The "I Don't Know Anymore" War

Tygaland

The number is so completely irrelevant to the statement I made, I'm starting to wonder if you are my first stalker.

Well, when you make baseless exaggerations to try and dismiss those who disagree with you, like oh....

I have become convinced that one side of this war will not be satisfied until they get 10,000 tech in reparations due to events not even involved in the cause of this war. Then, and only then, can they say "Well gosh, that didn't do a lot but I sure do feel better about myself."

But I may be wrong. Perhaps my evil vindictiveness has blinded me to the fact that you eat sunshine and crap kittens? If so, I apologize.

You are such a beacon of what we should all aspire to. Yes, sir, please, show us all unworthy hypocritical vile folk the error of our ways, so that way we may follow your humble example. Which dont happen to involve character attacks and are purely based on meritorious arguments.

Edited by ReturnOfChron

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when you make baseless exaggerations to try and dismiss those who disagree with you, like oh....

But I may be wrong. Perhaps my evil vindictiveness has blinded me to the fact that you eat sunshine and crap kittens? If so, I apologize.

You are such a beacon of what we should all aspire to. Yes, sir, please, show us all unworthy hypocritical vile folk the error of our ways, so that way we may follow your humble example. Which dont happen to involve character attacks are purely based on meritorious arguments.

So you're claiming that because in his satire he said "10,000" that he is grossly exagerating the reperations that some in Karma are looking for and that because of his, it's worthy of yoru sarcasm? I must say I don't follow your logic, but I'm open to considering your opinion in why his comment was baseless and an exaggeration.

You are such a beacon of what we should all aspire to. Yes, sir, please, show us all unworthy hypocritical vile folk the error of our ways, so that way we may follow your humble example. Which dont happen to involve character attacks are purely based on meritorious arguments.

...what? I'll go ahead and address the "baseless exaggerations" bit by saying that 10,000 tech was a number floated around by several people wishing the Hegemony would be forced to pay reparations.

As for the rest... :blink:

EDIT: Regardless, even if I retype the entire sentence and enter in "10 tech", the point would remain the same. Actually, it would reinforce the point I was going for with the statement.

Edited by Nizzle

So you're claiming that because in his satire he said "10,000" that he is grossly exagerating the reperations that some in Karma are looking for and that because of his, it's worthy of yoru sarcasm? I must say I don't follow your logic, but I'm open to considering your opinion in why his comment was baseless and an exaggeration.

Because he quoted that number several times throughout this thread in response to Tyga claiming that there was a difference between "Outrageous" punitive measures and "Fair" ones. Thats why I felt the need to perform a simple test.

Based on the fact that he clearly was not able to recognize the number for what it was, and instead resorted to a character attack, I have come to the conclusion that his rant about reps is not really inherently moral...But rather is the result of some inescapable medical condition.

The man is allergic to reps. Clearly. Even so much as looking at the proposals for them seem to aggravate his condition. I mean not to mock, but only promote awareness of this man's frail and tragic medical state.

God's speed, Nizzle, you brave, brave man. Don't let us force you to live through that threat to your health. Reps.

"10 Tech"

Oops. Well, I didnt say they were reps, so it should be fine.

...what? I'll go ahead and address the "baseless exaggerations" bit by saying that 10,000 tech was a number floated around by several people wishing the Hegemony would be forced to pay reparations.

As for the rest... blink.gif

You weren't being sarcastic, then?

Jerk.

10,000 tech? Maybe you've been away for too long Chron, but that's peanuts.

Then 10 Tech should be a damn steal.

Oops. Please remember, Sal, the "R" word makes Nizzle break out in large, painful hives that ooze out specious logic.

Be more considerate in the future.

Because he quoted that number several times throughout this thread in response to Tyga claiming that there was a difference between "Outrageous" punitive measures and "Fair" ones. Thats why I felt the need to perform a simple test.

Based on the fact that he clearly was not able to recognize the number for what it was, and instead resorted to a character attack, I have come to the conclusion that his rant about reps is not really inherently moral...But rather is the result of some inescapable medical condition.

The man is allergic to reps. Clearly. Even so much as looking at the proposals for them seem to aggravate his condition. I mean not to mock, but only promote awareness of this man's frail and tragic medical state.

God's speed, Nizzle, you brave, brave man. Don't let us force you to live through that threat to your health. Reps.

"10 Tech"

Oops. Well, I didnt say they were reps, so it should be fine.

You weren't being sarcastic, then?

