General FSA actions

JEDCJT

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

On Valentine's Day, businesses all over New England in the FSA reported a 9,000% increase in sales of Valentine's Day products, such as cards, candies, decorations, etc. Moreover, police officials reported an increase in excessive public display of affections; too many couples were heavily making out, such to an extent that one time disgusted police officers in Boston had to ply apart a couple that were playing 'tongue Twister' in a public park and basically told them to "[i]get a room[/i]".

"[i]It's shocking! Cupid is busy![/i]" Stephen Colbert exclaimed on his TV show as he waved his hands around in a dramatic way.

Edited by JEDCJT

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]HIGHLY-CLASSIFIED[/b]

UPDATE:

[b]Project Wisconsin:[/b] 30.5%
[b]Project Midwest:[/b] 25%
[b]Project Tennessee:[/b] 72%

[b]Project Silver[/b]
Military proofing: 72.5%
Civilian proofing: 35%

In addition, according to the Tennessee National Board of Public Works (TNBPW), progress on Operation LINKUP is nearing approximately ten percent so far.

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='10 February 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1265851942' post='2173573']
increasing from about 23,111,427 shortly after New England's establishment in 2011 to approximately 114,193,011
[/quote]
OOC: no. just... no. that's.. no.

first you claim that it is only the new england section, and then you claim that it comes from new states. pick one, not both. it's impossible without women having kids ALL the time and insane immigration, all of which would cause massive problems.

Edited by Sargun

OOC: When I started out as New England in last April, I was a very small nation. I comprised of RL New England and New York minus Maine and western NY. I counted the population of the states in that region, using Wikipedia and online calculator, and it came to ~23 million. Now, I control a huge swath of northeastern US, I counted the RL population of all states and territories in current RP New England and the figure came to over 114 million. :v:

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]HIGHLY-CLASSIFIED[/b]

UPDATE:

[b]Project Wisconsin:[/b] 57.5%
[b]Project Midwest:[/b] 45%
[b]Project Tennessee:[/b] 87.7%

[b]Project Silver[/b]
Military proofing: 89%
Civilian proofing: 45%

On a related note, progress on Operation LINKUP in Tennessee was reported to be 20 percent completed so far.

[b]PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT[/b]

"Due to the perceived threat of the 'cult phenomenon' that seem to be taking place worldwide, we would like to announce that anyone participating in such activities, that could be considered as a threat to the national security of the Federated States of America, are on the terror watch list. Appropriate measures will be undetaken against anyone involved in this that tries to enter the country. This is all, thank you."

[b]CLASSIFIED[/b]

As per orders of the Department of State Security and the National Transportation Security Administration (NTSA), airport and customs officials in all airports and ports across the New England region of the Federated States of America were ordered to undertake necessary measures. Security inspections were stepped up as various measures, such as thorough body inspections, body cavity searches, etc, were enacted. If any cultists tried to enter the FSA, they would be quickly apprehended, no matter how much they attempted to hide themselves. After all, the airport and customs officials used to work for the former Stasi.

On a related note, the FBI was placed on high alert. Undercover FBI agents were, essentially, everywhere in the New England region, from Boston to St. John's to Chicago, and all the way to Hamilton, Bermuda. They lurked in airports and other places of signifiance, waiting to apprehend any 'cultists' that managed to enter the country. In [s]torture centers in[/s] FBI headquarters all over the country, [s]sadistic[/s] FBI interrogators [s]groaned[/s] sighed with pleasure at the thought of [s]torturing[/s] interrogating some unfortunate cultists captured by the FBI.

OOC: Thanks for the advice, Subtle. :P

"This precautionary warning has been noted and flights will continue as normal. Flights between the Northern Republic and New England are heavily screened and all passengers are required to go through extra layers of security. In addition, passengers must have their passports and a notarized letter stating their purpose for entering/leaving New England. Travel into the New England states of Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi is currently restricted and off-limits indefinitely." - National Bureau of Air Transportation

William was pleased, most pleased, when he heard this announcement.

