African Leaders Meeting

Firestorm

OOC: For not wanting me to join a rival block you dont seem to be trying very hard. If I'm in danger dont you think I would seek the help of strong friends? If you dont want me to join them why are you pushing me away??

OOC: My nation, upon seeing a German country pop up in Africa thinks that because of the strong cultural ties it will join the GNR regardless of what they do, and they would rather not see a GNR presence in Africa. Given that most German-based nations on planet bob have been based in Europe and have joined the GNR, you can see how the countries of Africa might think that. Also, at least for me, it's not so much "rival bloc" as it is "not in my backyard."

Edited by Vedran

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you are right that the Antarctica is a bit of a wasteland. It wouldn't be a fair trade off for these Germans who according to their own press release emigrated from Western Europe, the Middle East, and other parts of Africa. Simply sending them back to the GNR wouldn't suffice either as there is a percentage of them not from that area. However, it is clear they are not native to area they've chosen to claim as their own.

We could go for a lengthy stand off, or we could simply smash him. However, I'm not in favor of either options. It is clear to me that these Germans are an industrious people. They ought to be given the opportunity to succeed according to their own merits. However, doing so in Africa is an affront to the natives of that land. It is the desire of the Republic of Free Somal to see those native peoples manifest their own destinies.

In short, the suggestion to move the Germans to the South Pole is rescinded. We do need to examine our options in this matter to best find ways to accommodate them.

Is land avaliable in Canada perchance?

Edited by Firestorm

Perhaps you are right that the Antarctica is a bit of a wasteland. It wouldn't be a fair trade off for these Germans who according to their own press release emigrated from Western Europe, the Middle East, and other parts of Africa. Simply sending them back to the GNR wouldn't suffice either as their is a percentage of them not from that area. However, it is clear they are not native to area they've chosen to claim as their own.

We could go for a lengthy stand off, or we could simply smash him. However, I'm not in favor of either options. It is clear to me that these Germans are an industrious people. They ought to be given the opportunity to succeed according to their own merits. However, doing so in Africa is an affront to the natives of that land. It is the desire of the Republic of Free Somal to see those native peoples manifest their own destinies.

In short, the suggestion to move the Germans to the South Pole is rescinded. We do need to examine our options in this matter to best find ways to accommodate them.

Is land avaliable in Canada perchance?

"They could probably migrate the majority of their German people to unclaimed North American lands if they wanted. We did the same (from the Arctic Circle to Madagascar) so it is certainly possible. That O'Deaghaidh doctrine the Americans have against colonization would be more incentive for them not to leave anything behind in Africa, as well. With that and any 'parting gifts' the nations of Africa give them, it would take less persuading to get them to leave. What do you think?"

"As for incentive to get them on their way, we could provide cash, construction crews, and whatever other support is appropriate."

OOC: If you guys where a little brighter you might offer me an alliance or pact that would ensure I cannot join any other alliance.

IC: "We will not leave. We do, however, offer our hand in friendship to cooperate with our (unwelcoming) neighbors on African progress."

- Kommandant Katarina

OOC: Fun Fact:

Should you decide to go to Canada, Apollo, there's about 10 million people with german descent up there.

Canada had ~92 million people, and 11% of them were of german descent.

OOC: I'll keep that in mind, but I'm upset that these guys are making my RP so hard. Why should I please them?

OOC: I'd prefer to keep this conversation IC, but to point out something here made known to me by Lynneth in IRC.

Lynneth >>Drakedeath[Ravyns][MoFA] Reasoning: Germans constituted a large group of immigrants to the US. It's possible they moved north<< 11% of my Canada-population, which was ~92 million, was german. There's ~10 million german-descended people in Canada

Moving to Canada gives you a massive population boost of ethnic Germans.

IC: It has come to our knowledge that prior to the fall of Canada's organized government a large migration and natural birthing of Germans occurred in that country. We strongly encourage the 7th Reich to seek refuge in that area. We will fully support, economically, and physically by providing ships for such a move.

OOC: If you guys where a little brighter you might offer me an alliance or pact that would ensure I cannot join any other alliance.

IC: "We will not leave. We do, however, offer our hand in friendship to cooperate with our (unwelcoming) neighbors on African progress."

- Kommandant Katarina

OOC: And if I were a little brighter I might realize that pacts are only kept as long as it is advantageous to keep them, and once your nation has the GNR's support there really is nothing stopping it from disregarding the pact, and I would also realize that that alternative is really not favorable.

OOC: I'll keep that in mind, but I'm upset that these guys are making my RP so hard. Why should I please them?
OOC: I'd prefer to keep this conversation IC, but to point out something here made known to me by Lynneth in IRC.

Lynneth >>Drakedeath[Ravyns][MoFA] Reasoning: Germans constituted a large group of immigrants to the US. It's possible they moved north<< 11% of my Canada-population, which was ~92 million, was german. There's ~10 million german-descended people in Canada

Moving to Canada gives you a massive population boost of ethnic Germans.

OOC: Just note that most of the canadian germans (they and their families) have been living over there for more than a hundred years, some even longer.

OOC: It doesnt look like that land is open on the map. I think I'm about done posting here.

IC: The 7th Reich is considering closing communications with the African Leaders Meeting.

OOC: The map isn't up to date. Canada is gone. It's all grey, and you only need to contact Tahoe or V_the_king to get part of it.

