African Leaders Meeting

Firestorm

Members of the African Union, I bring to you the news that a colony of Germans has sprung up in the land formerly held by the country of Maghreb. I put it to the members of this body that we strongly encourage these non-natives of Africa to move about their merry way. Africa belongs to Africans and it is a shame that our colony is already besmirched by the racist policies of Transvaal. For to long the continent of Africa has served as a doormat for the wandering Europeans of the world.

We do need to live up to our legacy as the protectors of our continent.

Will we allow this to stand, or will we stop this and make these Germans, racist or not, get the hell out of Africa.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Africa has long been a continent free of the political struggles of the outside world, and it has been that way ever since the European colonies were abolished. We must draw a line somewhere and now seems as good a time as any to do so.

We need to send a strong message to this Seventh Reich that the nations of Africa are determined to stand strong against foreign influences, and we need to do it quickly lest the Nords in Europe execute whatever scheme they are drawing up and take a chunk out of Africa. Doing this decisively and with unity will also send a message to future empires: Africa is not a playground or another opportunity for expansion.

The question is how."

Edited by Vedran

My suggestion is we facilitate their departure by finding new lands for them to inhabit. I understand plenty of it is avaliable in Antarctica. If they refuse to move, we give them a deadline, and if they fail to meet it we drive them out by force.

However, we do need to make this deadline a generous one and we do need to be willing to assist them in their relocation. It would hardly be fair to expect them to up and move otherwise.

My suggestion is we facilitate their departure by finding new lands for them to inhabit. I understand plenty of it is avaliable in Antarctica. If they refuse to move, we give them a deadline, and if they fail to meet it we drive them out by force.

However, we do need to make this deadline a generous one and we do need to be willing to assist them in their relocation. It would hardly be fair to expect them to up and move otherwise.

OOC: Can I at least have a chance???

IC:

"We ensure the nations of Africa that we will work diligently with you to create a strong, stable, and prosperous Africa. Given the chance we will prove to our African neighbors that we are willing to do al we can to aid our continent."- Kommandant Katarina

"We are sorry but we find this unacceptable. We have worked too hard to prevent exactly what you are doing. Africa is not someplace to colonize and you being here is a direct violation of what we Afrcan nations believe so srtongly in."

"Mr. Mad Dog, I agree wholeheartedly with you and if thier cause is unrightoeus then they must depart. Whether volentarily or by force."

OOC: Apollo get some nukes or ally with some one who has nukes and they wipe these idiots out of existance. Also Hawk ethnic issues? Yea right everyone just chooses what culture they want.

And firestorjm if you force Apollo to leave due to ethnic reasons that is pretty much commiting genocide which is banned on these forums.

OOC: Apollo get some nukes or ally with some one who has nukes and they wipe these idiots out of existance. Also Hawk ethnic issues? Yea right everyone just chooses what culture they want.

OOC: Bull. If everyone just picked whatever they wanted and we were cool with it, this thread wouldn't exist. Also, I thought you left.

Edited by hawk_11

OOC: Bull. If everyone just picked whatever they wanted and we were cool with it, this thread wouldn't exist. Also, I thought you left.

OOC: No I changed my mind I was going to leave but I like rping here too much to leave and my reason for leaving was quite immature anyhow. As for cultures it isn't bull everyone does choose what culture they want to go with. If I wanted to a be a french culture nation in south america or antartica I can. Just becuase apollo is in Africa doesnt mean apollo has to have an african culture.

OOC: No I changed my mind I was going to leave but I like rping here too much to leave and my reason for leaving was quite immature anyhow. As for cultures it isn't bull everyone does choose what culture they want to go with. If I wanted to a be a french culture nation in south america or antartica I can. Just becuase apollo is in Africa doesnt mean apollo has to have an african culture.

OOC: Actually yes it does, at least IC. These players in Africa are against Europen cultures in Africa. Therefore, they're going to push European cultures out of Africa.

"The Seventh Reich guerentees the safety and progress of Africa only so long as we are allowed. If an offensive begins to expell us from the continent it will be seen as a danger to the German, African, and Arab population of the Seventh Reich and thus will be responded to with force. Please, we ask of our African neighbors to allow the continued stabilization of this land which was saved from anarchy not long ago before my rise to President. Our country and government are in transition and we are working towards a democratic system. We carry the means of constructive peace and the tools for destructive war. It is up to our neighbors to decide our new nations future and the future of the African people; as we have commited no crime we will not allow the continuation of criminal accusations against us because of our race."

-Katarina

OOC: I didnt see any rules against my nations creation here so there shouldn't be a problem. I just got done making my RP nation and plans for it and the hell if I'm starting over already. I didn't do anything wrong, I WONT do anything "wrong" unless I'm attacked cuz then its all out war since theres no good reason to kick me out.

Edited by Apollo Shanofan

OOC: I didnt see any rules against my nations creation here so there shouldn't be a problem. I just got done making my RP nation and plans for it and the hell if I'm starting over already. I didn't do anything wrong, I WONT do anything "wrong" unless I'm attacked cuz then its all out war since theres no good reason to kick me out.