The President of the FSA would soon receive a letter from Australia.

[i]Mr. President,

May I first commend you on your recent actions concerning the Dragon Cult. It displays much wisdom I find is generally not seen in secular leaders. i am glad to know that even I can be wrong.

Now the reason for this letter...I would not be writing this if you had not taken action to stop the spread of this dangerous group. I and my fellow members of the Australian Church are working from our own end to do the same here. To help facilitate better results, would you be amenable to the Australian Church sending representatives to your fine nation?

~William Lindquist, Bishop of Perth[/i]

OOC: No problem, Jed.

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='22 February 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1266898722' post='2198481']
[b]PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT[/b]

"Due to the perceived threat of the 'cult phenomenon' that seem to be taking place worldwide, we would like to announce that anyone participating in such activities, that could be considered as a threat to the national security of the Federated States of America, are on the terror watch list. Appropriate measures will be undetaken against anyone involved in this that tries to enter the country. This is all, thank you."
[/quote]

"We applaud our allies for taking action against this cultist threat."

[b]***CLASSIFIED***[/b]

As transportation between the Federated States of America and Disparu was lax due to the Good Neighbour Treaty, the Disparuean Ministry of Transportation decided that airplanes, boats, trains and cars entering the Federated States from Disparu would be screened carefully before being allowed to cross the border, just in case the cultists decided to enter the Federated States via Disparu. The American Government would be immediately notified about the new procedure being done in the FSA-Disparu border.

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='22 February 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1266898722' post='2198481']
On a related note, the FBI was placed on high alert. Undercover FBI agents were, essentially, everywhere in the New England region, from Boston to St. John's to Chicago, and all the way to Hamilton, Bermuda. They lurked in airports and other places of signifiance, waiting to apprehend any 'cultists' that managed to enter the country. In [s]torture centers in[/s] FBI headquarters all over the country, [s]sadistic[/s] FBI interrogators [s]groaned[/s] sighed with pleasure at the thought of [s]torturing[/s] interrogating some unfortunate cultists captured by the FBI.
[/quote]

OoC: :awesome:

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='23 February 2010 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1266963226' post='2199768']
William was pleased, most pleased, when he heard this announcement.

The President of the FSA would soon receive a letter from Australia.

[i]Mr. President,

May I first commend you on your recent actions concerning the Dragon Cult. It displays much wisdom I find is generally not seen in secular leaders. i am glad to know that even I can be wrong.

Now the reason for this letter...I would not be writing this if you had not taken action to stop the spread of this dangerous group. I and my fellow members of the Australian Church are working from our own end to do the same here. To help facilitate better results, would you be amenable to the Australian Church sending representatives to your fine nation?

~William Lindquist, Bishop of Perth[/i][/quote]

In the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, F.D., President Lyndon Johnson received the letter from an aide that had entered the office and handed it over to him. Unfolding it, the President smiled as he scanned it. Setting it down, Johnson got out a blank paper and pen, and began scribbling a response:

[i]Dear Bishop William Linquist,

Well, somebody had to do something about the cult that is spreading worldwide. As for your proposal, I approve. The Australian Church is welcome to send representatives to the Federated States of America, and I am sure that our representatives of the Catholic Church will be looking forward to meeting with you.

-Lyndon Baines Johnson, President of the Federated States[/i]

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='23 February 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1266968573' post='2199990']
The American Government would be immediately notified about the new procedure being done in the FSA-Disparu border.[/quote]

The Department of State thanked the Disparuean Government for this.

[quote]OoC: :awesome:
[/quote]

OOC: :smug:

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='24 February 2010 - 06:19 AM' timestamp='1267021378' post='2201407']
[i]Dear Bishop William Linquist,

Well, somebody had to do something about the cult that is spreading worldwide. As for your proposal, I approve. The Australian Church is welcome to send representatives to the Federated States of America, and I am sure that our representatives of the Catholic Church will be looking forward to meeting with you.

