Waste Land

Byron Orpheus

Perhaps by that same logic you should not be quite so incendiary in your comments, lest those comments come back to haunt you.

In case you haven't noticed, there's some kind of war going on right now. I think the time for caution in commentary is long passed.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more; you should pass that idea along to your ally.

My allies have been cautious in their commentary? Please, find someone who Avalanche is allied to who has been level-headed and intelligent in their posts.

Perhaps by that same logic you should not be quite so incendiary in your comments, lest those comments come back to haunt you.

I'm not being incendiary, I'm being realistic. Over half the alliance is in anarchy, it's probably going to be 3/4 by the time the weekend is over. By my count, the alliance is down 16 nations in the past ten days, including the highest NS member. There are many many people on Planet Bob that would prefer to have the GGA go away permanently either by wiping you out militarily or imposing harsh surrender terms. If you think the best way to help the alliance is to write essays on how NPOs enemies will have to grovel before them, more power to you. But I honestly don't think you're doing the GGA any favors here.

I'm not being incendiary, I'm being realistic. Over half the alliance is in anarchy, it's probably going to be 3/4 by the time the weekend is over. By my count, the alliance is down 16 nations in the past ten days, including the highest NS member. There are many many people on Planet Bob that would prefer to have the GGA go away permanently either by wiping you out militarily or imposing harsh surrender terms. If you think the best way to help the alliance is to write essays on how NPOs enemies will have to grovel before them, more power to you. But I honestly don't think you're doing the GGA any favors here.

It would be much better if all writings on the war represented the views of Karma, correct?

I wrote about the destruction of the current order; neither side will have an easy time of things-- but we will remain.

Again, you might want to refrain from discussing the results of this war until it's finished.

Edited by Quiziotle

Again, you might want to refrain from discussing the results of this war until it's finished.

It is a prediction, same as any other. If you can't see the blatant hypocrisy in demanding that "Hegemony" alliances refrain from their own statements of support and encouragement when there are about five for every member of Karma, you are blinder than even I believed.

Even the inept can beat a person who isn't present.

The fact that you weren't their proves your failure to fight effectively... honestly, switching to defcon 5 to collect at update at the very beginning (and thus blitzy heights) of war? Ridiculous.

Also, I think we are collectively attempting to argue with the father in this.

It is a prediction, same as any other. If you can't see the blatant hypocrisy in demanding that "Hegemony" alliances refrain from their own statements of support and encouragement when there are about five for every member of Karma, you are blinder than even I believed.

It appeared to me that you were suggesting this to be the definite outcome of the war, not a plausible one. If that's the case though, then it's just a very poor prediction.

Sorry for the mistake!

Edited by Quiziotle

We fight for home, we fight for our way of life, we fight for all that we have strived to build. They will taunt us and attempt to break our spirits, but in the end all of their meaningless rhetoric and populist ideals will not be able to withstand the fury of our steel and fire.

GGAngster, I'm pretty sure, this time, they're throwing a bit more than meaningless rhetoric and populist ideals at you (something like 170 million NS, 33k nukes, and 7100 members).

You don't fight for your home. Trust me, I was a GGA ally once, and I can assure you, sir, there is one thing GGA is not capable of doing; fighting. I really don't meant this as an insult, but I recall a certain incident in which, for three nights in a row, GGA Trivum guranteed they'd counter-blitz a number of peace mode nations in Hyperion who'd come out of peace mode and hit my alliance, which happened to be supporting GGA at the time.

By the fourth day, three times more Valhalla nations were assisting us than GGA nations. I can honestly say that alliances I've never signed a treaty with have been more helpful in times of war than GGA. You guys have some great traits (great recruitment, good morale, pretty nice forums), but fighting is not something GGA knows how to do.

And, trust me, the fury of your steel and fire will not hold out long. As I told your trivum two weeks ago, I'm going to get out of your alliances EZI sentence by outliving you, and it won't take too long.

P.S. Well written post, and I really liked the poem

-EG

I stopped reading at about right here.

Only reading the first line and forming an opinion of the whole article is the definition of ignorance.

I suggest you read the whole thing before I take any comment you make seriously.

Read the whole thing and comment as to why you disagree at least.

Only reading the first line and forming an opinion of the whole article is the definition of ignorance.

I suggest you read the whole thing before I take any comment you make seriously.

Read the whole thing and comment as to why you disagree at least.

Some people just have no problem being ignorant, and seem to wear it is a badge of honor.

Interesting propaganda. I would like to know how honoring treaties on the KARMA side merits us for cowardice; while those who abandoned NPO for no other reason than pure cowardice, only to change minds 12 hours later(and thus being bandwagoneers) are on the civilized side? :huh:. This is probably the most even-sided Big war in CN history, rather than the truly cowardly NPO-led curb stomp. You will be humbled to realize that the masses united together against the most powerful alliances in the games, can bring you to your knees, your allies and NPO are not invincible. Well credit is due, you are a good writer, and I enjoyed reading that.

Edited by Marcos

4. I hereby announce that whosoever fights this man down to ZI (and sends me a few screens or logs of byron getting pwnd in that war, for my amusement) will be named an honorary member of my nation Heggomonomy, which entitles them to a substantiative cash reward from my treasury, proportional to the degree to which Byron was pwnd. Payment will be after the war, once I have non reserved aid slots. (If my nation gets trashed, I'll give tech instead.)

Someone has a little personal hatred. Calm down son.

And yet you write about your imminent destruction? It's pretty easy to see that this is nothing more than a failed ploy for attention and sympathy, only one of which have you received.

I fail to see where he is calling for any sympathy

I stopped reading at about right here.

It seems a lot of misinformed posters in here did.

Byron this propaganda only serves to strengthen your opponents resolve, it's like trying to use water to put out an oil fire sure water works in in most types of fire, but in this instance your only making the fire worse.

I believe much of this hatred comes from GGA die hard's failing to realize their current situation. I'm all for standing in the face of overwhelming odds but if I were being defeated handily in battle I wouldn't deny that fact. I would concede my defeat in battle but still hold steadfast to the ideals I believe in. It seems to me you in GGA are only fulfilling one of those (I'll let you guess which).

I read through this, and found myself strangely reminded of an old cartoon. You know, the kind people used to watch before the war. I remembered a line that the villain would say at the end of the cartoon, after having all his carefully-laid plans crumble around him.

"I'll get you next time, Gadget! NEEEEEEEEXT TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!"

Thanks for the laugh, OP, it's the best one I've had all day.

Poor, poor Bryon. His carefully manicured Pacifican utopia is crashing down around his ears and all he has to fight it are his memories and his disbelief.

The GGA will no longer have another alliance to provide it with security and direction. It could be a grand opportunity for the GGA to discover its independence – or it could just go down in flames trying to stop the inevitable.

Silence, you fiend of the infernal pit! Stay your tongue, you vile pile of pus, for you know not the slightest mote of what you pretend to speak of. Your nation has been on this planet since this January, while mine was born two years prior. I've seen the bitter end of a losing war before. I'm still here, and I have every confidence that two years from now your dark and treacherous blight on this world will cease to exist. Your kind exists only to stir the hearts of men with your crafty words and evil pacts, but the time is at hand where your words will fall upon the deaf ears. The swords of the destroying angels are at your neck, and they will not hear one word of your disgusting attempts to mislead and misguide the innocent and naive. The time for speeches is past. Now you must reap what you have sown.

As lebubu stated: thanks for the speech. Have fun dying.

Edited by Reptyler