The Conquest of Mexico

Balomesh

They did not embrace your help. You invaded their nation and crushed them under your boots, claiming to bring peace but in reality bringing war and colonization by the former Republic of Salo, not to mention the totalitarian regime that has been established. All clearly attempts to stifle the independence the region was intended to get.

We sincerely doubt that an authoritarian regime set up immediately after the invasion of Mexico by the United States is the will of the people. In fact, we are certain it is an attempt by the United States to control the region they previously protected and now control with an iron fist.

How are we 'authoritarian', and how do we 'control with an iron fist'? We established a protectorate and a new nation was established in the region that then opted to join the United States. It's that simple.

The new nation that conveniently was established immediately after the invasion is a totalitarian regime. I realize the United States as a whole is not, generally, a totalitarian nation, and that is great. However, it is highly suspect when an invasion, followed by a declaration of protection, followed by annexation all occurs simultaneously.

In fact, it appears as a downright ploy to gain land, regardless of what the people want.

The new nation that conveniently was established immediately after the invasion is a totalitarian regime. I realize the United States as a whole is not, generally, a totalitarian nation, and that is great. However, it is highly suspect when an invasion, followed by a declaration of protection, followed by annexation all occurs simultaneously.

In fact, it appears as a downright ploy to gain land, regardless of what the people want.

Perhaps it is only a concidence that it 'all occurred simultaneously'?

Edited by JEDCJT

Perhaps it is only a concidence that it 'all occurred simultaneously'?

This is the best counterargument the US can come up with? We agree with Tahoe... it's extremely suspicious that land is taken over as a protectorate and annexed THE NEXT DAY by the US. Obviously a land grab, however, beyong giving our viewpoint, we will not be getting involved in this.

If it is a problem, do something to fix it.

As a spokesperson for the US, we'd expect more level headed comments.

Edited by Californian

They did not embrace your help. You invaded their nation and crushed them under your boots, claiming to bring peace but in reality bringing war and colonization by the former Republic of Salo, not to mention the totalitarian regime that has been established. All clearly attempts to stifle the independence the region was intended to get.

"NO I AM RIGHT AND EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS A LIE"

Just because you keep yelling it out doesn't make it true.

"If allowed, Viniland would like to inspect the USA part of Mexico."

OOC: Seriously though, declaring a protectorate then annexing it 24 hours later = really really unclassy. Anyways, if any of guys are willing to, a separate RP can be spawned in regards to the inspection. PM me with details if interested.

"If allowed, Viniland would like to inspect the USA part of Mexico."

OOC: Seriously though, declaring a protectorate then annexing it 24 hours later = really really unclassy. Anyways, if any of guys are willing to, a separate RP can be spawned in regards to the inspection. PM me with details if interested.

OOC: The move was my decision not of the whole U.S. I'll do your inspection RP BTW.

An new nation forming is annexation? O rly?

OOC: I'm done arguing here, its getting annoying.

IC: We welcome any inspection of our actions in Mexico to put an end to Tahoe's failed attempt to bring global opinion against our motives with lies and empty arguments.

"More sugar milady?"

"No Jess. Two spoonfuls is enough. Thank you."

"Has milady seen the new this morning? About Mexico?

Sarah sighed. "Mexico? Again? What's going on now?"

"The Americans declared it a protectorate and are now annexing it as a state in the United States. Tahoe is condemning the move as blatent imperialism and establishing puppet states."

She nearly dropped her cup in laughter. "They make it seem that puppet states aren't common. Look at the world. I could damn near paint the entire world in just a few colors. Everyone owes someone something, its actually kind of funny. Think of it Jess, we're standing in a new age. I have four choices of who I can swear fealty to. The Dragons, the Nords, the Communists, or the Americans. What a world. What ever happened to independence."

We can hardly just let blatant imperialism go unchecked.

Mexico under the Empire of Michoacan is a loyal state of the U.S. and has acted alone in its internal affairs. The people approve of being a part of the Union while retaining their soverignity and the CHOICE of remaining a part of or ceding from the USA. The Empire is now governed by citizens and nationals of the land we rule over and democratic revolution is fully underway as the population shows signs of readiness to determine their own path. Tahoe's own history has broken the power of their hypocratic statements of imperialism which, not the US, but Tahoe has commited. Let us not forget that Tahoe has also taken part of Mexico.

We would like to know why Tahoe thinks it is the police of the Americas, with the O'Degadeh (OOC: Suck at spelling) doctrine and constant threatening of our allies. Tahoe should realize that it never has needed to meddle with all of America's internal affairs unlees it really needed to and it doesn't now. The people of Mexico have decided that they want these people to rule and they are ruling. Condemn all you like, they have the power.