Jerk.

Care to translate that into a non-sarcastic post that actually makes a point?

Edited by HeraclesTheGreat

Care to translate that into a non-sarcastic post that actually makes a point?

You mean you didn't know?!

I was just saying that no one should hate Nizzle for his views. He can't help but be a complete jerk to anyone who suggests reps for alliances that deserve them. It's a defense mechanism to keep his condition from aggravating and causing him great pain.

His story's inspirational, even. Like that guy that had Testicular Cancer but then won the Tour De France.

Have you ever sat on a Bicycle for more than an hour? Lemme tell you...Thats not the best thing to do when one of the Gents is in an already painful position as it is.

You mean you didn't know?!

I was just saying that no one should hate Nizzle for his views. He can't help but be a complete jerk to anyone who suggests reps for alliances that deserve them. It's a defense mechanism to keep his condition from aggravating and causing him great pain.

His story's inspirational, even. Like that guy that had Testicular Cancer but then won the Tour De France.

Have you ever sat on a Bicycle for more than an hour? Lemme tell you...Thats not the best thing to do when one of the Gents is in an already painful position as it is.

I guess there's no hope of having a serious discussion about this - Good luck RoC

I guess there's no hope of having a serious discussion about this - Good luck RoC

Can't have a serious discussion when your own beliefs are so ridiculously unrealistic and utterly absurd.

I mean, by any means, having a "discussion" about it would mean accepting that your position has any validity, thus validating them. I do not accept that claim, nor shall I validate it. It is wrong. It is incorrect. And it is hilarious.

See you in three months, sport.

-Chron

Still haven't got that auto-reply to work yet huh? :v:

Oinooink already tried that one in another thread. None of the Continuum are uninvolved alliances reluctantly dragged in via their treaties. You are part of the core of the Hegemony and therefore you should pay for what you have done both in the past and in this war.

You trying to equate yourself with alliances like DOOM and SSSW18 is ridiculous but I understand why you try and do it. :P

Gatherum nodded and sat up.

The answer is really quite simple, Tygaland, though it may not be Karma's ultimate intention, or even a conscious one.

That is, that, for the world that most in Karma desire to form, whether or not we are loath to admit it, the existence and positions of the key powers within the Hegemony are necessary to bring forth a world of balance. Without them present, it would essentially be a mirror image of the end of the Third Great War, where the opposition to the Hegemony of that time in Aegis ceased to exist, with no true coalition of such a nature appearing save from splitering from a larger force.

It is in that interest that alliances such as the New Pacific Order, the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, the Multicolored Cross-X Alliance, Valhalla, and the others must be allowed to exist, as well as thrive. This war is merely the method by which the Hegemony's power may be checked, and brought down, closer to the rest of the world, which effectively creates a bipolar (perhaps even tripolar, or quadpolar) state of affairs.

Such is the desirable path for Digiterra.

A fine point, had I even hinted that they should not exist. I love it when people can't respond to what I say so make up something else and use that as my argument.

Can't have a serious discussion when your own beliefs are so ridiculously unrealistic and utterly absurd.

I mean, by any means, having a "discussion" about it would mean accepting that your position has any validity, thus validating them. I do not accept that claim, nor shall I validate it. It is wrong. It is incorrect. And it is hilarious.

See you in three months, sport.

-Chron

I didn't realise that my beliefs had been discussed or that they were ridiculously unrealistic and utterly absurd.

Then 10 Tech should be a damn steal.

Oops. Please remember, Sal, the "R" word makes Nizzle break out in large, painful hives that ooze out specious logic.

Be more considerate in the future.

I can no longer follow what either of you are arguing, but that's an hilarious image. Hives that ooze specious logic. Oh lawdy! *steals*

I didn't realise that my beliefs had been discussed or that they were ridiculously unrealistic and utterly absurd.

Apparently you werent awake last night or two nights ago when you were posting in the Valhalla surrender thread.

Or epically smashed while doing so, which would explain a great many things about your justifications cited therein and in this thread.

Oinooink already tried that one in another thread. None of the Continuum are uninvolved alliances reluctantly dragged in via their treaties. You are part of the core of the Hegemony and therefore you should pay for what you have done both in the past and in this war.

You trying to equate yourself with alliances like DOOM and SSSW18 is ridiculous but I understand why you try and do it. :P

We were in this war due to honouring our treaties so my point still stands ;)

You should have said "Pleasing to see alliances I like* who went to war via their treaties getting white peace."