-Lyndon Baines Johnson, President of the Federated States[/i]
[/quote]
[i]Dear Mr. President,

Yes, I am looking forward to meeting with them. However, if at all possible, I would appreciate it if I could set up a meeting with you, too.

~Bishop William Lindquist
[/i]
Father Noah Novik and Sister Josephine Georges were chosen to Accompany William on his journey to New England. They would be leaving by commercial flight.

[b]HIGHLY-CLASSIFIED[/b]

UPDATE:

[b]Project Wisconsin:[/b] 85%
[b]Project Midwest:[/b] 62.5%
[b]Project Tennessee:[/b] [i][u]100%[/u][/i]

[b]Project Silver[/b]
Military proofing: [i][u]100%[/u][/i]
Civilian proofing: 57%

Progress on Operation LINKUP in Tennessee was reported to be 30 percent completed so far.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='24 February 2010 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1267055427' post='2202200']
[i]Dear Mr. President,

Yes, I am looking forward to meeting with them. However, if at all possible, I would appreciate it if I could set up a meeting with you, too.

~Bishop William Lindquist
[/i]
Father Noah Novik and Sister Josephine Georges were chosen to Accompany William on his journey to New England. They would be leaving by commercial flight.
[/quote]

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

When William, Father Noah Navik and Sister Josephine Georges arrived at Dulles International Airport at Washington, F.D., a delegation of Catholic Church leaders, as well as President Lyndon Johnson and other officials, were there waiting.

OOC: Johnson can be in two places at once. No clones involved. :awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='01 March 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1267477185' post='2210220']
[b]PUBLIC[/b]

When William, Father Noah Navik and Sister Josephine Georges arrived at Dulles International Airport at Washington, F.D., a delegation of Catholic Church leaders, as well as President Lyndon Johnson and other officials, were there waiting.

OOC: Johnson can be in two places at once. No clones involved. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]
[/quote]
William Lindquist, the first out of the plane, smiled at the reception they had received. Noah and Josephine followed, a few steps behind, also smiling, though theirs were a little more forced, due to nervousness.

William stepped forward to shake hands with the President, while the other two in turn greeted the Catholic leaders.

"I'm honored you could take time out of your scedule to meet with me, Mr. President," William stated enthusiatically.

OOC: lol...time travel? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]

Also, if you would rather not clutter this thread, I have no problem with doing this in another thread. ;)

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='01 March 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1267480670' post='2210301']
OOC: lol...time travel? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]

Also, if you would rather not clutter this thread, I have no problem with doing this in another thread. ;)
[/quote]

OOC: Sure. You start the thread, though. :awesome:

IC:

[b]HIGHLY-CLASSIFIED[/b]

To deal with the ongoing cult problem, the Department of Justice was authorized to establish a separate branch within the FBI to deal specifically with that problem. The [b]Cult Division[/b] was officially established under the aegis of the FBI Counterterrorism Division and formed as a fifth branch. Formally known as the [b]Operations III (OPS III)[/b] but soon referred to as the [b]Fifth Division[/b], the stated responsibilities of the branch "[i]is to take the necessary steps to protect the national security, both domestic and external, of the Federated States of America...from the inherent threat posed by the cult using every means possible.[/i]”

Under the reins of the newly-appointed Director of OPS III, Rupert Griffin, and responsible to FBI director Erich Mielke, Fifth Division is planned to be staffed by no more than 200 operators, 1,500 special agents, and 3,000 support agents, making for a total of 4,700 personnel. However, despite its small size, Fifth Division, and the FBI as a whole as well, would soon become feared in the New Englander region of the Federated States. With access to the larger FBI’s extensive intelligence networks and huge allays of resources—including but not limited to wiretaps—Fifth Division would take the field against the cultists that were surely within the country. FBI agents and operatives subordinated to the Fifth Division (soon known as Fifth Division agents) scoured the cities and countryside, beginning with Baltimore. In the Marylander capital, at night, Fifth Division troopers broke into three homes of these purported to be part of the Dragon Cult. The occupants were promptly dragged from their beds, bundled up into a thick blanket, carried out of the house 'as a log', the roughly thrown into backs of waiting SUVs. They would be taken to special FBI “mental asylums”, where sadistic torturers awaited them.

