Shoes shoe. Make-up. Hair. Dress.

Madame Unicorn

Akeiko looked at the pile of magazines that Sarah had spilled onto the floor. Deciding that she might as well flip through them, she picked one up and looked at the cover.

The first thing that came to her eyes was the title, Power Adonia, with the picture of a very sexy guy named Evan Hiley underneath it. Slightly blushing, she opened to the content.

The Power Adonia was a magazine specializing in the the power elites of the world. Every month, a series of articles on the most powerful (and handsome) men were featured, allowing women to look at suitable husbands. This month's edition focused on world leaders, ranging from the Baron to Evan Hiley.

Akeiko peeks over the top of the magazine at Sarah, an evil grin spreading on her face.

"Sarah onee-chan, what do you think of this guy on the cover?"

Edited by Sumeragi

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Huh?" Sarah looked up from painting her toe nails to see Evan staring back at her on a magazine cover. Her eyes widened and truthfully she was just happy that she wasn't on the cover with him. "Oh Evan Hiley...ah...he's nice. We've actually met before come to think of it."

Damn it, this wasn't funny at all. He was practically her boyfriend anyways, but the problem was that she was also seeing the Kaiser of Prussia as well as Anthony Harlem on the side from Promised Land. Running her hands through her hair she sighed as she could feel the sweats coming on. "Well I mean, he is really cute. Really strong too, yet soft. I've also been told he's a terrible golfer." She said rubbing her hand down her leg, remembering the broken bone. "But yeah, he's cute. What do you think of him?"

OOC: Damn you guys for not having lives :P

Charli smiled as the girls entered the basement lounge. A big flat screen TV lined one of the aqua blue walls, with a giant collection of DVDs filled up the bookcases in the far corner of the room. A kitchenette stood in the opposite far corner, and here lay lots of different type of junk food, sure to sate any appetite.

Charli smiles, "I didnt know what we wanted to I sent someone to buy all sorts of chips, chocolate, cookies.. Whatever."

She turns around to find Sarah painting her toes, and giggled "Why don't you alternate the colours, that'd be sooo cool!", before going over to the fridge to get herself a vodka mixer.. After all, it was the perfect type of situation for a drink, to let her hair down, to have fun.

"So what movie do we want to watch, a nice romantic comedy?" She turns to Akeiko and offers her a mixer, before sitting on one of the bean bags on the floor, pink and fluffy against the hard charcoal carpet

"Akeiko, what movie would you like to watch?" Charli spies the magazines on the floor and picks one up, flicking through it slowly...

Seeing the picture of Evan, Charli smiles. "He's cute. Any girl would be lucky to have him..."

She stops as she comes across a picture of the infamous LeVentNoir, one of the world's most respected leaders. Looking at the picture, Charli smiles.

"I know he's like, Seventy, but..." Charli holds up the magazine, showing the others the picture. He is dressed in a smart black suit with a black shirt and red tie, with the shiniest black leather shoes Charli's ever seen, "for an old guy, he's not bad looking..."

Charli smiles and takes a sip of her vodka, not realising that the alcohol content is 15% for a 330ml bottle...

Edited by Madame Unicorn

"He's all right, but not my style. I mean, who would like a Merchant of Death, even if he's almost set to be the leader of Louisiana? Also, all those tattoos..... Too punkish"

Flipping a few pages, she came upon a black, red, and white flag.

"On the other hand, Albert Tanzband seems to be more respecable. Conservative yet so active, with skills both in war and peace. He'll make the perfect husband for someone like you, onee-chan."

"He's all right, but not my style. I mean, who would like a Merchant of Death, even if he's almost set to be the leader of Louisiana? Also, all those tattoos..... Too punkish"

Flipping a few pages, she came upon a black, red, and white flag.

"On the other hand, Albert Tanzband seems to be more respecable. Conservative yet so active, with skills both in war and peace. He'll make the perfect husband for someone like you, onee-chan."

Sarah shook her head. "No I've had quite enough of the married life." She said quietly. "Though I will say I do like Evan's style, maybe not so much of the tattoos, I've never been up for them personally. But like I don't know, he has a rough attitude that's really attractive. I mean trust me, there's nothing more than what I would like than to break the mold that I'm in right now. Escape is a great feeling and if you live by that, you're definitely in my book."

She looked at the image of Albert in the magazine's pages and blushed. "Albert too. He was my date to Manghild Martens' wedding. He's a really great guy too." In reality, Sarah had just returned from Prussia after the Kaiser had requested her, which had ended up him doing a painting of her under an old Norse mural. Likewise with Evan had just taken her to a play in Palau.

"But yeah, marriage, no thanks."

She looked up at Charli and smiled. "So you'd do alternative colors." Sarah nodded at the idea and opened up the hot pink bottle and set to work on her hands.

Charli put down the magazine and sighed

"So no one likes the charms of old men? What a shame. I bet LeVentNoir was a good looking guy when he was younger. I wonder if he has a son..."

Charli grabs out a manicure set and starts to dip her fingers in a watery moisturing hand wash mix. She smiles as the room fills with the scent of vanilla and jasmine.

"So, Akeiko," Charli turns to Akeiko and smiles, "Please tell me more about yourself. I'm sure everyone has a story... What's yours?"

"Huh?" Sarah looked up from painting her toe nails to see Evan staring back at her on a magazine cover. Her eyes widened and truthfully she was just happy that she wasn't on the cover with him. "Oh Evan Hiley...ah...he's nice. We've actually met before come to think of it."

