A Win-Win for the NPO?

NewYinzer

NPO is just a collection of statistics and infrastructure like any other alliance, and the war system has changed irreversibly since they were let off lightly in GW1, with no reps.

The visions you present are unlikely, but the obvious main risk is Karma becoming oppressive in order to keep NPO down in the wake of the war, undermining their own cause.

Fighting machine alliances in this game always die in the end, when they lose the support and when theyre so outnumbered that organization and skill can only slightly lessen the masses of infra being lost each day. We will see where this ends up :)

PYT.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is only one way this war shall end

a NPO victory no question

why?

Karma is a Lose confederacy with limited gov.

Band wagon effect reversed: once the band wagon come to the conclusion that this war will not be the quick "war to end all wars" that was origanly through, and having not been ready for a large conflict like the larger AA they will be forced in to surrender terms and the NS of so called karma will be hurt badly.

then the remaining powers of so called karma will see their power diminishing forcing them to seek the best surrender terms for their AA having few official ties to their "allies".

After the first Major Peace the remaining AA's will be forced to seek peace. not wanting to be the last member of so called karma standing and most likely being forced to abandon their AA for ever.

you know you are so missinformed that i find your post sad instead of funny.

Maybe some of the alliances who joined the conflict on Karma side are unprepared, but most knew excactly what they were getting into. Yes this war won't be fast, nor will it be cheap (even though i am "winning" my war i have lost 7k NS simply because my target is nuking back and attacking for all he is worth), but in the end i am confident i can outlast him and if necessary 3 others like him. Why? Because i had 600m warchest prepared instead of the 120m he had at the start of this war.

In the end we will see, at a guess both sides will have lost a lot, but in my mind there is no doubt about who will win this war.

Mmmm,...

Scenario;

The Hegemony is defeated, runs back to lick it's wound but nonetheless still have the necessary resources and manpower to come back again, but due to war time tensions splits into a several little blocs of power. Karma having won and it's purpose served dissolved into their respective sphere of influences. NPO, beaten but still a powerhouse and a major political player consolidate their power into a new power bloc, Karma and ex-NPO alliances consolidates into rivaling powerblocs, but due to differences in worldview, does not become the single force of nature called Karma again, instead becomes two different blocs that has a signifying most common denominator among it's member alliances.

The Three Powerblocs rivals each others, waning and waxing in power but never enough to topple one another, if one faction goes too strong the other two will try to counter balance one faction. All is well, there'll be times of peace and building, as well as good fights to fight.

... then the each leaders of the original faction dies out because the grow tired of managing their alliances, slowly but surely the powerblocs faded,... along comes Sima Yi's grandson, Sima Yan and founded the Jin dynasty... ummmm... ignore the last part.

Edited by Geiseric

Karma will never become some juggernaut superBLOC because the interests of its party members are not aligned except by disgust towards NPO actions. Once the war is done chances of all karma members remaining close are poor. There is also no particular reason to assume that any top alliance will inevitably become like the NPO (a more or less avowedly fascist alliance). Any alliance that fights only defensive wars as the top alliance is unlikely to get into the same trouble NPO has found itself in, no?

Beyond that, I would say that there is nothing hypocritical if karma choose to impose harsh terms on the NPO following the conclusion of this war. That would not be undermining the cause of Karma in the slightest as NPO has consistently revealed themselves to be the single greatest threat to decency on Planet Bob. If Karma's goal is to stop manufactured CBs and unjust wars that requires enforcement. But treating the NPO harshly is not the same as treating the entirety (especially much smaller alliances) harshly.

It is astounding to see people who think the NPO are going to come out of this on top. They are already nearly evened off with IRON for top alliance and this war is yet young. Most members in the NPO do not have any unifying cause in mind when they do what they do. They joined a big alliance for the reasons most people do: protection and convenience. Karma is not losing NS quickly at all. NPO is though. Your predictions that NPO will win this war are actually madness. I am not saying NPO will be destroyed but to try to call this a victory is insane. I presume you must come deeply saturated with NPO propaganda because you'd have to have a pretty messed up definition of victory to apply it here.

Discussions like this are important because they remind you just how skewed some people's views on the matter are. The most likely outcome from this war is that it will be much harder for one giant alliance to call the shots. That, it seems to me, is the avowed goal of Karma. I think that is almost certainly going to be accomplished if only for a limited time period. When the balance goes off again we can fight it out.

Scenario nr 1, NPO loses:

NPO loses

Jesus comes back and give NPO the secret to immortality.

NPO becomes bigger than everybody and starts to eat people.

Scenario nr 2, NPO wins:

NPO wins the war.

NPO wins.

See, its a win/win situation.

Analysis

In many of the early wars in CyberNations, the NPO has shown that it can rebuild itself despite heavy losses. If the core of the NPO remains, they will rebuild quickly and efficiently. Having lost the war, the NPO will probably reinvent itself, figuring out ways to increase its power in Planet Bob. Its loss will motivate it to become a dominant power in CyberNations once again. As controversial as it sounds, this is a very likely scenario, considering the NPO's high level of organization.

And now for scenario nr3, reality check:

1:Back then war reps were unheard of. Now the NPO will pay reps, and will be weaker for it.

2:Now surrender terms include demilitarization clauses.

3:So NPO will grow and all the others in CN will just stay stagnant because thats what happens when you unleash unto CN hordes of POW's who dont like their side of the war

4:If you think that the NPO can win even if it loses than the NPO is winning right now?

See that nuke I am launching towards an NPO-er ? Pure win.

See the alliances that tried to abandon NPO ? Pure win.

When NpO died they atleast had people willing to fight, the only reason the hegemony faught now is because they knew their treaties would be worth as much as toiletpaper in the future if they didnt fight.

NPO not only lost the war, the lost their status, the status of being on top and everybody wanting to have a treaty with you for self preservation.

1 month from now:

Who knows?

95% the NPO wins

4.9% indecisive stalemate

0.06% Elvis & John Lennon return in a UFO and usher in an era of unrivalled wealth & prosperity for all.

0.04% NPO loses

6 months from now:

NPO has rebuilt bigger and better than before regardless of the outcome of the war.

you know you are so missinformed that i find your post sad instead of funny.

Maybe some of the alliances who joined the conflict on Karma side are unprepared, but most knew excactly what they were getting into. Yes this war won't be fast, nor will it be cheap (even though i am "winning" my war i have lost 7k NS simply because my target is nuking back and attacking for all he is worth), but in the end i am confident i can outlast him and if necessary 3 others like him. Why? Because i had 600m warchest prepared instead of the 120m he had at the start of this war.

In the end we will see, at a guess both sides will have lost a lot, but in my mind there is no doubt about who will win this war.

If such is the case that the Alliances knew what they were geting into i am even more suspicious that those so called peace talks ever really had anything to do with peace at all. They just severed as a spark for so called Karma to attack the NPO for defending it its secrets.

If you looks at history confederacys rarely win.

Losses:

US civil

French Indian

Wolfe Tone rebellion

Gaelic War

Hanable

Sparticus

ect

stalemate:

war of 1812

WWI: untill the USA joined

yes i know RL is not CN but its group dynamics im talking about group dynamics do not change