A Review of Karmaism

SirDelirium

Perhaps it will not exist as a bloc on paper like Q did, but it will remain as an ideological bloc as long as the game is polarized in the current way. Until most of the major players change, Karma will exist in some form.

What part of "Karma is changing the way this game is polarized" didn't you understand? What part of "Karma is changing the power dynamics of the major players" didn't understand? You acknowledge that your thesis rests upon the current polarization and balance of power in the world. Knowing that Karma is changing these, the rest of your post is drivel at best.

TL;DR: Karma's raison d'etre is the re-polarization of the world and removal of power from the Hegemony. By definition, Karma must either turn on itself or dissipate once these are accomplished... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not resort to their level to punish them for their crimes. If you resort to genocide to punish a country for the act of genocide you are no better than them. I refuse to sink to their level.

I have openly stated to my leaders that if they endorse the use of perma-ZI or forced re-rolls after this game I will walk. That is simply all there is to it. I have been perma-ZI'd, I will not do it to somebody else.

Then you do not endorse Karma.

Edited by Druid

Then you do not endorse Karma.

Karma is a name describing a diverse group of people that have ended up on the side of changing the work. It's not karma, the actual philosophical ideal.

/if the name Ballet Dancers would have been the one that termed this little revolution, you think people on that side of the fence would be prancing around in tights?

Karma the movement stands for them getting theirs by casting them down for the things they've done. We don't have to use their methods to achieve that goal.

Methods are immaterial. War is war, no matter the reason. The ledgers are full of debts that must be repaid. Staying your hand and giving mercy for past transgressions only puts your further into the hole. Do you think they would give your mercy, were the situations reversed? That they would stop? No; never. If we let them continue, they will return with the intention of destroying those who attempted to destroyed them. And when they do, they will not have the same frame of mind that you possess.

-1 and .5 will never balance. It must be 1 to -1. There are debts to be paid still.

Edited by Druid

Karma is a name describing a diverse group of people that have ended up on the side of changing the work. It's not karma, the actual philosophical ideal.

"What goes around comes around"

/if the name Ballet Dancers would have been the one that termed this little revolution, you think people on that side of the fence would be prancing around in tights?

I do not believe that a revolution based around ballet, even Mozart's, would be successful. Null point.

Edited by Druid

Harsh punishments were dealt in the past; therefore, harsh punishments must be dealt in return. That is karma.

By returning the sins of our enemies we are no better than that which we sought to throw down, and thus our actions wasted.

"What goes around comes around"

I do not believe that a revolution based around ballet, even Mozart's, would be successful. Null point.

No, it' id not a null point. You're getting hung up on a label that's the popular one to describe the diverse grouping on one side of this. It's just that, a label, and not the physical manifestation of a philosophical ideal.

/and for the record, I think a revolution devoted to providing a less revealing codpiece for male ballet dancers would find success.

By returning the sins of our enemies we are no better than that which we sought to throw down, and thus our actions wasted.

There are marked differences between senseless murder and revenge for a wrongful-act, as are there differences between Justice and Sadism.

No, it' id not a null point. You're getting hung up on a label that's the popular one to describe the diverse grouping on one side of this. It's just that, a label, and not the physical manifestation of a philosophical ideal.

I am quite sure that many embody the philosophy by citing past instances of wrong doings, unjust acts, and affronts by NPO. Phrases such as "what goes around comes around", "Needing a Stern Talking to Since 2006", "The Revolution Past its Time", and other such catchy iterations point to a desire for reconciliation. Furthermore, if the enemy is eliminated now, all things will be equal. There shall no longer be a reason for revenge on any account. Passing over Pacifica now will only perpetuate the desire for revenge, furthering the cycle. By failing to act now, you will ensure that this will happen again.

Edited by Druid

Methods are immaterial. War is war, no matter the reason. The ledgers are full of debts that must be repaid. Staying your hand and giving mercy for past transgressions only puts your further into the hole. Do you think they would give your mercy, were the situations reversed? That they would stop? No; never. If we let them continue, they will return with the intention of destroying those who attempted to destroyed them. And when they do, they will not have the same frame of mind that you possess.

-1 and .5 will never balance. It must be 1 to -1. There are debts to be paid still.

Of course they wouldn't. That's why we're where we are now. And if we stoop to their level of "mercy" then we become what we have just sought to end. And then we have done nothing but sate our dark pleasures with no true achievement of purpose.

"Whoever battles monsters should take care not to become a monster too, for if you stare long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss stares also into you."- Friedrich Nietzsche

That must be remembered by all of us in this current war lest we become the monsters we so hate.

Of course they wouldn't. That's why we're where we are now. And if we stoop to their level of "mercy" then we become what we have just sought to end. And then we have done nothing but sate our dark pleasures with no true achievement of purpose.

"Whoever battles monsters should take care not to become a monster too, for if you stare long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss stares also into you."- Friedrich Nietzsche

That must be remembered by all of us in this current war lest we become the monsters we so hate.

What Karma becomes after defeating the monster is up to that group. Cancer cannot be removed without the use of the scalpel, and at this stage in the proceedings, everyone seems to think that peeps can make incisions.

Furthermore, Nietzsche is only quoted by teenagers and only understood by old men. Please stop cliche'ing up the place.

Edited by Druid

What Karma becomes after defeating the monster is up to that group. Cancer cannot be removed without the use of the scalpel, and at this stage in the proceedings, everyone seems to think that peeps can make incisions.

Furthermore, Nietzsche is only quoted by teenagers and only understood by old men. Please stop cliche'ing up the place.

Ouch, on the Nietzsche. Though ya missed the mark by a few years. ;)

The moment we give in to their tactics we become the monster. And I keep forgetting to say that most of what you say only really applies if we want to destroy NPO. In fact many of us don't. We want them humbled, beaten down, but not gone. The game would be a lesser place without NPO, even if only to because I won't be spending my time wondering what crazy trick they'll pull to take the top and obliterate us all.

Ouch, on the Nietzsche. Though ya missed the mark by a few years. ;)

The moment we give in to their tactics we become the monster. And I keep forgetting to say that most of what you say only really applies if we want to destroy NPO. In fact many of us don't. We want them humbled, beaten down, but not gone. The game would be a lesser place without NPO, even if only to because I won't be spending my time wondering what crazy trick they'll pull to take the top and obliterate us all.

That is your prerogative then. Understand though, it is not mine.

Edited by Druid