*I don't dislike would probably fit even better but it's not as much as a soundbite :P

Apparently you werent awake last night or two nights ago when you were posting in the Valhalla surrender thread.

Or epically smashed while doing so, which would explain a great many things about your justifications cited therein and in this thread.

So you're saying that because I felt that the war against Valhalla, from Kronos' point of view, was not about their actions in the NoCB war or wars from years+ ago rather that they attacked an ally in defense of their ally, and therefore reps weren't necessary for Kronos, though our ally who had been attacked was welcome to them if they wanted them (they did not), that I'm ridiculously unrealistic and utterly absurd?

So you're saying that because I felt that the war against Valhalla, from Kronos' point of view, was not about their actions in the NoCB war or wars from years+ ago rather that they attacked an ally in defense of their ally, and therefore reps weren't necessary for Kronos, though our ally who had been attacked was welcome to them if they wanted them (they did not), that I'm ridiculously unrealistic and utterly absurd?

No, if I were saying you were unrealistic and absurd I would be calling you Bozo.

Like the clown.

On the other hand, refusing to acknowledge your beliefs because they are patently unrealistic and hilariously absurd is a completely different matter altogether. If you feel that your reasons for your alliance's much vaunted "Moral superiority" are reasonable, then feel free to defend them and prove how they are.

Take as long as you need to, Ill be looking forward to it.

We were in this war due to honouring our treaties so my point still stands ;)

You should have said "Pleasing to see alliances I like* who went to war via their treaties getting white peace."

*I don't dislike would probably fit even better but it's not as much as a soundbite :P

No, Continuum as a bloc is what you are part of. Again, you are not an innocent ally dragged into this war. You are part of the core that caused it. But I realise why it is in your best interests to paint yourselves as unfortunate innocents. Sadly, some people are buying it.

No, if I were saying you were unrealistic and absurd I would be calling you Bozo.

Like the clown.

On the other hand, refusing to acknowledge your beliefs because they are patently unrealistic and hilariously absurd is a completely different matter altogether. If you feel that your reasons for your alliance's much vaunted "Moral superiority" are reasonable, then feel free to defend them and prove how they are.

Take as long as you need to, Ill be looking forward to it.

If I was suffering from "Moral Superiority" wouldn't I be on a crusade to right the wrongs that had been done to all those by the hegemony and playing World Police? Instead, I'm honoring my treaties and fighting with my allies - when time for peace terms came up regarding Valhalla, we followed our values (not decoming improvements/wonders and not cancelling treaties) and told our allies that we (Kronos) did not want any reps.

If I was suffering from "Moral Superiority" wouldn't I be on a crusade to right the wrongs that had been done to all those by the hegemony and playing World Police? Instead, I'm honoring my treaties and fighting with my allies - when time for peace terms came up regarding Valhalla, we followed our values (not decoming improvements/wonders and not cancelling treaties) and told our allies that we (Kronos) did not want any reps.

Huh. I think you've been standing too close to Nizzle since his allergies started acting up, the specious logic has dribbled all over this post.

No one has ever said "street justice" is placed on the stool of "moral superiority". It's acknowledging the necessity of getting one's own hands dirty with morally questionable actions to get the right thing done.

No, Continuum as a bloc is what you are part of. Again, you are not an innocent ally dragged into this war. You are part of the core that caused it. But I realise why it is in your best interests to paint yourselves as unfortunate innocents. Sadly, some people are buying it.

I don't really see what we did that was so evil this war, we just honoured our treaties. There's no spin there, it's just a plain cold fact.

I guess this is a discussion for another time though :/

I don't really see what we did that was so evil this war, we just honoured our treaties. There's no spin there, it's just a plain cold fact.

I guess this is a discussion for another time though :/

You lost this war so your scope for evil was limited. :P

This community has failed me, completely and utterly, by falling victim again to the most mindless of propaganda tactics.

I really didnt think people would buy into the white peace for all - otherwise you are just as bad as the Hegemony line of thought. I guess I shouldnt be suprised people caved so easily.

Oh well - clearly it was all too good to be true.

Huh. I think you've been standing too close to Nizzle since his allergies started acting up, the specious logic has dribbled all over this post.

No one has ever said "street justice" is placed on the stool of "moral superiority". It's acknowledging the necessity of getting one's own hands dirty with morally questionable actions to get the right thing done.

I'm pretty sure that we have plenty of blood on our hands and just because our sense of "the right thing" is different from yours does not change that fact.