

We've admitted that the NPO has been beaten, said quite clearly that we've asked time and time again for terms that may be paid. You can say we're "whining" all you want, but it's only being realistic.

If anyone is whining over anything, it's how hypocritical Karma is. Remember when you all said you were out for Justice and would impose fair terms "not Draconian" ones? You lied.

"THIS IS JUST A CRY FOR REVENGE!!! KARMA ARE HYPOCRITES FOR DEMANDING VERY HARSH TERMS!!!"

The point of this whole war, and the terms respectively, is to make sure you won't be in a position to dictate the fate of other alliances in the future as you did countless times in the past. It's obvious you were unable to change while you were on top, so change is forced upon you. Call it what you will, this power needs to be taken from you, and it will be.

Hypocritical would be you getting off easy, and thus Karma defeating its goal of ending the tyranny by allowing you to bounce right back.

Realistically, you can live up to these terms. I'm not going to argue about it, that's already been done for 150 pages - read them if you have any doubts.

The terms are payable, they will just take a long time to pay. And the terms are fair, thus no lie.

Yeah, but I don't think they care at the moment. They see their opportunity to get rid of a competitor and are blinded by revenge. When the cool, clear headed people get to the table on KARMA's side, then proper peace negotiations can begin. The ones were are presented with currently are just... :rolleyes:

@Villen: :D Perfect example of what happens when I go to war with 5 nations (with nukes) at a time. Now that I'm down to three, you can see I've evened out.

Nukes drop a nation, and that two week clause is a pathetic way for you guys to get our banks out.

Edited by Feuersturm

No, whining about these terms is whining.

Being realistic? You should all have to walk the road to ZI, and Moo should have to publicly apologize by personally putting his head beaten his legs and shoving it up his $@!.

hypocritical? Yeah, for letting you live. Should be glad that you were given mercy. Scum.

I like you Azreal and think you are a good guy, always have, but I think that the terms are realistic and payable, as Gremlins showed.

I would have to agree though, I think that saying we were out for justice and would give (from your perception) fair terms was misleading. However, I think it has been clear for a long time that there is a split over it, between those who are for imposing lenient terms vs difficult ones. These are more difficult, I would consider them fair, but that's all a matter of perception.

PS <3 we should do stuff together again

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

I should state what I meant clearly.

When I said these aren't payable, I mean these aren't going to be paid off in any time that's less than a year, if not two. In fact, it's entirely possible that it will take five years to complete it.

This is of course assuming we can get to the 90% mark and then reach 100% efficiency at sending reparations every single aid cycle.

Unless you can point to a group of 700 people that works at 100% efficiency every single day for even 2-3 months, this terms are unreachable.

The point of these terms is that they are so impossible to pay, even if we tried to follow the guidelines, that someone flying the NPO AA is bound to mess up and allow for a redeclaration of war.

Or in short, these terms are designed to destroy the NPO forever. Or lead to what will amount to be "perma-ZI" for the Order.

No, whining about these terms is whining.

Being realistic? You should all have to walk the road to ZI, and Moo should have to publicly apologize by personally putting his head beaten his legs and shoving it up his $@!.

hypocritical? Yeah, for letting you live. Should be glad that you were given mercy. Scum.

Scum? You dare to call me scum? I've been completely polite for the whopping 4 statements I've put in here and you call me scum.

I think this post shows who the 'scum' is.