At roughly the same time, Fifth Division agents launched a series of raids into several apartments in Boston. All targets—“[i]playing a game of poker while their teenage sons were playing Call of Duty Z: Zombie Conquest on the Playstation 4[/i]”, as a report stated—were interned and taken into custody, the teenagers included. In Washington, F.D., a senator from New York was even arrested, “[i]as bewildered as he was[/i]”, and interned in a FBI cell outside the capital. The senator, chafing under intensive interrogation, would later be released and allowed to go back—though the FBI warned him to 'remain silent.'

But in Columbus, Ohio, the procedure sometimes took a bloody turn. In the Ohioan capital, Five Division agents, upon storming a two-story house, discovered a “cache of weapons” in a bedroom closet, in fact nothing more than an empty shotgun and Desert Eagle that were legally registered with the federal government in accord to the Brady Act. The agents, while confiscating the weapons, took the residents—only the men—into waiting SUVs and drove them to a wooded region outside the city. There, the prisoners were promptly “disposed of”—that is, a bullet to the back of the head. The women and children were taken away, presumably to FBI prisons or 'mental institutions.' Similar events occurred in Hartford, Connecticut; Dover, Delaware; Huntington, West Virginia; and even as far as Nashville, Tennessee, along with many others.

The offensive against the Dragon Cult was launched, but it would be “tiny and gentle” at first.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

Shortly after the takeover and incorporation of the former Old Dominion, New Englander members in Congress approved the passage of the [b]Virginian Territorial Integrity Act[/b], soon to be popularly known as the [i]Wedge Act[/i]. Under the provisions of the Act, the western part of Virginia, the mountainous area that formed a ‘wedge’ between West Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee, was officially transferred to the Territory of Virginia. As soon as the region was turned over to Richmond’s control, the provisional government—awaiting territorial elections and wanting to garner popular support from the population—took the initiative to pass a resolution organizing eleven new counties in addition to the existing ones:

[list][*]Washington
[*]Smyth
[*]Tazewell
[*]Russell
[*]Buchanan
[*]Wise
[*]Norton
[*]Dickenson
[*]Bristol
[*]Scott
[*]Lee
[/list]
In short, Virginia was finally one place once again. Long divided between New England, the former Ardoria, and the now-former Old Dominion, as well as others, Virginian reunification is now complete. The Virginian people were one and united again. Army, police (on all levels), and FBI bases, offices, and headquarters were established all over the region.

[b]CLASSIFIED[/b]

The FBI passed a resolution ordering the establishment of two new Field Offices (FO) in the Territory of Virginia, to be specifically located in the capital of Richmond and Norfolk. They will, in turn, be subdivided into smaller Resident Offices (RO), which will have specific jurisdiction over a local area(s). In addition, FBI offices, prisons, and bases are in the process of being established. Secondly, the Census Bureau Regions Act was expanded to include Virginia, which will be counted as in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Thirdly, all corporations, industries, and factories as well any associate organizations, such as the Newport-News Shipbuilding Company and the Chadwick Industrial Exchange, were immediately taken over by the federal government and New Englander industrialists; for instance, the Rannoch Corporation and its assets in Alexandria, Virginia, was taken over by Raytheon Company. The corporations and industries are currently being injected with fresh assets and investments with the goal of reestablishment to serve New Englander and FSA interests. All foreign investors who had invested in the Old Dominion will be compensated. On a similar note, the Old Dominion Dollar will be retained for the time being, as to ensure a smooth transition to the FSA dollar—though the exchange rate was fixed on the basis of 1 to 1—though there are plans to phase out the Old Dominion Dollar in favor of the New Englander Dollar, now the Federated States Dollar (FSD). All Old Dominion technology achievements, such as the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=73773&view=findpost&p=2003986"]Soil Moisture Smart Sensors[/url] and the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=73773&view=findpost&p=2003958"]Oyster hydro-electric wave energy device[/url], will continue to function in place under FSA management.