OOC: It's an RP. As long as they're not blatantly breaking the rules they don't have to peacefully co-exist with everyone, and Africa in our RP has had a long-standing history of being "for Africans."

OOC: I believe there are multiple players in Africa who roleplay a Background from Europeans if I recall correctly Arctica for example has a Croat history.

OOC: Take it up with them, not me. I'm merely defending that they can be annoyed.

"The Seventh Reich guerentees the safety and progress of Africa only so long as we are allowed. If an offensive begins to expell us from the continent it will be seen as a danger to the German, African, and Arab population of the Seventh Reich and thus will be responded to with force. Please, we ask of our African neighbors to allow the continued stabilization of this land which was saved from anarchy not long ago before my rise to President. Our country and government are in transition and we are working towards a democratic system. We carry the means of constructive peace and the tools for destructive war. It is up to our neighbors to decide our new nations future and the future of the African people; as we have commited no crime we will not allow the continuation of criminal accusations against us because of our race."

-Katarina

The governments of African wish you well, elsewhere. The general opinion of the leaders gathered here is that we give you ample time and generous support in seeking suitable lands elsewhere.

Working with us will end up making a more profitable union for all of those involved. Again, land is avaliable elsewhere in the world and we will work to the fullest of our abilities to ensure a smooth transition to those lands.

-Katarina

OOC: This entire thread is reDONKulous....for when its so absurd it isnt even ridiculous anymore...geeeze give this person a break....the way your carrying yourself it seems you just dont like new people standing on your lawn...

Apollo, please continue to flesh out your nation's RP in spite of these ppl, geeze how the hell are new people supposed to start? They get a plot of land and decided to RP about it, thats it who cares what or who they rp about?

Edited by Executive Minister

The governments of African wish you well, elsewhere. The general opinion of the leaders gathered here is that we give you ample time and generous support in seeking suitable lands elsewhere.

Working with us will end up making a more profitable union for all of those involved. Again, land is avaliable elsewhere in the world and we will work to the fullest of our abilities to ensure a smooth transition to those lands.

Sadly, we decline. If the nations of Africa do not support our efforts then we will do our best to carry on in isolation from our neighbors. We are not a colony, we are a union of several races; African, Germanic, And Arabic. Together we have stabilized this region and created a nation out of it. We will not give that up.

OOC: I think the emphasis here is to stop further colonization and exploitation of Africans. There isn't alot we can, or for the most part want to do with people who have established nations with good records of human rights.

OOC: Hmm and how is this colonization or exploitation? Its a group of people who have descended from Germany now living in Africa. Seeing aas how germany no longer exists they can't be a colony and if you are saying they are exploiting Africa by living there then so are yourselves.

This is contrary to your own introduction to the region announcing some mythical wandering tribe of lost Germans springing forth from the desert. I'm highly skeptical of your claims here and to me they seem nothing more than the obvious backpedaling to avoid confrontation.

And firestorjm if you force Apollo to leave due to ethnic reasons that is pretty much commiting genocide which is banned on these forums.

OOC: Forced relocation is not genocide. However, "get some nukes and ally with people who have nukes and wiping a group out of existence"...that sounds more like it. And yes Centurius, you're right. Arctica did have a mostly European population before they relocated themselves to Madagascar.

Also, Arctica's attitudes toward the new nation are not the result of some OOC animosity, don't assume things.

edit: my IC statements are private in the meeting, I assume. Just since everybody is talking to each other I feel I need to clarify that.

IC: "Mr. Denard, Arctica's concern here is that the close ethnic and cultural ties the country shares with the Greater Nordlandic Reich will enable that empire to establish a foothold in Africa, which is unacceptable. If the German elements in the country are unwilling to relocate to Antarctica (which is a laughable suggestion in the first place, the place is a wasteland) or back into Europe where they belong, then we may need to prepare for a lengthy standoff."

Edited by Vedran

OOC: Forced relocation is not genocide. However, "get some nukes and ally with people who have nukes and wiping a group out of existence"...that sounds more like it. And yes Centurius, you're right. Arctica did have a mostly European population before they relocated themselves to Madagascar.

Also, Arctica's attitudes toward the new nation are not the result of some OOC animosity, don't assume things.

edit: my IC statements are private in the meeting, I assume. Just since everybody is talking to each other I feel I need to clarify that.

IC: "Mr. Denard, Arctica's concern here is that the close ethnic and cultural ties the country shares with the Greater Nordlandic Reich will enable that empire to establish a foothold in Africa, which is unacceptable. If the German elements in the country are unwilling to relocate to Antarctica (which is a laughable suggestion in the first place, the place is a wasteland) or back into Europe where they belong, then we may need to prepare for a lengthy standoff."

OOC: For not wanting me to join a rival block you dont seem to be trying very hard. If I'm in danger dont you think I would seek the help of strong friends? If you dont want me to join them why are you pushing me away??