Sarah and Sargun's History of the World

Sarah Tintagyl

Promised Land's origins lie with the Lost Colony of Roanoke. Little is known about what happened to them int he real world, but in mine, they blemnded with the local Indian tribes, introducing them to the idea of Christianity. over time (nearly a cetury), the Native languages began blending with English, creating their own unique language.

Also, during that time, the Americas were slowly being ccolonized (like in real life). However, the descendants of the Colonists were being oppressed, and having a vague memory of why their ancestors had come tot he New World, they began plotting an escape, because they knew no rebellion could be successful against the British Superpower.

They carefully made their plans, then all of a sudden, attacked the nearest harbor town, actually managing to capture most, if not all, of the ships there intact. Only those sailors who were awake and resisted were killed, as they would be needed to sail the ships.

Once this was done, the Roanokeans put their men, women, and children aboard these ships, and set sail down the coast. In the Spanish colonies, they traded some of the goods they'd managed to bring with them for food and other necessities, then then continued their voyage south, using the charts available in the cabins of the former ships' captains. Eventually, they set sail east, actually against the prevailing winds, facing becalmment, near starvation and dehydration, sickness, no less than two seperate mutinies by the sailors, and as they neared the coast of Africa, a pirate attack they just managed to beat off at the loss of two ships.

On the coast of Africa, again they traded for necessities, or stole, in the case of a few enterprising individuals, which led to conflicts with the locals, and a hurried departure South before more damage was done, actually taking a few of the locals with them, locals who had been exiled by their tribes, or sold into slavery. They were freed by the Roanokeans, but still expected to work, just like everyine else on the ships. They eventually made it aropund the tip of Africa, but there they still saw the influence of their English oppressors, and so comntinued East, hoping to find a land that was unknown to them. Finally, they stumbled across the west coast of Australia. Seeing few locals, and what there were showing no signs of English influence, the exhausted sailors and settlers burned the ships behind them, believing they had finally reached the land their leaders had promised them, a land where they could be free.

It was a wonder they made it as far as they did, but somehow, they still had more will in them. Their settlement grew, and so did their friendships with the local Aborigine tribes.

The voyage across the oceans had managed to knit them into a tight community, one focused on how precious each life was, and how important family was. This lasted through the centuries even to today.

However, that isn't all the story. They hid when the English finally arrived, coming out of hiding when the Australians declared their independence, and taking over and going isoplationist when that government eventually collapsed, and forming their own republic. Approximately twenty years before their self-imposed isolation, a new force began to rise int he shadows, a man called only Subtleknifewielder, whose origins were more mysterious than his masked appearance, a man who eventually unified them to the point that they were able to successfully come out of isolation.

Over time, they developed new fears, new enemies...and new friends, especially the nation of Ishiopia, whom they were sad to see collapse. They now see New Cymru as more than replacing the void left by that nation...

My first memories of CNRP, back in the old Kingdom of Sahrani, my first CN nation ever, is the second Dolphin war. Republic of War Vs Procintia, then the huge rp in the People's Democratic South Asian Republic (PDSAR), good times :awesome: when africa was basically unclaimed except Transvaal and half Asia was still blank.

If you want to do some research go into the archive, or even better to the old forums.

My first memories of CNRP, back in the old Kingdom of Sahrani, my first CN nation ever, is the second Dolphin war. Republic of War Vs Procintia, then the huge rp in the People's Democratic South Asian Republic (PDSAR), good times :awesome: when africa was basically unclaimed except Transvaal and half Asia was still blank.

If you want to do some research go into the archive, or even better to the old forums.

You started Rp'ing before me, as you were the one who got ME started...

I remember your showdown with Slavorussia, so much fun to sit on the sidelines and argue like the crazy partisans we were. Those were the good old days of cold war and politics.

Arkantos' History via PM

The story of the Atlantian Federation.

Part I. Beginning of Altea

We rose up in what used to be Ohio in the days of the United States(correct me, I can't remember who had Ohio before me), organizing what was complete anarchy. We organized ourselves into a democracy, modeled after the old U.S. government, and had the name "Altea". Altea was stable(sp?), for a time. Then, after Desator Industries' HQ was destroyed in a terrorist attack, we attempted to stabalize that region, just as we had stablized Ohio. We were forced to leave, however, under extreme pressure from the international community.

Part II. The End of Altea

We left that area, only to find ourselves under attack from a neighbor.We fought long and hard with West Virginia, only to realize we couldn't possibly win the war. We knew that, as soon as our Optional Defense Treaty ended, Rebel Virginia would've entered the war, along with the entire Bermuda Triangle Pact. We surrendured, and left the region with everything we had left, with a strong hope and desire to reclaim the homeland. We wandered around the world, eventually staying in Ardoria, for a time. While there, we shed the tarnished name of Altea.

Part III. The Rise of the Federation

We renamed ourselves "Atlantian Federation" because we came from the sea. We reached an agreement with Byzantium, an recieved Rhodes to settle on. We renamed the island "Atlantis", but most people still refer to it as Rhodes. What many people don't know is that the Atlantian Federation was meant to be a Federation of islands united under one government, but its current sole member is Rhodes. Once we arrived on Atlantis, we discovered an underdeveloped island, with a poor economy. So, to improve the conditions for our citizens, we began the New Aachen project. New Aachen, a city worthy of being called a capital, was completed in record time, with 15+ years worth of work completed in just under a year. This was mainly because all citizens helped in construction.

Part IV. Current Affairs

With New Aachen complete, the government moved as soon as possible. This was a good thing, and all government was fully transfered from Rhodes City in under a month. Then came the nuclear war(Have we named it?). We saw nukes hit all around us, in Gebiv, Byzantium, and in Rebel Army. We recovered quickly compared to that, and expanded our Navy from two battleships to three battleships and two corvettes. We also updated our air force to include F-22's as a primary fighter.

I remember your showdown with Slavorussia, so much fun to sit on the sidelines and argue like the crazy partisans we were. Those were the good old days of cold war and politics.

Yes, can't argue with you there. War was a true last resort, then. There was a war between established nations maybe once a month, if that, and that's counting the 'rebellions' that were people attempting to stake claims in already-claimed territory.

History of the Federacion Iberiana

Prior to independence, the Federacion was a region under the sovereignty of the Gebiv Empire. There were few outright independence movements, with the 2011 incident the only notable exception, but when the Empress divided the Empire, the Iberian people gladly formed their new nation with Juan Esparrago as their first President.

The new nation was immediately met with diplomatic friendship from the Hanseatic Republic, which made the new nation's first crisis all the more pressing. When European powers loosed the dogs of war, the Federacion saw its historical parent country and its only formal ally drawn into a quickly intensifying conflict which soon turned nuclear. While the Federacion itself remained secure, its forces were deployed to support those of Hansa, and the entire continent later had to face the specter of nuclear fallout.

The subsequent civilian, governmental, and military effort to move major cities underground occupied the Federacion's attention for many weeks, perhaps blinding it to its greatest threat. President Esparrago was kidnapped by the terrorist 2011 -- who prior to independence had threatened to bomb Gebivan installations in Rome and Valencia -- and it was only through the quick actions of the Federacion military, with tremendous support from the governments of both Confucianism and Hansa, that the President was rescued. 2011 remains at large, but his organization no longer poses a threat to the Federacion.

Yes, can't argue with you there. War was a true last resort, then. There was a war between established nations maybe once a month, if that, and that's counting the 'rebellions' that were people attempting to stake claims in already-claimed territory.

Hm, does that mean there wasn't much OOC bickering that seems to plague every war nowadays?