Edit: Canada as a country, that is.

Edited by Lynneth

OOC: Understand this Apollo, my rp is the rp of a man who spent 15 years in some of the worst dumps in Africa. He knows what Europeans have done to his native land. Now you can take this personally, or understand that to Africans the majority of Europeans are nothing more than parasites. My country has nothing really against Europe or other nations, but we do not want them controlling our native populations. Of course our initial reaction is going to be a nasty one at the thought that Europeans are once again attempting to do their thing with our fellow Africans.

Out of character I have no problem with you as an rper, In character I have to deal with this. I wouldn't personalize this out of character and I'd deal with it between world leaders who are justifiably outraged at your arrival given the history of colonization of Africa. I personally recognize history up to 1945. This implies a long sad story for the continent of Africa at the hands of the French, Germans, British, Dutch, Portuguese, and whoever else decided they needed a piece of the dark continent to $%&@ for their personal gain.

So really that's where some of us are coming from, and I'm only telling you this to give you some insight.

IC:

We hail Vedran's generous move to assist these Germans. The Republic of Free Somal will offer up to 100 Million payable over a one year period to assist in the resettlement of these interlopers.

OOC: And if I were a little brighter I might realize that pacts are only kept as long as it is advantageous to keep them, and once your nation has the GNR's support there really is nothing stopping it from disregarding the pact, and I would also realize that that alternative is really not favorable.

OOC: The GNR is a fighter for preserving Europe we have no interest in Africa or any other continent for that this should be obvious as should we really want him as a puppet you could have expected support from us by now.

OOC: Understand this Apollo, my rp is the rp of a man who spent 15 years in some of the worst dumps in Africa. He knows what Europeans have done to his native land. Now you can take this personally, or understand that to Africans the majority of Europeans are nothing more than parasites. My country has nothing really against Europe or other nations, but we do not want them controlling our native populations. Of course our initial reaction is going to be a nasty one at the thought that Europeans are once again attempting to do their thing with our fellow Africans.

Out of character I have no problem with you as an rper, In character I have to deal with this. I wouldn't personalize this out of character and I'd deal with it between world leaders who are justifiably outraged at your arrival given the history of colonization of Africa. I personally recognize history up to 1945. This implies a long sad story for the continent of Africa at the hands of the French, Germans, British, Dutch, Portuguese, and whoever else decided they needed a piece of the dark continent to $%&@ for their personal gain.

So really that's where some of us are coming from, and I'm only telling you this to give you some insight.

IC:

We hail Vedran's generous move to assist these Germans. The Republic of Free Somal will offer up to 100 Million payable over a one year period to assist in the resettlement of these interlopers.

OOC: How do I know Tahoe of V The King will give that land to me...I didnt really want Canadian land but I'll consider it if you can show me I'll even get land there if I leave Africa.

On a side note: This hasn't been fun at all.

I'll consider it if you can show me I'll even get land there if I leave Africa.

Apollo Shanofan, if you are looking for land wish to stay in Africa the the Republic of Transvaal would be willing to consider giving you a land grant - with the condition that if you depart or somehow lost it, the claim would revert back to us. Our people would welcome a neighbouring European state on our borders.

OOC: Send them a personal message. We also will not blow you up if they say no. We will keep working with you until we resettle your population to a place that isn't an armpit like the South Pole. Just keep it patient and we'll work it out. Also, rp has its ups and downs. I know you probably had some grand ideas, but there isn't any reason why you can't modify them for a different locale.

OOC: Send them a personal message. We also will not blow you up if they say no. We will keep working with you until we resettle your population to a place that isn't an armpit like the South Pole. Just keep it patient and we'll work it out. Also, rp has its ups and downs. I know you probably had some grand ideas, but there isn't any reason why you can't modify them for a different locale.

OOC: Why is there no option to give me a chance in Africa?

Apollo Shanofan, if you are looking for land wish to stay in Africa the the Republic of Transvaal would be willing to consider giving you a land grant - with the condition that if you depart or somehow lost it, the claim would revert back to us. Our people would welcome a neighbouring European state on our borders.

If you could elaborate we will consider your offer.

I'd keep in mind that Transvaal is a notably racist nation that has in the past attempted to engage in human trafficking. We strongly discourage this as an option.

OOC: you could have all the germans move out and stay and role play the natives.

I'd keep in mind that Transvaal is a notably racist nation that has in the past attempted to engage in human trafficking. We strongly discourage this as an option.

OOC: you could have all the germans move out and stay and role play the natives.

OOC: I rerolled. doesnt that mean I start over? I have no connection with my last nation ICly

OOC: Who could then again support the German culture, wouldn't change your RP just the people.

OOC: In your SoE, as the 7th Reich, you stated a mass flood of Germans moved into your country. Move them out, or put an exact number on them that's a fairly small one, and my complaints are history. I personally would love to have a new African rper here in Africa. You can even have a German enclave in downtown Tripoli as that would make sense, but your nation would have to be an African nation.

Lead by Africans, for Africans.

If they wanted to have some fascination with German culture that would be fine, but you'd have to role play it out as something like that wouldn't come about overnight.

But keep in mind if I thought for a second you were setting us up for a fast one by sneaking in some German love scenario where the people raise up in acclaim after hundreds of years of colonial exploitation and call for a German government I'd probably go bonkers.