Fourthly, in Congress, New Englander members drafted and passed an act, the [b]Political Partisan Act[/b], which abolished all Old Dominion political parties in Virginia. All headquarters of the Dominion Party, Anti-Dominion Party, Military Party, and the Green Party were closed down by the FBI and the police, and their assets taken over by the state. In response to criticisms from some Virginian politicians in Richmond, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs stated that it was “[i]done in accordance to our [New England] longstanding nonpartisan system.[/i]”

Lastly, the FBI expanded its campaign against the Dragon Cult into Virginia. Fifth Division agents converged upon Virginia, scouting the cities, towns, and countryside for any confirmed (rarely) and suspected (often) members of the cult. Beginning in Richmond and Virginia Beach, and later moving to Petersburg, Roanoke, Alexandria and Newport-News, arrests were made. All airports and ports across Virginia were taken over by the National Transportation Security Administration (NTSA) and ordered to undertake necessary security and safety procedures.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

At the same time it was dealing with developments in Virginia, the New Englander portion of the FS Congress was busy dealing with the protectorate in Texas and the provisional government in the Great Lakes State. Regarding the former, the [b]Texan National Integrity Act[/b] was drafted, passed, and signed into law. Coming into effect, the Act mandated the establishment of four FBI Field Offices in Texas, to be headquartered in San Antonio, Fort Worth, Lubbock, and Odessa. At first, there were plans to establish one in Dallas, but it was changed by Johnson’s personal insistence to neighboring Fort Worth due to the fact that Dallas was the place of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination in 2017. The purpose of the Act was to augment the Texan security forces and to enhance Texas’s national security via FSA technology and prowess. Approximately 4,000 FBI personnel, workers, and agents were to be posted in Texas for the time being.

As for the GLS, Congress passed a similar act (the [b]GLS National Integrity Act[/b]) that allowed for the establishment of a FBI Field Office in Detroit. The new headquarters were to be heavily garrisoned by Army troopers and police to protect FBI personnel from potential TUO attacks. Unlike their counterpart in the FSA, the FBI in the GLS was granted far greater and broader, “unprecedented”, powers to deal with the TUO threat, as well as any threats, in the GLS. In addition, Congress voted to pass a $500 million appropriation bill to help in the current reconstruction of the GLS, and sanctioned the establishment of an advisory committee in Lansing to oversee the project. Progress on the fortifications at the ‘border’ between the GLS and TUO-controlled area continued on as usual; approximately 35 percent was completed so far. To deal with the population shortage, the federal government began looking at a wide range of options to help solve the problem. They ranged from financial incentives, land ownership, and protection to “relocation programmes”, a ‘forced’ resettlement plan. No decision has been reached as of yet.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]HIGHLY-CLASSIFIED[/b]

UPDATE:

[b]Project Wisconsin:[/b] [i][u]100%[/u][/i]
[b]Project Midwest:[/b] 80.5%
[b]Project Tennessee:[/b] [u][i]100%[/i][/u]

[b]Project Silver[/b]
Military proofing: [u][i]100%[/i][/u]
Civilian proofing: 70%

Progress on Operation LINKUP in Tennessee was reported to be 40.8 percent completed so far.

[b]HIGHLY-CLASSIFIED[/b]

With the recent re-incorporation of the former Old Dominion as the Territory of Virginia, tens of thousands of Border Patrol soldiers, agents, and officials took over management and administration of the Virginia Line (VL) fortifications alongside the Virginian-North Carolinian border. The federal government authorized approximately $1 billion, possibly more, to renovate the border fortifications. Billions of Smart Dew droplets, as well as hundreds of Surveillance and Security Automated Guard (SSAG-1) surveillance robots, are planned to be outfitted on the VL in the mid- to long-term.

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

The Department of Ethnic Affairs announced today that it will draft a report regarding the ethnic groups, as well as the population as a whole, in the New England region of the Federated States of America. According to the department, the report will use information based on the 2020 National Census.

