Dazed and Confused

King Srqt

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He admitted to already having talked with them many times before, already knew there was a screenshot coming, and prior being given the screenshot promised to not spread it so as to protect the identity of the spy. He even went so far as to promise to guard this identity "with his life".

Quite far from the "innocent exchange amongst gentlemen" that's being touted around here.

Saying you will accept spies, recruiting & accepting said spies, getting information from spies and protecting the identity of spies - put together, that makes you one with them.

So the fact that NPO and allies accepted information from a spy to catch him, knew what they were getting before they accepted it and are now protecting the identity of said spy is different because.....?

I have asked them personally, they will not.

But but Letum said:

Saying you will accept spies, recruiting & accepting said spies, getting information from spies and protecting the identity of spies - put together, that makes you one with them.

Ok I didn't wanna split hairs but hey why not?

I think there is a fundamental difference in spying to defend your alliance and spying to gain sensitive information that could help in the destruction of an alliance. Both are underhanded and in my view wrong in principle. However, I can more tolerate taking information to defend yourself. It's not like NPO is seeking screenies of Vanguard's or MK's or Rok's or Gremlins private high security forums to help them win the next war. They are trying to plug leaks in their own alliance. I think there is a difference.

I'm sure those of you who wanna hate on the powers that be will want to look past the difference but hey that's why you're here.

How do you think they got the information? Also, people trade information in private channels all the time. You cant honestly be saying that this isn't a common practice.

I can guess with some certainty they attained it from an unsavory character. I can't prove it though. Read my previous post.

Edited by magicninja

Ok I didn't wanna split hairs but hey why not?

I think there is a fundamental difference in spying to defend your alliance and spying to gain sensitive information that could help in the destruction of an alliance. Both are underhanded and in my view wrong in principle. However, I can more tolerate taking information to defend yourself. It's not like NPO is seeking screenies of Vanguard's or MK's or Rok's or Gremlins private high security forums to help them win the next war. They are trying to plug leaks in their own alliance. I think there is a difference.

I'm sure those of you who wanna hate on the powers that be will want to look past the difference but hey that's why you're here.

But you do not think their is a difference between actively spying and passively accepting a screen shot with nothing more than what was basically common knowledge?

But you do not think their is a difference between actively spying and passively accepting a screen shot with nothing more than what was basically common knowledge?

Once you agree to accept screenies from a foreign forum you aren't passively doing anything. You've just actively sought the info. I don't think NPO would like their warchest requirements becoming common knowledge anymore than any other alliance would.

Once you agree to accept screenies from a foreign forum you aren't passively doing anything. You've just actively sought the info. I don't think NPO would like their warchest requirements becoming common knowledge anymore than any other alliance would.

Then their members should stop discussing it in public channels.

As to the spying "in defense of your alliance" it is still spying. It is either wrong or it is not, if you feel that spying is such an unforgivable crime that you aren't even willing to compromise the terms by allowing the offender to step down form gov and never again hold a gov position then I do not think it is a practice you should be partaking in.

My warchest is 420million. :mellow:

I can guess with some certainty they attained it from an unsavory character. I can't prove it though. Read my previous post.

What does that have to do with anything?

Where did he actively seek the info?

My warchest is 420million. :mellow:

Hey then why am I selling infra when you could be buying? <_<

Also if you want the info out there that's on you. Some may not want it out there.

@potato I know what he meant. I was just showing him the difference in this situation.

@azaghul The guy asked if he wanted screenies of NPO's forums and the guy said yes. He knew what he was getting. He may not have asked for it but he knew what he was getting. He actively chose to take what the guy was offering.

If the guy had posted the link and said "Look at these sigs I made!" That is a different story. He wasn't actively seeking it but he got it anyway in that case.

Hey then why am I selling infra when you could be buying? <_<

Also if you want the info out there that's on you. Some may not want it out there.

@potato I know what he meant. I was just showing him the difference in this situation.

@azaghul The guy asked if he wanted screenies of NPO's forums and the guy said yes. He knew what he was getting. He may not have asked for it but he knew what he was getting. He actively chose to take what the guy was offering.

If the guy had posted the link and said "Look at these sigs I made!" That is a different story. He wasn't actively seeking it but he got it anyway in that case.

If you've ever gotten information about another alliance from a third party, then you are guilty of the same crime. (Hint: you have).

Then their members should stop discussing it in public channels.

As to the spying "in defense of your alliance" it is still spying. It is either wrong or it is not, if you feel that spying is such an unforgivable crime that you aren't even willing to compromise the terms by allowing the offender to step down form gov and never again hold a gov position then I do not think it is a practice you should be partaking in.

I agree. Loose lips sink ships.

Well tell me then KingSrqt, if someone came to you and said hey I got evidence this guy is spying on you for so and so...would you take it?

How about any of you? Would you take it?

Now if someone came to you and said hey I got screenies of this alliance's gov forums do you want a peek?

Would you take it?

Which seems more wrong in your mind?