My Statement

Bob

He's seen logs Jordite. He knows everything. Do try to keep up eh?

I think he has tried more than once to relay that you both (both sides that is) screwed the pooch, why keep harping on him? Trying to further malcontent much? Figures.

As far as this thread is concerned, yeah, someone is paying his bills for him and that is finished, but his character, I think that is what is in question at this point. That is what has kept this thread going. To say his character is not questionable is ignorant at best.

Playing a condescending pr*&k does not make you look like the guy getting beaten for nothing, only someone getting a kick in the $@! that deserves it and nothing less.

Edited by Chimay

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he has tried more than once to relay that you both (both sides that is) screwed the pooch, why keep harping on him? Trying to further malcontent much? Figures.

As far as this thread is concerned, yeah, someone is paying his bills for him and that is finished, but his character, I think that is what is in question at this point. That is what has kept this thread going. To say his character is not questionable is ignorant at best.

Playing a condescending pr*&k does not make you look like the guy getting beaten for nothing, only someone getting a kick in the $@! that deserves it and nothing less.

Why keep harping on Flinders? Why did you come here in the first place? Did it have anything to do with Bob's agreement with GRAN? Or are you the one trying to further malcontent? Or maybe this issue is finished and we should all go do something more constructive.

Why keep harping on Flinders? Why did you come here in the first place? Did it have anything to do with Bob's agreement with GRAN? Or are you the one trying to further malcontent? Or maybe this issue is finished and we should all go do something more constructive.

Erm, pretty sure I outlined why this thread and the interest in CF by some was still here.

Bob is to me, one cool dude for undertaking another persons bills. Especially when he does not know the person much.

Furthering malcontent, I dunno, I think it lays more in the posts where one keeps bringing up a part of the subject that is not in refute. JWConner said more than once that both sides screwed the pooch and I don't think many refute that, from either side, yet CF seems to have an issue with understanding that, it does not further anything at all except malcontent, i.e. furthering malcontent.

My issue is not with his debt he has gotten out of but his character. I harp on Flinders as I feel he deserves it. He has played the lame duck here when he is anything but.

both sides screwed the pooch and I don't think many refute that, from either side, yet CF seems to have an issue with understanding that

I have no problem understanding my mistakes in the situation. I should have kept record of what I received. The government of GRAN should have as well so those two faults being equally placed essential cancel out each other. We then find ourselves on an even playing field of blame from which to conduct negotiations. At least, that's how a logical and rational person would see it.

Instead, the government of GRAN pursued the issue to millions more than necessary, placing myself on a ZI list, and sanctioning me costing myself and others countless millions more. Looking at the level of blame/fault in this situation, GRAN has clearly been the aggressor. I don't need to play the victim. The facts stand for themselves.

At the end of the day, none of the participants in this situation (original or later involved) have come out looking good. What began as an issue of a member departing his alliance has turned into the issuance of a ZI sentence, sanctions, recriminations, the involvement of at least seven alliances to varying degrees (GRAN, PC, TPF, TSI, Athens, Nemesis and TGE - my apologies for any omissions) and a whole slew of nonsense which has generally blown far beyond the scope of what actually happened here.

Did people screw up? Certainly.

Are people wanting to admit they screwed up? Some are, some aren't.

Does any of this really matter? Not really.

To Captain Flinders, you have secured your release from terms and are free to go just as I had hoped for you.

To GRAN, you have your compensation for the monies you gave out through your aid program. Use them well.

To Athens and Nemesis, you have fought for the morals you believe in - good job.

To TPF, you have fought for your allies thick and thin - good job.

The issue here has been debated, hacked over and dragged out long enough. It's time to let it die and move along - there'll be plenty more bread and circuses in the future, I'm certain.

At the end of the day, none of the participants in this situation (original or later involved) have come out looking good. What began as an issue of a member departing his alliance has turned into the issuance of a ZI sentence, sanctions, recriminations, the involvement of at least seven alliances to varying degrees (GRAN, PC, TPF, TSI, Athens, Nemesis and TGE - my apologies for any omissions) and a whole slew of nonsense which has generally blown far beyond the scope of what actually happened here.

Did people screw up? Certainly.

Are people wanting to admit they screwed up? Some are, some aren't.

Does any of this really matter? Not really.

To Captain Flinders, you have secured your release from terms and are free to go just as I had hoped for you.

To GRAN, you have your compensation for the monies you gave out through your aid program. Use them well.

To Athens and Nemesis, you have fought for the morals you believe in - good job.

To TPF, you have fought for your allies thick and thin - good job.

The issue here has been debated, hacked over and dragged out long enough. It's time to let it die and move along - there'll be plenty more bread and circuses in the future, I'm certain.

Honorable Tokugawa Mitsukuni speaks the truth.

Honorable Tokugawa Mitsukuni speaks the truth.

That he does.

(one correction though, Veritas Aequitas is GRAN's only **official** ally in this whole mess, although TPF was their protector way back when. Semantics I know, but still :D )

Again, glad to see this issue resolved. Time to go back to collecting :D