World Map 6.0

LeVentNoir

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy for you? Lol, you treat the map like your own personal creation, and it's really not.

I'm stating my opinion. If other active mapmakers think otherwise and make a map, I will follow. But then, I'm sure we'll have backseat drivers complaining, when they don't even bother to help the ones who do the actual work.

The main problem we have here is that everyone can participate, but the mass majority are piggyback riding while bossing around those who sacrifice their time for the community. If you don't like something, get out MS Paint and start editting, or let others do the sweating and say nothing.

Edited by Sumeragi

I'm stating my opinion. If other active mapmakers think otherwise and make a map, I will follow. But then, I'm sure we'll have backseat drivers complaining, when they don't even bother to help the ones who do the actual work.

The main problem we have here is that everyone can participate, but the mass majority are piggyback riding while bossing around those who sacrifice their time for the community. If you don't like something, get out MS Paint and start editting, or let others do the sweating and say nothing.

People have the right to give their opinion or give positive and negative criticism as long as they're respectful. I don’t participate in map making, because on the rare occasions I've tried to edit the current map it took several minutes for my compute to load the file, and every time I click to add color to the file I’m forced to wait another several minutes. I don’t know who’s been bossing you around, but frankly it comes with the territory of doing any job, and if you cant deal with it then I suggest you hand in your two weeks notice.

People have the right to give their opinion or give positive and negative criticism as long as they're respectful.

And I gave my own conflicting opinion, nothing more, nothing less. It's not my problem if you think I have an entitlement complex.

People have the right to give their opinion or give positive and negative criticism as long as they're respectful. I don’t participate in map making, because on the rare occasions I've tried to edit the current map it took several minutes for my compute to load the file, and every time I click to add color to the file I’m forced to wait another several minutes. I don’t know who’s been bossing you around, but frankly it comes with the territory of doing any job, and if you cant deal with it then I suggest you hand in your two weeks notice.

Sumeragi has a point, map makers are doing a voluntary service to try to keep the RP running; they are not the slaves of the hoard. That being said people need to moderate their own criticism and the manner in which they request alterations lest we ourselves without map makers. They can as you already said simply pack up shop and leave, or beyond that simply refuse to make alterations for particular people, and while you might think they should be able to tolerate criticism that is entirely up to them.

And I gave my own conflicting opinion, nothing more, nothing less. It's not my problem if you think I have an entitlement complex.

I don't think that was really an opinion, but ok. You have every right to not do what someone here thinks might be a good idea, but try not to be so smug about it. I’m not the only person to say that you seem to act that way in the map thread.

Sumeragi has a point, map makers are doing a voluntary service to try to keep the RP running; they are not the slaves of the hoard. That being said people need to moderate their own criticism and the manner in which they request alterations lest we ourselves without map makers. They can as you already said simply pack up shop and leave, or beyond that simply refuse to make alterations for particular people, and while you might think they should be able to tolerate criticism that is entirely up to them.

I didn’t see anyone here bossing the mapmakers around or treating them like slaves. People ask for updates, and the mapmakers get around to it whenever they want. Sometimes in-between people ask for the same thing several times. When this happens Sumeragi from time to time gets a really sour attitude like we're all standing behind her with whips forcing her to update the map immediately. If you cant handle the criticism or cant handle the demand then maybe what you're doing isn’t the best thing for you to do. CNRP can exist without a map, and in many ways it was better without the map.

I didn’t see anyone here bossing the mapmakers around or treating them like slaves. People ask for updates, and the mapmakers get around to it whenever they want. Sometimes in-between people ask for the same thing several times. When this happens Sumeragi from time to time gets a really sour attitude like we're all standing behind her with whips forcing her to update the map immediately. If you cant handle the criticism or cant handle the demand then maybe what you're doing isn’t the best thing for you to do. CNRP can exist without a map, and in many ways it was better without the map.

Eh, I'd say your characterization of her was rather uncalled for. I didn't see a "sour" attitude I simply saw a reminder to people to either submit their requests and accept what is produced or take some responsibility and help out. I don't see why thats such a bad thing seeing as how now we are no longer locked into one map maker. She has already expressed the fact that she is limited by the computers she has access to, and given explicit directions on how to submit an update (if you want her to be able to add it for you). You can't really blame her for getting a bit annoyed when people are whining about her not being able to update the map with their requests which are either uploaded on photobucket, or in img tags. And as for us not having a map, I've been here when there was no map, and personally I didn't like it. The map gives the game context, without it who knows what the $%&@ is going on.

Edited by iamthey

map

Antarctica has been filled in to what I can best guess what is owned. From left to right.

Teal = Dranagg

Red = Helzan

Green = Lubeck (Right?)

yellow/brown = Borderland Republic of Antarctica

neon green = union of antarctica

blue = U.R.P.R

Yellow = I.S.A.F. Headquarters

faded green = Hanseatic commonweath

Teal = is the other side of Dranagg

Edit: forgot, the purple island, is mascurian.

Unfortunately it looks like the picture posted is heavily distorted (eg the way it was saved screwed it up), you can't zoom anymore. I think it will probably need to be re-saved and re-uploaded.

I did an update of my own (I happen to have photoshop).

Changes made:

Island owned my Lubeck now is owned by Transvaal.

Kingdom of Serca protectorate added.

Norfolk Naval Authority (IA) added (I retained and discarded the economic aspects which made it a colony (now its just a military base).

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6729/iamtheymap1.png

Edited by iamthey

luantarc.png

Purple land is under the protection of Lübeck, and yes, I have had this land claim for quite a few months. This land is open to new nations, yet if an existing nation wishes to make a deal over it, I am listening.

Edit: The land labelled Sassain on this map is actually part of Lübeck now.

Edited by Franz Ferdinand

luantarc.png

Purple land is under the protection of Lübeck, and yes, I have had this land claim for quite a few months. This land is open to new nations, yet if an existing nation wishes to make a deal over it, I am listening.

The lands in purple are now owned by Helza, while his former South American holdings are now in the possession of Lübeck.

Source of Claim

Sumergai give me a minute or two and il have the neccessary links you need just signing up to image shakc now for you ^^

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7051/helzaexpansionedit.png

That should be the link you need for the expansion I am putting in.

Yes that worked.

Edited by King Kevz

Sumergai give me a minute or two and il have the neccessary links you need just signing up to image shakc now for you ^^

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7051/helzaexpansionedit.png

That should be the link you need for the expansion I am putting in.

Yes that worked.

Just a clean up of the lands in that image which shall now be under the influence of Lübeck:

The new Antarctican holdings of Lübeck

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3594/luantarc.png

I claimed Berkner Island a long time ago (that map is distorted and it shows up as a peninsula). On the current map, it's the largest island east of the Lubeck controlled land. Please label it USA.

The Almighty Stiggy lays claim to the vacant northern areas of Africa west of Egypt. I request the colour black pl0x :)

TopGearClaims1.png

My nation shall be called Top Gear, btw. :P

Black is not an option. Choose another colour.

I claimed Berkner Island a long time ago (that map is distorted and it shows up as a peninsula). On the current map, it's the largest island east of the Lubeck controlled land. Please label it USA.

I shall support this claim.

(I've been trying to reach you to discuss what you owned around there for a few weeks or so, yet I could never find you on IRC)