[b]HIGHLY-CLASSIFIED[/b]

New Englander Congressmen, after a session of debate and discussions, approved the expansion of the existing [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=60276&view=findpost&p=1727652"]National Surveillance Modernization Programme Act[/url] into the regions that used to be the former Tennessee Federation and the Old Dominion—or in other words, the territories of Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana. A federal committee will be established, under the aegis of the [b]National Surveillance Committee[/b], to oversee the management of such a project.

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

New Englander lawmakers in Congress finally passed a long-awaited bill that reorganized the organizational system of the New Englander section of the Armed Forces of the Federated States of America. Through the [b]Armed Forces Base Reorganization Act[/b], several bases throughout the New Englander region were selected for closure/relocation.

To start off with, the Fort Kennedy army base (and Unified Army Command center) in central New York was ordered to be closed down and all forces stationed there to be transferred to Fort Farnum, Rhode Island. In turn, all Army assets in Fort Hayes were to be transferred to their new base, Fort Knox in Kentucky. Lastly, Fort Carlisle in southern Pennsylvania was disbanded and all forces stationed there relocated to Fort Sheridan, in northeastern Illinois – and Fort Sheridan in turn became a new Unified Army Command (UAC).

For the sake of efficiency, several Navy bases alongside the New Englander coast were scheduled to be closed and their assets transferred to their new bases. Captains and sailors in all vessels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire received word from the Department of the Navy of their reassignment to Atlantic City, New Jersey. The same went for Groton, Connecticut to neighboring Newport, Rhode Island. The naval base in Hampton, Virginia, was relocated to nearby Virginia Beach.

The largest impact of the Act was on the Air Force bases in several states in the region. Not only were the bases (old and new) renamed to simply AFB (Air Force Base), but rearrangements were made as well. The Hartford Southeast Airbase was transferred to Scott AFB, Illinois; the Rochester West Airbase to Mitchell AFB, Wisconsin; Charleston Southwest Airbase to Arnold AFB, Tennessee; Saint Arsene Northwest Airbase to Langley AFB, Virginia; Rochester West Airbase to Niagara Falls AFB in New York; Boston Airbase to Hanscom AFB in central Massachusetts; and Gaspe North Airbase to the renamed Hobart AFB, Maine; and lastly, the Mt. Pearl East Airbase to the new Avalon AFB in central Newfoundland.

Any military bases unaffected by the changes, such as Guantanamo Bay, were renamed to their appropriate names. The overall reorganization process is expected to take at least seven to ten years, to be completed by January 3rd, 2030.

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

The city legislature of the City of Philadelphia voted by a narrow margin to approve a bill that would raise additional revenue and help the cash-strapped city to find a way out of its financial problems. Named the [b]Local Revenue Act[/b], but would be commonly referred to as the [i]Coca-Cola Act[/i] or the [i]Coke Act[/i], the act placed a tax of three percent on the sale of Coca-Cola products. This is the first time a New Englander city had enacted a tax different than that of the existing FairTax with the purpose of raising revenues. The capital of, the largest city in the State of Pennsylvania and the third largest in the New Englander region of the FSA, Philadelphia has had experienced financial difficulties in recent times due to its high level of outspending. Indeed, between 2018 and 2021, the city’s budget deficit soared from about $100 million to well over $250 million and continues to rise. According to analysts, the Act will raise, based on current prices of Coca-Cola products, approximately $77 million.

If the Act is successful in its purpose, there is a possibility that the scope of the act would be expanded to the rest of the state and possibly the entire nation.

