Events

I went for many months without any event. Now, in the past 8 days, I have chalked up 3 (2 negative, 1 positive) - and I always go for a 10 to 14-day sled, so it's not like I'm collecting taxes often - Just wondered if anyone else has seen increased events.

I know that events were updated on 2-20 (my first event was 2-21):

2-21-2009

- 10 new events have been added to the game. You'll be happy to note that all 10 of these events have positive outcomes. Some of the new events also have new effects and give players the option to reduce purchase and upkeep costs for things like land, infrastructure, technology, soldiers, and tanks.

- Nations will no longer receive duplicate events.

Does anyone know if the frequency was tinkered with?

It has been quite a while since I have gotten an event, and I pay bills every day, so I do not think so.

It had been quite a while for me, as well - months, in fact. The new Events were added on February 20 and I got an event that day, then one yesterday and another one today. Seems odd. I can't ever remember having three active events. Of the people I've talked to (I'm polling Gremlins and TOP members on our forums), it's about 50-50 on the opinion that frequency has increased. Perhaps it is coincidence.

It had been quite a while for me, as well - months, in fact. The new Events were added on February 20 and I got an event that day, then one yesterday and another one today. Seems odd. I can't ever remember having three active events. Of the people I've talked to (I'm polling Gremlins and TOP members on our forums), it's about 50-50 on the opinion that frequency has increased. Perhaps it is coincidence.

I would tend to think that, and dismiss people in your situation as anomalies especially since people will only post when they have problems and not to say that are going very normally. However the sheer amount of anecdotal evidence defying statistics has lead think that while events are genuinely supposed to be random, there is something wrong with the random number generator itself.

Thanks, Janax.

I have posted this question on the TOP forums - of people who have paid bills/collected taxes since 20 February, ~36% have noticed some increase in incidence. Several have described a rapid succession of multiple events in the last week, but (like you) aren't unhappy because those that they have gotten have been positive.

Some comments from the thread:

i got one now, first one in half a year. but then i only collect about once every 10-15 days.
I've gotten two more in the past ten days, which makes for a total of three negative events that are active right now.
I just got a {xxx} one today.
Received two in the past 10 days.
It has been around 2 months since I've had an event.
I've not had an event since 21/2 but I've only collected once and paid bills twice in that time.
I've noticed that they re-occur more regularly, but not necessarily a spike recently other than when they were turned on again
I haven't been getting many events as I used to actually.

Certainly the sample size is still small enough that this would be considered anecdotal, but it bears watching. If I get more data, I will toss it in the "report a bug" bin - and even then it may not be a "bug". It may be that a bug that artificially lowered odds was addressed by Admin and this is the result.

Edited by Aalumni

I used to plan on having at least two -3 dollar events at a given time, my event now have given me cheaper tanks or something. I guess that's better. Almost all the events I have had were bad ones heh.

Edited by Fighter26

Yeah I think I recall having one 'good' event once (+1 happiness or something) which was quickly superseded the following day by a big nasty. I've had that one where you lose $5 or 10% land like 5 times in a row between TE and standard - is there a miscalc in the formula for that one? Cuz I'm bored of it...