Damn it, this wasn't funny at all. He was practically her boyfriend anyways, but the problem was that she was also seeing the Kaiser of Prussia as well as Anthony Harlem on the side from Promised Land. Running her hands through her hair she sighed as she could feel the sweats coming on. "Well I mean, he is really cute. Really strong too, yet soft. I've also been told he's a terrible golfer." She said rubbing her hand down her leg, remembering the broken bone. "But yeah, he's cute. What do you think of him?"

OOC: And I make it 3 for 3.

*Hi-five myself*

"LeVentNoir WAS a good-looking guy, until Imperial Wellington fell.

As for myself... what would you want to know?"

Sarah smiled as she finally finished her hands and feet as she took the time to begin blowing on them lightly, trying to dry the polish as fast as she could. In the meanwhile she looked up at Akeiko. "Why not just your past. But keep out the negative details. Nothing political, just what you did when you were younger." She sighed. "Cause I have a feeling that once any of us getting into politics its just not going to fun anymore. And then after you go, I'll go."

Charli takes her fingers out of the water and dries them off, pushing the cuticles back before lovingly massaging a lotion into her hands, and looking at Sarah and Akeiko

"You share your story with us, and we'll share ours. Also. What colour do you girls think I should paint my nails?"

OOC: bump :P

Akeiko didn't know what to say about her past, given how she grew up.

"I'm not sure if you want to hear my story, since it's anything but non-political. When you're divinity in human form, with the duty of leading your people, it's impossible to separate your private life from your public life. "

She paused for a moment.

"And being the Mother of the Nation meant I could never live a 'normal' life."

Sarah chuckled slightly at Akeiko's response. "I think we're all sort of political in our pasts Akeiko." She sighed. "Trust me, if it were up to me I wouldn't be doing this stuff anymore. To be honest, I wanted to be a teacher, nothing to do with politics or war or diplomacy. Just a simple life in Helsinki, maybe teaching at the university. But my brother died when I was eighteen and its cause of him that I'm where I am now. See my dad was training him to inherit the Baltica Iron Works Company, which was essentially the force that formed the Hansa to begin with. When Samuel contracted Van Dramm's Syndrome, everything went down hill. My life was over, I was put into the University and had to go to my dad's business meetings. I wasn't allowed out of the house after dark and I couldn't have boys over." She laughed. "Though I snuck out to my hearts content. But yeah, trust me Akeiko. You're not the only one who knows what the political life is about."

Sarah leaned back as she tossed her nail polish to Charli. "I remember when I used to sit out under the stars in Northern Finland. Me and my friends would go camping and just sit out under the stars. They used to say that the stars were portals into Heaven and that when you died the entire sky became a white light and everything was perfect." She took a deep breath. "Man...I miss those days."

Charli threw some bean bags down into the middle of the room, then grabbed some junk food from the kitchen as she settled down on the bean bag, opening the hot pink nail polish bottle and coating her fingernails in the glossy pink goo.

"My story? Well my mother headed a large multinational corporation, with myself and my older brother, Adam, as the major shareholders. I'm not sure why she did this to us, but I can only guess that it was to keep the company in the family. My father walked out on our family when I was four. The only time I've seen him recently was when he tried to sneak into a press conference. One of my marines detained him and I was asked to question. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do."

Charli finishes her fingers and blows on them gently to dry them before smiling.

"I actually wanted to work in politics. But not run a country. You know, just some small office role, maybe even writing legislation. Helping people. But no, that changed when my mother died. I was 16. That's when all the fun of being a teenager stopped. She dies of a tumor. And... While Adam took over the company, he pushed me through school and university. See, mother had purchased land, and wanted to start her own communist nation. When she died... I took over her dream. And here we are."

"Now, whilst this is all well and good, we need to have fun. So, girls. We have food and make up. What else is required?"

Sarah smiled, happy to get off the topic at hand. She didn't want to talk about guys, mainly ones that she had been intimate with prior to talking with Charli and Akeiko and talking about the past seemed to depress everyone around her. "Well I mean I brought some CDs with me if you want to put those in." She went back to the pile of clutter that had come out of her bag and threw Charli a couple of music CDs and smiled. "Those are my favorites, so I mean take a listen and put in what ever you want."

That's What you Get - Paramore

Charli picks up the CDs and takes them over to the multimedia centre (basically some machines set into shelves on the wall), sliding the CD into the player. Soon, the sweet sounds of Guns N Roses filled the room, and Charli sat back down, nodding her head slowly as she finished painting her nails, applying the second coat.

"So Sarah, what do you think of this Luis de Luit guy? I've heard of him through Tieto, and he sounds really interesting... What's he like?"

Charli grabbed a couple of corn chips and munched on them before sitting up

"Who wants pizza!?"

Charli smiles. Pizza cheers everyone up, she thinks. She looks down and sees Akeiko's wallet lying on the ground. Slowly, Charli picks it up, her arm outstretched, before she notices a photo of a rather handsome man in Akeiko's wallet.

"Uh, Akeiko, sorry, but I picked this up off the floor for you.. What I do have to ask, is who is that good looking guy in the photo?"

akasaka.jpg

"He's kinda cute" Charli giggles and shows the picture to Sarah. "Hey Sarah, what do you think of Akeiko's boyfriend?"

Charli pokes her tongue out at Akeiko and grins "Ooooooh Akeiko's got a booooyyyfriend!"

OOC: MU loves being childish sometimes :D

Edited by Madame Unicorn