(OOC: Got the idea in my Gov class today :awesome:)

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

It has been announced in the Chicago Tribune that a Statehood Party had been formed in Springfield, Illinois, by Robert Gaston. The stated purpose of the [b]Illinois Statehood Party (ISP)[/b], like the other Statehood parties in other territories (such as West Virginia), is to petition the Territory of Illinois to apply for statehood and thus become a new state in the Union. Similar events have occurred in the Territory of Tennessee, with the advent of the [b]Tennessee Statehood Party (TSP)[/b] under Jack Hudson; and in the Territory of Kentucky in the form of the [b]Kentucky Statehood Party (KSP)[/b], led by Harrison Rolfe. The [b]Virginia Statehood Party (VSP)[/b] is in the process of being formed.

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

With the approval of the Military Professionalization Commission (MPC), New Englander Congressmen passed a resolution, and the Department of Defense in turn enforced, stipulating the expansion of the Army from 198,000 soldiers to 500,000. New Brigades are expected to be formed under the supervision of the [b]Military Formation Board (MFB)[/b] and entered into service. The process, scheduled to begin on January 3rd, 2022, is expected to take at least five years.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]HIGHLY-CLASSIFIED[/b]

UPDATE:

[b]Project Wisconsin:[/b] [u][i]100%[/i][/u]
[b]Project Midwest:[/b] 97.5%
[b]Project Tennessee:[/b][u][i]100%[/i][/u]

[b]Project Silver[/b]
Civilian proofing: 82%

Progress on Operation LINKUP in Tennessee was reported to be 51 percent completed so far.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]CLASSIFIED[/b]

Due to political intrigue and the increasing possibility of exposure by the media, despite best efforts by the Department of Public Relations (DPR) to contain them - and faced with the potential constitutional backlash from the Supreme Court if this was ever found out - the Department of Justice and in turn the FBI ordered the Fifth Division to “[i]cease all activities until further notice.[/i]”

Of course, this didn’t mean the Fifth Division would actually cease the campaign against the Dragon Cult, merely temperate their activities. The waves of arrests began to abate somehow, with fewer reports compared to before. But then, it did not always mean fewer arrests were actually made; perhaps as many arrests were made, but they were undocumented.

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

The City Hall of the city of New Castle, in the Territory of Delaware, voted to officially revert Delaware’s second largest city to [b]New Amistel[/b] ([i]Nieuw-Amistel[/i]). This was done in accord to the wishes of the city’s Dutch majority population and as such, was greeted with enthusiastic support. Originally established by the Dutch as ‘Fort Casimir’ in 1640, the city was captured by the Swedes in 1654 and renamed to Fort Trinity. The Dutch recaptured the city and gave it its now-current name, but then lost it to the British in 1664. They seized control of the city once again in 1673, but then ceded it to the British in the Treaty of Westminster (1674).

This is the second time a city had been renamed in Dutch with the support of its inhabitants. On June 23, 2013, Albany, New York, was [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=60276&view=findpost&p=1638822"]renamed Fort Orange[/url] with the support of its Dutch population to reflect the city’s Dutch origins and culture.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

The Department of the Navy announced in a press statement that construction of the nine battleships of the [i]Charlemagne[/i]-class was finally completed. Beginning with the [i]Charlemagne[/i] herself, which had been a joint development project between New England and the German Democratic Republic and subsequently built by various military defense contractors (Raytheon, etc), eight more ships were constructed, christened, and commissioned into service. The full names of the ships are (along with their bases):

[list][*][i]Charlemagne[/i] (Atlantic City, New Jersey)
[*][i]Magnus[/i] (Atlantic City, New Jersey)
[*][i]Augustus[/i] (St. John’s, Newfoundland)
[*][i]Pious[/i] (Newport, Rhode Island)
[*][i]Carolingian[/i] (Guantanamo Bay)
[*][i]Renaissance[/i] (St. John’s, Newfoundland)
[*][i]Byzantium[/i] (Virginia Beach, Virginia)
[*][i]Imperium[/i] (Virginia Beach, Virginia)
[*][i]Holy Roman Empire[/i] (Newport, Rhode Island)
[/list]
Next, the [i]Magnus[/i] was ordered to deploy to Texas, to be docked at Galveston.

