Do you think Karma has responsibility?

KIADO

You did, however, say that Karma had not earned your respect. I proceeded to exercise my ability to type words by writing the reply to which you are referring.

and you gave a damn in the process, making your point .. well, you ended up not having one after that.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and you gave a damn in the process, making your point .. well, you ended up not having one after that.

The point was that your respect was irrelevant, as it still is.

The point was that your respect was irrelevant, as it still is.

you said no one cared, you replied, thus showing you cared about my opinion and whether or not I respect anyone who calls themselves a karma leader.

If you truly didn't care, if you truly thought my opinion was irrelevant, you'd have ignored it.

you said no one cared, you replied, thus showing you cared about my opinion and whether or not I respect anyone who calls themselves a karma leader.

If you truly didn't care, if you truly thought my opinion was irrelevant, you'd have ignored it.

Not refuting your argument would have been an admission of defeat. I see no need to continue explaining this to you.

What i want to know is, if you think the leaders of Karma do recognize their chance and have some responsibility of shaping a better future by showing and giving planet bob a example how enemies are treated.

I understand the danger and risk by doing so but don't all altruistic and heroic actions come with a certain price and risk?

At one level the leaders of the various alliances have a responsibility to position their alliance to live in peace. No alliance constantly in a state of war survives. You might immediately ask, "what about FAN?" to which I would respond that peace Mode was how they achieve something that gave them peace in game. Therefore, they have a responsibility to bring this war to some conclusion at some point, even if that means that NPO still exists and is...pissed.

At another level, completely outside the context of the game, there is the question of whether or not they even want to continue playing, having "climbed Mt. Everest". They may feel having defeated NPO and its allies utterly and completely that there is simply nothing left to accomplish and while new enemies may spring forth, those are best left to a new crop of players to deal with in the not to distant future. Prime example, ocho cinco's departure.

At another level, back strictly in character, having achieved victory, the victorious powers have the luxury of letting bygones be bygones having achieved some level of revenge and now they can look toward new relationships and perhaps even seeking new rivalries. Unfortunately I already know that at least one alliance doesn't feel that way and they still wish to pursue vendettas from 1 or 2 Great Wars back. It is therefore doubtful that Planet Bob as a whole will have a clean slate. What it does however is have an opportunity.

Karma is just the name used to reference one side in this war, one could say each alliance has responsibility over their own actions, but its a bit far fetched to say Karma has a responsibility to fix the injustices in the world when its just a name applied to the alliances fighting on the same side in this war. I don't even know which alliances who fought on the side of "Karma" refer to themselves as being part of Karma. :rolleyes:

Karma is just the name used to reference one side in this war, one could say each alliance has responsibility over their own actions, but its a bit far fetched to say Karma has a responsibility to fix the injustices in the world when its just a name applied to the alliances fighting on the same side in this war. I don't even know which alliances who fought on the side of "Karma" refer to themselves as being part of Karma. :rolleyes:

Sure you do, at the start of the war, EVERYONE said they were on the side of karma, aside from I think, NSO and STA (and thus they get some props for that.) It's only recently that you have people claiming that they were never a part of karma, or that they fought for their own reasons, or blah blah blah whatever.

It's like people are ashamed or something. OWN WHAT YOU DO. No excuses.

Sure you do, at the start of the war, EVERYONE said they were on the side of karma, aside from I think, NSO and STA (and thus they get some props for that.) It's only recently that you have people claiming that they were never a part of karma, or that they fought for their own reasons, or blah blah blah whatever.

It's like people are ashamed or something. OWN WHAT YOU DO. No excuses.

Yeah. OK, I'll admit - I've spent two years waiting for the chance to attack NPO. Others have waited longer, while yet others have only had their fill of NPO in recent months. I joined Karma immediately when they went to war, but I would have joined Satan's Raging Demons if they were the first to attack NPO with any chance of winning. The fact that I happen to like what Karma has stated is a benefit.

My only regret, is that NPO has so few lives to give for their alliance. :(