Announcement from VE, AZTEC, ARES, and MCXA

I'm not pretending that posturing has been going on all over for a long time. The question being discussed is what it was that caused the sudden and concerted jump to peace mode. My point is that the impetus certainly wasn't a few instances of chest-beating.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not pretending that posturing has been going on all over for a long time. The question being discussed is what it was that caused the sudden and concerted jump to peace mode. My point is that the impetus certainly wasn't a few instances of chest-beating.

No, you're probably right there. The chest-beating was a symptom of what had been going on for several months now; a number of alliances were getting ready for war.

And most everyone with a clue knew that. So the sudden jump to peace-mode to setup a second wave, really, shouldn't have been a shock to anyone.

Apparently it was.

No, you're probably right there. The chest-beating was a symptom of what had been going on for several months now; a number of alliances were getting ready for war.

And most everyone with a clue knew that. So the sudden jump to peace-mode to setup a second wave, really, shouldn't have been a shock to anyone.

Apparently it was.

Think about that.

You usually don't jump nations to peace mode for several months when setting up your second waves. I'm told that there's economic hardships imposed for doing that. :P

Which in the end proves that there was one specific event that caused you all to hit peace mode, not just the posturing, but the notification of NPO and TORN that they were going to war.

Which in the end proves that there was one specific event that caused you all to hit peace mode, not just the posturing, but the notification of NPO and TORN that they were going to war.

You are aware that there were peace talks, right?

You don't have peace talks unless there's the possiibility of war.

Allow me to review the start of this line of discussion. Perhaps that will clarify the confusion. :)

Aha! So, this whole war, including the 'peace negotiations' with Ordo Verde before it started, was all planned in advance by the Hegemony? Because you ran to peace mode a day or two before the war even started, so if you were a planned second wave then clearly your side had no intention of coming to a peaceful resolution at any point.
We didn't find out about the OV thing until a day or two after the peace mode move, so no.

Nice try though :)

We didn't find out about the OV thing until a day or two after the peace mode move, so no.

Nice try though :)

fakeedit: dammit bzel

Oh, c'mon, Bob. There were open threats going on all over the forums for months before this war broke out. You'd have to be crazy not to be getting ready for it.

Here's one that was directed at me.

When the people on your side are putting up a "do something about it" attitude, surely you're aware that that tends to mean a war is coming soon? Or are you still holding to the idea that this war came completely out of the blue and you were totally surprised by it?

So, how was it MCXA didn't know about it?

I think Valhalla going into peace mode isn't really worth the arguing, they did what they needed to and to be honest...I can understand why. I am having trouble understanding why some people are unable to grasp this, please feel free to enlighten me.

Edited by Ejayrazz

I'm not allied to the MCXA. I can't really say much about how they get their information. I did conjecture that some of their internal difficulties after the TSO breakaway led to them not keeping up on current events though.

I'm not allied to the MCXA. I can't really say much about how they get their information. I did conjecture that some of their internal difficulties after the TSO breakaway led to them not keeping up on current events though.

Their allies wouldn't have informed them?

When Val went peace mode, the only thing we didn't know, was exactly when, or who we'd wind up going to war with.

We knew about OV and NPO and TORN and the talks. This is why we were sitting in peace mode waiting.

King Suck must have been drinking tonight.

But you sure can argue for him with facts he contradicts, right?

Well... Not sure I was arguing for him, precisely. I was just telling the truth about why Valhalla went to peace mode, one of the burning issues of our times. You can believe me or not; no skin off my nose.

I think Valhalla going into peace mode isn't really worth the arguing, they did what they needed to and to be honest...I can understand why. I am having trouble understanding why some people are unable to grasp this, please feel free to enlighten me.

And my post has to do with Valhalla, how? :wacko:

Well... Not sure I was arguing for him, precisely. I was just telling the truth about why Valhalla went to peace mode, one of the burning issues of our times. You can believe me or not; no skin off my nose.

Your truth seemed to be different from their truth. I wonder which one is right.

Ah, so anyone besides MCXA who didn't see the war coming is an idiot. Gotcha! ;)

Ah, so anyone besides MCXA who didn't see the war coming is an idiot. Gotcha! ;)

Well... I'd say "uninformed" rather than "idiot." And I'd include MCXA in that. :)

Idiots are usually uninformed, but occasionally intelligent people have good excuses for being uninformed.

When Val went peace mode, the only thing we didn't know, was exactly when, or who we'd wind up going to war with.

We knew about OV and NPO and TORN and the talks. This is why we were sitting in peace mode waiting.

King Suck must have been drinking tonight.

I think this post can end that subthread, since it is a clear statement that they knew there was a war coming (or at least a good chance of it) and it was therefore planned in Continuum those two days before.