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

It has been announced that military personnel of Fort Kennedy have begun the relocation to their new posting in Fort Farnum, Rhode Island. Most of the necessary papers and documents have been filled out and faxed to the Department of Defense in Washington, F.D., and the relocation process has begun and is currently underway. Fort Kennedy’s personnel is the first to begin the relocation process under the Armed Forces Base Reorganization Act. Official affirmation of the progress from Fort Carlisle in Pennsylvania and Fort Hayes in Ohio is currently pending.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]HIGHLY-CLASSIFIED[/b]

UPDATE:

[b]Project Wisconsin:[/b] [i][u]100%[/u][/i]
[b]Project Midwest:[/b] [u][i]100%[/i][/u]
[b]Project Tennessee:[/b][u][i]100%[/i][/u]

[b]Project Silver[/b]
Civilian proofing: 95%

Progress on Operation LINKUP in Tennessee was reported to be 58.5 percent completed so far.

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

It has been announced by the Tennessee Statehood Party (TSP) that membership is approximately 48,000 and is growing steadily. Similar successes have been announced by the Illinois Statehood Party, which has over 42,000 members. Harrison Rolfe, leader of the Kentucky party, announced that his party has an “[i]aggregate membership of 32,000.[/i]" No such announcements have been made from the other Statehood Parties as of yet.

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

The Military Formation Board (MFB) announced that two brigades (11,000) had been successfully formed and is in the process of being formally commissioned into service in the Army as under the resolution, officially named the [i]Resolution to Expand the Size of the Army[/i] or the [i]Stanton Resolution[/i], after the New York senator who proposed it in Congress, Edward Stanton. In addition, the MFB stated that “[i]three to four more Brigades is in the works.[/i]”

[b]PUBLIC[/b]

Today, New Englander congressmen, after deliberations, passed a resolution removing New England’s (and thus the FSA’s) signature on the Articles of American Sovereignty and Self-Determination (AASD). When asked to explain this, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs explained that the AASD was a “[i]long-defunct treaty that had since then lost significance in our eyes.[/i]” Gibbs explained that the notion of maintaining the anti-foreign stance in North America was losing ground in Washington—“[i]that policy belongs solely to the Tahoe Republic, and I cannot tell you how much we had been called ‘puppets of Tahoe’ because we’ve been supporting it![/i]”—but he hinted that the country would continue to espouse a position of its own regarding foreign involvement in North America, separate from the Tahoe Republic, though it is still not clear on what he meant.

What it meant in practical means, however, was that New England, now the Federated States of America, will no longer enforce the anti-foreign stance promoted by the AASD and will cease to assist Tahoe in enforcing the O’Deaghaidh Doctrine. “[i]Tahoe is now on its own in regards to the [Doctrine].[/i]” Gibbs remarked with an ironic smirk. A senator from Massachusetts, Patrick O’Henry, ironically an Irishman, submitted a bill in both houses of Congress that mandated the “suspension of the Coast Treaty for the time being.” O’Henry, born in Dublin, Ireland, explained that he was “[i]sick and tired of Tahoe’s hegemonic domination of North America through brutal and aggressive means[/i]” and promoted for the "[i]separation of New England from the Tahoan yoke.[/i]” A few senators in Congress, as well several commentators, remarked of O’Henry’s positive viewpoint of the Northern Republic and Louisiana. “[i]He [O’Henry] always spoke favorably of the NR and Louisiana.[/i]” Senator Bradley Willis of New Hampshire stated.

President Johnson was not available for comment, but Secretary of State Roosevelt did not give much in his response to this growing anti-Tahoan sentiment among [New Englander] congressmen and even throughout the country [the New Englander region]. ‘[b]FSA TO CANCEL TREATY WITH TAHOE?[/b]’, ‘[b]COAST TREATY TO BE SUSPENDED?[/b]’, and ‘[b]FSA LEAVING TAHOE FOR NORTHERN REPUBLIC AND LOUISIANA?[/b]’ was the headlines of several major newspapers, such as the [i]New York Times[/i] and the [i]Chicago Tribune[/i].

Edited by JEDCJT