The Republic of Singapore!

Lynneth

SingaporeFlag.png

A man walks onto a podium, with a red-white flag behind him, on a press conference.

Lee Hsien Loong.

Lee_Hsien_Loong.jpg

"Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thank you for coming. Today, a new state emerges to take its place in the play that is the world, and this state is the Republic of Singapore.

My name is Lee Hsien Loong, and I am the Prime Minister of this small but beautiful country. To my left is our dear President, Mister Goh Chok Tong."

Goh_Chok_Tong.jpg

Goh nodded and waved into the camera, the arm raised only slightly and only the hand itself moving.

"Greetings."

Lee continued.

"Now, some information about us. Singapore is a small Parliamentary Republic, located on the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, with an area of about 710.2 square kilometers. Our country has 15,486,534 people, with roughly 960,000 men and women serving in the armed forces. Let me show you what Singapore looks like."

A picture was shown.

Singapore_montage.png

"Images, from top, left to right: The Merlion by the central business district, the Singapore Zoo entrance, then the "Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay", the Gateway of Sentosa, the Statue of Thomas Stamford Raffles, who gave Singapore its name, then the Downtown Core of Singapore and lastly, the Raffles Hotel."

"And now, for the anthem, Majulah Singapura."

began playing.

After it finished, the announcement seemed to not be over.

"And now, a short movie made by a Singaporean, about our country. It is fitting, in my opinion."

He grinned, and

began to play, Lee fading out and the video fading in.

The Khmer Empire welcomes Singapore to the World Stage. May it be a kind place to you all.
OOC: No, We're all living in Amerika.

IC: The United States welcome this nation to the world.

Yamato welcomes Singapore.

*Classified*

We offer an MDP.

OOC: Lynneth not RPing Germans to me makes me want to say "EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIEEEEEE!"

IC: Alvonia welcomes this nation to the world.

"Why, thank you. Such a warm welcome. Thank you indeed."

*Classified to Yamato*

At the time, we do not wish to establish pacts. We want to get to know our neighbours better.

OOC to Arkantos: From now on, we live in Singapura. Also watch the 2 youtube vids I linked to in the last parts of my post. :awesome:

To N Reeki: Nordland is in the way. ;_;

I'd have to sell my soul to get Malatose to give me Bavaria, and that's not worth it. Singapore ftw!

"The Dragon Empire welcomes Singapore to the world stage. We offer our warmest greetings and as a gift, will attempt to pass a bill in our congress giving you unilaterally, free trade for a year to aid your development and growth. We wish to establish an Embassy. Would you prefer the Embassy be imperial or state by state?"

"The Dragon Empire welcomes Singapore to the world stage. We offer our warmest greetings and as a gift, will attempt to pass a bill in our congress giving you unilaterally, free trade for a year to aid your development and growth. We wish to establish an Embassy. Would you prefer the Embassy be imperial or state by state?"

"Thank you for your welcome.

Regarding the free trade, this is an immensely generous offer, and we happily accept this gift. About the embassy, we'd like to learn more about the exact structure of your country. What, precisely, would be the difference between an imperial embassy or a state-by-state embassy plan?"

Rome welcomes Singapura, and are sending a basket of delectable Roman dishes and fruits to the new leader.

"Thank you. We'll certainly enjoy the dishes and fruit. You wouldn't happen to have sent wine, as well? The President loves wine."

The Empire of Korea welcomes Singapore to the world stage.

"Many thanks to the Korean Empire from Singapore."

We'd be happy to send over a bottle of wine, President's choice.

"The President would like Marsala wine, if it's not too much of a hassle."

OOC: Did you know about 90% of italian wines are made in the north, as it seems? O.o

Click and click through the various regions in the lower part, of "major wine regions". lol

IC:

"For those who are curious, let us show you where Singapore is located."

LocationSingapore.png

As a representative of Dragon Empire,Kingdom of Cochin welcomes Singapore. We are glad that the Malacca Strait has strong governments protecting it. We seek assurance that Malacca Straits will remain open for all seafarers, military as well as non military.

The Elective Dictatorship of Palintine welcomes Singapore to the region.

"The President's thanks go to Palintine."

As a representative of Dragon Empire,Kingdom of Cochin welcomes Singapore. We are glad that the Malacca Strait has strong governments protecting it. We seek assurance that Malacca Straits will remain open for all seafarers, military as well as non military.

"Singapore will keep the strait open as it has always been, though we may raise tolls for passing through - small, so that even weaker nations can easily pay them."

Promised Land welcomes a new neighbor in the Australasian region. We are interested in getting to know our new neighbor. Would you perhaps be interested in an embassy exchange, and a possible trade agreement?

"Thank you for the warm welcome. We'd gladly establish an embassy for you. Regarding the trade agreement, please provide us with details."

"Thank you for the warm welcome. We'd gladly establish an embassy for you. Regarding the trade agreement, please provide us with details."

"Excelent. An ambassador by the name of Rick Richards is on his way. you are also free to send an ambassador in return, if you like."

"The trade agreement would consist of each of us reducing, or possibly completely eliminating, tariffs on good imported from the other."